Interrogatory Question: Please just answer “Yes” or “No” and your Cruise Date. Have you received your Option 2 refund ?

Well, I just got my second big refund from Princess to my credit card.  I have one to go.

On April 25, 2020, I cancelled my excursions for my July10,2020, Alaska Cruise and my 8/29 and 9/5 B2B Mediterrean cruisess

On May 23, 2020, my credit card got my credits.  Don't know how they do it, but I got around 10 different refund entries.  Could relate some to certain charges but other amounts were a mystery to me.  However, the total equaled to what I had initially charged so I am not sweating the small stuff. 

So all I have left are my deposits for my B2B.  I didn't actually cancel the cruises themselves until April 28, 2020, so I know that it will be at least a few more days for that to come back to me.  After I cancelled the cruises,  and then Princess cancelled them too, I got a memo asking if I wanted the deposit returned to me as a FCC worth two times what I paid. I needed to advise them by 6/15/2020, otherwise do nothing and I would get my money back.  So I don't know if my refund will be delayed due to that offer or not.  Therefore my range of refund dates, in my mind, could be from 06/28-08/15/2020.  So I will wait until then to call my CC company to refund me.  I know others have had different situations, but so far Princess has honored their timeline with me, even though it might have been 60-90 days!

Pooh

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Partial ‘yes’, Got a whopping $79.90 refunded to the wrong card, only about $7900 to go.

Cancelled March 16, cruisetour May 19.

Almost insulting. Hopefully tomorrow is your day.

Partial ‘yes’, Got a whopping $79.90 refunded to the wrong card, only about $7900 to go.

Cancelled March 16, cruisetour May 19.

I love the "wrong card" as my numbers were weird also (which card got what). So much for "taking extra time to make sure the refunds are accurate". Mine was not....

6 minutes ago, Coral said:

I love the "wrong card" as my numbers were weird also (which card got what). So much for "taking extra time to make sure the refunds are accurate". Mine was not....

Argh.  This is why I have a spreadsheet detailing everything.  Hoping for the best.... And still waiting.

• Like 2

As of June 20 I have received everything credited back to my credit card for 2 April cruises and a May 30 cruise. These refunds included prepaid shore excursions and the promised future cruise credit for the 2 April cruises. Patience paid off for me at least.

• Thanks 1

Cruise: August 20, 2020 Regal British Isles 

Cancelled by Princess May 6th

Had an approx. $700 refundable deposit 

Refund received today. Not bad after having to dispute my May cruise on Royal! 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Coral said:

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but since we both book through the same discount TA, perhaps that???   Can’t see why it would matter...but then again why not?   I have not used that particular card on Princess in years!

Update of this morning: 89.3% Yes, 10.7% No
May 19 cruisetour,  March 16 cancel.

• Like 1

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but since we both book through the same discount TA, perhaps that???   Can’t see why it would matter...but then again why not?   I have not used that particular card on Princess in years!

Update of this morning: 89.3% Yes, 10.7% No
May 19 cruisetour,  March 16 cancel.

I used one credit card for cruise booked at final payment (so I couldn't have booked air with it). The other card was booked for EZ Air (and with out involving the TA). So Air was booked by me direct with Princess's website.

Makes no sense. It doesn't matter. I think all of this is out of the TA's hands. 

That is weird that you haven't used that card forever with Princess.

Coral- I have no explanation for the mixed up cards, at all.  

And I think it is just coincidence but you, ceilidh1 and I seem to be the only ones with unexplained refund amounts that don’t seem to match anything, including the totals due.  Many, many posts are ‘exact to the penny’.  Ceilidh1 is a TA, so presumably can discount herself and we know our TA discounts.  Not sure if that matters, but it is the only known commonality at this point.  Still probably just coincidence.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Looking back at what we were talking about one year ago: Princess has come through with the refunds & FCC. They even extended mine to Dec 31/22 without me asking. 
Hope all goes well with the Alaska & UK Cra about to start up! Exciting!! 

1 hour ago, dog said:

Looking back at what we were talking about one year ago: Princess has come through with the refunds & FCC. They even extended mine to Dec 31/22 without me asking. 
Hope all goes well with the Alaska & UK Cra about to start up! Exciting!! 

I wish they would extend it to 2023. Considering cruising is just starting - there are a lot of individuals who have FCC to use. Prices are pretty high. People have families and they don't know when they will be allowed on ships or feel safe on ships until the kiddos have been vaccinated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coral said:

I wish they would extend it to 2023. Considering cruising is just starting - there are a lot of individuals who have FCC to use. Prices are pretty high. People have families and they don't know when they will be allowed on ships or feel safe on ships until the kiddos have been vaccinated.

Yes, especially since under 12 year olds can’t be vaccinated for covid yet 

• Like 1