Royal Caribbean suspended through July 31, 2020

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

Can't you use the "List and Shift" option to move the booking to next year at the same pricing?

Lift and shift has to be the same number of nights for both cruises and the poster said they want to move to a longer cruise than the one this year.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, CynBeth6 said:

We have never had to do this before so have a question.  Now that our June Med cruise is cancelled do we have to wait until we get the e-mail on 6/30 about FCC or could it be available now to be able to call and apply it to a different Med cruise we found for next summer that is a little longer than this was going to be ?

No, call them asap and say you want to do a lift & shift to another med cruise next year doing the same itinerary as this one. We did it, the whole process was simple and painless!

3 minutes ago, johnjen said:

No, call them asap and say you want to do a lift & shift to another med cruise next year doing the same itinerary as this one. We did it, the whole process was simple and painless!

They want to do a longer cruise.  Lift and shift would not apply. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CynBeth6 said:

We have never had to do this before so have a question.  Now that our June Med cruise is cancelled do we have to wait until we get the e-mail on 6/30 about FCC or could it be available now to be able to call and apply it to a different Med cruise we found for next summer that is a little longer than this was going to be ?

Yes you have to wait for the FCC to be issued. 

if you call Royal you should be able to book a cruise and not pay the deposit until your FCC is issued.  They will put a hold on your cruise locking in the prices until June 30th. 

We have a cruise booked for Aug. 29th on the Symphony of the Seas, final payment is due in a few weeks....on the fence as what to do, we are hoping it sails but it's not looking likely 😞 

15 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

You folks that think there will be no cruises till next year are being foolish.....if there are no cruises till then....there will not EVER be anymore cruises. you have to have financial ability to run a cruise company. by then there will be none left!

It's my understanding that RCI and Carnival Corp do have a financial plan for that exact thing, so apparently they are planning for that possibility. Any business would be crazy not to have one - because it very well could happen. Do you think they are really just winging it day by day?   It's NCL that looks a little dicey as far as surviving, but I haven't followed that as closely, so perhaps they also have a plan.

10 minutes ago, CynBeth6 said:

Can’t do the lift and shift because our current cruise is 7 days and the one we want to do next summer is 12 days but thanks for the suggestions!

I think you may be able to do the lift and shift but have to pay the difference. Does not hurt to try though you will probably be on hold for hours. 

Larry

1 hour ago, CynBeth6 said:

Can’t do the lift and shift because our current cruise is 7 days and the one we want to do next summer is 12 days but thanks for the suggestions!

Currently no $100 change fee per person( charge will be waived) to move your $$$'s to the 12 day sailing under the rules of CWC. Now is the time to switch if you want to do it.

Edited by Jimbo

Hi

Our Oasis cruise on June 27, 2020 is now officially cancelled.  

We booked through a travel agent.

I see on Royal’s website you can request a refund online.  Are we able to do that or do I need to ask our travel agent to do it for us?

Thank you in advance

Noreen

19 hours ago, Larryhnj said:

I think you may be able to do the lift and shift but have to pay the difference. Does not hurt to try though you will probably be on hold for hours. 

Larry

You won’t be able to do a lift and switch.  You can do a reservation transfer at prevailing rates and have the money move over.

Lift and shift protects the rates. 

On 5/20/2020 at 1:37 PM, CynBeth6 said:

Not sure its been mentioned or not....the FCC can't be used for the depo....so that means you do not need (or want) to wait for the FCC prior to booking the replacement (especially if you have a specific cabin you want)

On 5/20/2020 at 3:05 PM, Houndfish said:

I have a deposit on a November cruise with final payment due in August. My options seem to be to cancel and lose deposit, make final payment and take cruise if it sails or get a fcc if it is cancelled. 

Another question is will the Caribbean ports on the itinerary be open or will it end being a cruise to RCI private islands.

Time will tell.

You won't lose the deposit. The cruise with confidence program applies to even non-refundable deposits.

23 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Not sure its been mentioned or not....the FCC can't be used for the depo....so that means you do not need (or want) to wait for the FCC prior to booking the replacement (especially if you have a specific cabin you want)

I wouldn't wait. The prices are still pretty low. You'll have to come out of pocket for the $250 per person deposit but the FCC from the previously canceled cruise will eventually be applied to the overall balance on the new booking. They're running WAY behind on the application of refunds and the FCCs.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:08 AM, Noreen411 said:

Hi

Our Oasis cruise on June 27, 2020 is now officially cancelled.  

We booked through a travel agent.

I see on Royal’s website you can request a refund online.  Are we able to do that or do I need to ask our travel agent to do it for us?

Thank you in advance

Noreen

Travel Agent. Let them work for you. Are you sure you want the refund or just a credit on the account? This will pass. Cruising will be back stronger than ever. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Ledbetter said:

Travel Agent. Let them work for you. Are you sure you want the refund or just a credit on the account? This will pass. Cruising will be back stronger than ever. 🙂

Nope, it will be back but in a much different format, certainly not stronger

11 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Nope, it will be back but in a much different format, certainly not stronger

Personally, I can't wait. I'm booked on Harmony of the Seas in September, Scarlet Lady in October, and Independence in April 2021.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Richard-Fain-interview-coronavirus

Edited by Patrick Ledbetter

37 minutes ago, Patrick Ledbetter said:

Hi.  I’m going with the refund on this one.  I know we’ll probably wait a while to receive it.  We have several cruises booked out to 2022 already.  I’m also expecting a few more cancellations before we get to sail.

Noreen

36 minutes ago, Noreen411 said:

Hi.  I’m going with the refund on this one.  I know we’ll probably wait a while to receive it.  We have several cruises booked out to 2022 already.  I’m also expecting a few more cancellations before we get to sail.

Noreen

That's awesome that you already have cruises booked that far out! 🙂

For the last few years we have been cruising about 160 nights a year booking out about 18 months.  I decided last year to not book as far out with some exceptions.  When the started I only had one slow had backed off  with only one 32 night trip booked for 2021.   We have had 35 nights cancelled so far and had another 95 nights book this year.  Some of them I am shifting to 2021 and the rest I will cancel.  If all goes well we will cruise again in April of 2021, and that is a maybe.