Interesting Upcoming Cruise Stats...WOW.

1 hour ago, Waycoolrob said:

Sorry to disagree, but this will sail, in my opinion they will resume on June 11th. They have to survive as a company and eventually make money. I think the pre-sail checks will be stringent and they will add something to the ticket contract about covid and suing specifically etc. etc. But I think they will sail, Royal Caribbean like most companies will get back to work soon. Mouths to feed, and bills to pay.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarathiessen/2020/04/11/europe-borders-may-close-until-september-due-to-us-covid-19-threat/#5688a7575056

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Well, dang! We just booked our flights to Sydney for our Feb/March cruise. If RCCL cancels that cruise, I thought the Air2Sea reservations would automatically be refunded, even if booked non-refundable. Wish I would have read this post sooner! Those flights were pretty pricey, so now I sure hope we can go! Aaagh!

yes it used to be that if you used air2sea or flights by celebrity that if they cancelled and you booked through them For air they would refund your air regardless of If it was a refundable or non refundable ticket.  Unfortunately that changed  in the round of cancellations when they cancelled most Alaska about a month ago.  

I was rather upset as the previous round of cancellations they had been giving airline refunds but when it came time to cancel my June 8th Alaskan cruise I could only get an airline voucher despite booking with flights by celebrity.

1 hour ago, Waycoolrob said:

Sorry to disagree, but this will sail, in my opinion they will resume on June 11th. They have to survive as a company and eventually make money. I think the pre-sail checks will be stringent and they will add something to the ticket contract about covid and suing specifically etc. etc. But I think they will sail, Royal Caribbean like most companies will get back to work soon. Mouths to feed, and bills to pay.

Just because they have bills to pay and mouths to feed is not a very logical argument that is going to allow the cruise lines to cruise.  Just because they want something to happen doesn’t mean it is going to happen unless they have some reasonable plan in place for all the quarantining and repatriation that is required when cruise ships get an outbreak.

I am not sure what the equivalent of the CDC is for the EU, but I don’t think the CLIA can go to that body and say “We have mouths to feed and bills to pay.  So please let our ships sail so we don’t go bankrupt.  Please ignore the 20+ ships that have had a outbreaks and all the people that have died on and due to cruiseships.  Also please let us dock in your ports so we can infect the local populations.  We also require an occasional quarantine of around 4000-5000 people and repatriation flights for a large number of passengers as well.  Sound like a deal?”

Edited by rimmit
  • Like 2

Take it with a pound of salt, this was just released from Royal. Odd Canada and Barcelona were added. It is two months away and just two months ago no one had heard of corona virus. 

A look at the expected first sailing of each Royal Caribbean ship as the cruise industry gets back into service     (all information is subject to change due to the COVID-19 crisis):

Adventure of the Seas
Date: June 13, 2020
Homeport: Cape Liberty 
Length: 5 nights
Itinerary: King’s Wharf

Allure of the Seas
Date: June 14, 2020
Homeport: Barcelona 
Length: 7 nights
Itinerary: Palma de Mallorca, Marseille, La Spezia, Civitavecchia and Naples

Anthem of the Seas
Date: June 20, 2020
Homeport: Southampton 
Length: 8 nights
Itinerary: Lisbon, Vigo, La Coruña and Bilbao

Brilliance of the Seas
Date: June 12, 2020
Homeport: Amsterdam
Length: 10 nights
Itinerary: Dover, Belfast, Greenock, Holyhead, Cork and Le Havre

Empress of the Seas
Date: June 29, 2020
Itinerary: Hamilton and St. George Island

Enchantment of the Seas
Homeport: Galveston 
Itinerary: Key West, CocoCay and Nassau

Explorer of the Seas
Homeport: Civitavecchia 
Itinerary: Santorini, Kusadasi, Mykonos and Naples

Freedom of the Seas
Homeport: San Juan 
Itinerary: Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire and St. Maarten

Grandeur of the Seas
Date: June 20, 2020
Homeport: Baltimore
Itinerary: King’s Wharf

Harmony of the Seas
Homeport: Port Canaveral 
Itinerary: CocoCay, San Juan and St. Kitts

Independence of the Seas
Homeport: Fort Lauderdale 
Length: 3 nights
Itinerary: CocoCay and Nassau

Jewel of the Seas
Date: June 18, 2020
Homeport: Copenhagen to Stockholm 
Length: 10 nights
Itinerary: Warnemunde, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Visby and Riga

Liberty of the Seas
Homeport: Galveston 
Itinerary: Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatán

Majesty of the Seas
Homeport: New Orleans
Itinerary: Key West, Nassau and CocoCay

Mariner of the Seas
Homeport: Port Canaveral 
Itinerary: Nassau and CocoCay

Navigator of the Seas
Homeport: Miami 
Itinerary: CocoCay and Nassau

Oasis of the Seas
Itinerary: Port Canaveral, CocoCay and Nassau

Ovation of the Seas
Date: July 3, 2020
Homeport: Seattle
Itinerary: Inside Passage, Juneau, Skagway, Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier and Victoria

Quantum of the Seas
Homeport: Tianjin 
Itinerary: Nagasaki and Fukuoka

Radiance of the Seas
Date: July 3, 2020
Homeport: Seward to Vancouver
Itinerary: Hubbard Glacier, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Strait Point, Ketchikan and Inside Passage

Rhapsody of the Seas
Homeport: Venice 
Itinerary: Kotor, Corfu, Piraeus, Mykonos and Argostoli

Serenade of the Seas
Date: July 5, 2020
Homeport: Vancouver
Itinerary: Inside Passage, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Tracy Arm Fjord

Spectrum of the Seas
Homeport: Shanghai 
Itinerary: Osaka, Kobe and Yokohama

Symphony of the Seas
Homeport: Miami 
Itinerary: St. Maarten, St. Thomas and CocoCay

Vision of the Seas
Homeport: Barcelona
Length: 12 nights
Itinerary: Santorini, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Piraeus, Civitavecchia, La Spezia and Marseilles

Voyager of the Seas
Homeport: Singapore
Itinerary: Penang

7 hours ago, johnjen said:

This is about our upcoming (maybe) June 22nd cruise out of Amsterdam. Back around mid-January, it had around six cabins, all various categories yet to be booked. Our category, JS, was fully booked/sold out at the time.

It is my understanding that all cruises sailing out of Amsterdam have been cancelled at this point through July 2020. It is very likely that the EU will try to get a closed border order to restrict all international (non-EU resident/citizen/shengen ) through September 2020. 

They just released an updated list today with all the cancelled sailings and your sailing does not appear on the list. It seems they have only included sailings where the cruise line has confirmed the cancellations. 

https://www.ptamsterdam.com/cruises-cancelled-departing-from-amsterdam/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Waycoolrob said:

I guess someone has to be wrong in this thread 😊. I would bet my last dollar on the OP’s cruise being cancelled. 

3 hours ago, Waycoolrob said:

I really don't think ports will be open for his cruise. It would really be great, but I doubt it will happen.

I really want to thank EVERYONE's input on this and no one posted anything snarky, just the TRUTH how they feel. Very much appreciated everyone.....THANKS AGAIN, but this is the first time in our short cruising experience where we have actually WANTED the cruise line to cancel; NOT because of fear of this dreaded virus. Just because of the unknown, where DOS might suddenly decide to not allow Americans to travel abroad - or in the case of the EU with potential stoppage of travel into the EU through September, and the port authority in Amsterdam now shutting down all cruises through July.

All we are doing now is waiting and hoping it cancels. Glad we did not yet buy air fare (great advice btw on making sure if we DO buy, to get REFUNDABLE even if through Choice air/air2sea.

So, no firm summer plans. MAYBE Australia Christmas.....just not cruising.

Edited by johnjen

You all know hurricane season is upon us.  Combine that with Covid-19 and it’s not going to be a good Summer anywhere on the East coast, or West coast either.  I would not even venture out this year cruising.  

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I just ran through another open cabin count on our June 22nd sailing from Amsterdam. The cruise, far as we can tell, is STILL BOOKED TO SAIL. However, the LATEST:

- There are now 465 cabins unbooked total, that is now 43% of the total capacity of 1075 cabins.

Looking grim, but we are still holding back from booking airfare (two reasons: prices are STILL too high from ChoiceAir (even though KLM flights are much less).

I DOUBT it will sail at all.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

A very laborious process using some TA web site and even then it may not show true inventory.

It took me around 15 minutes just counting the unbooked cabins on the RCL page, kinda like watching paint dry but I love doing stats and data anyway LOL

Just now, johnjen said:

It took me around 15 minutes just counting the unbooked cabins on the RCL page, kinda like watching paint dry but I love doing stats and data anyway LOL

The UK RCI site used to great for counting cabins but that feature is gone, so now the RCI web site is probably the last place you want to go to see the inventory.

Just now, Biker19 said:

The UK RCI site used to great for counting cabins but that feature is gone, so now the RCI web site is probably the last place you want to go to see the inventory.

Do you think those numbers on the US RCL site might be skewed? I see what you mean, probably not accurate?

1 minute ago, johnjen said:

Do you think those numbers on the US RCL site might be skewed? I see what you mean, probably not accurate?

Only RCI internal systems show the true picture - the customer facing info is best gathered some place other than RCI.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE on this cruise: Now there are 474 cabins not booked, where most are from cancellations. I have never seen an upcoming cruise - with just five weeks out - showing vacancies at 44% now. Back in January, our cruise was close to being sold out.

Amsterdam has banned large gatherings till Sept 1.  

I have not seen a a specific ban on cruise ships, but I doubt if they are banning large gatherings they are going to let a ship dock.  I give this cruise zero chance of happening.  I suggest getting in line for a refund now.  I cancelled our Sept 2 Transatlantic out of Amsterdam already to get in line for a refund. I suggest you do the same unless you lose money by cancelling.  Then I’d wait for the cruiseline to cancel

It wont sail. Ports wont be open. I live in Ireland - two of brilliance's ports are here - Cork and Belfast. Ports will not allow cruises to dock. 

The government wont even allow us to travel further than 5km from home at the moment. Hotels are closed until after 20th July at the earliest. We have no weddings only small funerals. Anyone coming into the country has a two week quarantine.

We have a 5 phase plan to open the economy up and it will be September at the earliest before any big gathering.

Amsterdam/Copenhagen are approx 2 weeks ahead so might open slightly earlier.

On 4/20/2020 at 8:04 PM, johnjen said:

I really want to thank EVERYONE's input on this and no one posted anything snarky, just the TRUTH how they feel. Very much appreciated everyone.....THANKS AGAIN, but this is the first time in our short cruising experience where we have actually WANTED the cruise line to cancel; NOT because of fear of this dreaded virus. Just because of the unknown, where DOS might suddenly decide to not allow Americans to travel abroad - or in the case of the EU with potential stoppage of travel into the EU through September, and the port authority in Amsterdam now shutting down all cruises through July.

All we are doing now is waiting and hoping it cancels. Glad we did not yet buy air fare (great advice btw on making sure if we DO buy, to get REFUNDABLE even if through Choice air/air2sea.

So, no firm summer plans. MAYBE Australia Christmas.....just not cruising.

Don't worry, Royal will cancel the cruise. 

• Thanks 1