Gave in and did the L&S : (

Kept holding out for our Mediterranean cruise August 9th. Dh said he didn't feel comfortable even IF it's not canceled. So went from the Allure which we've been

on before, to the Harmony which we haven't. I'm sad we're all having to cancel, but we have something to look forward to next year!

I think many are doing the L&S. I didn't get the area/cabin we like. Was lucky to find a decent one though. Only a couple left in our category.  Will keep an eye out for cancelations and snatch up another cabin we like better. If not, that's ok. I feel blessed to even be able to cruise. I need to count my blessings more! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bouhunter said:

Good move.  We moved our October Med cruise to 2021.  Kept a great price 🙂

Yes! It was 1,500 more next yr! I always keep an eye on prices and call when they go down.

• Like 1

Us too. Allure September 2020 to Harmony September 2021. We too feel sad yet relieved and were also able to keep a great price. I noticed that the price for our Allure cruise shot up within days of the L&S programme being launched; I guess to prevent people booking at the lower prices specifically with the aim of switching.

We were unable to get the same cabins but managed to get the two immediately above, so we're fine with that. 

This was our second attempt to sail on Allure. Maybe it will be third time lucky at some point in the future. Funnily enough, we sailed the exact same week on Harmony's inaugural European season five years ago. I still have my t-shirt! :classic_laugh:

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We ended up taking the FCC for our upcoming October cruise. RC asked about a L&S. We would have considered it if dates were released for after April 2022.

You wouldn’t have been able to L&S past April 2022.

For your October cruise it would only be able to shifted to Oct 2021 plus or minus 4 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

For your October cruise it would only be able to shifted to Oct 2021 plus or minus 4 weeks. 

and that’s our problem... we already have one for October 2021.  FCC will go on that one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We ended up taking the FCC for our upcoming October cruise. RC asked about a L&S. We would have considered it if dates were released for after April 2022.

That was kind of our situation..........Had New England/Canada Cruise for September 2020 booked.............but couldn't lift it to next year because we all ready had a 10 day sailing on Princess for Alaska 2021 booked......Then I saw all this  lIfting and shifting going on and saw a great price on an OS to Shift Explorer of the Seas 2020 to Harmony in September 2021 to Europe.

I thought wow a great chance to go to Europe at a great price, I want to do Europe, but my wife really wants to do that Alaska cruise on Princess...................I think she is going to win out. Oh well, when the times comes we just take the deposit FCC and put it on a future cruise in late 2022.

Back to the NE/ Canada cruise, decided to just move that as far as out I could.(no $100 change fee per person either, waived by RCCL under CWC..........changed it to Rhaspody of the Seas March 2022.........If we take it we combine it with a time share stay in Disney...............if the ship gets cut by Royal Caribbean when and if they reduce the fleet, may be able to pick up some kind of compensation, so still may be able to get another free move and book a NE/Canada cruise for fall of 2022. So in the end it still maybe able to work out.

• Like 1

Just did L&S for the family's SOS July 4 sailing.  Was on hold with TA for over 2 hrs., but got all 5 cabins moved to the June 19, 2021 sailing.  Only additional cost was a slight increase in taxes & fees.  All perks from the TA remained the same.

• Like 1

Same here.  Took advantage of L&S day they announced.  I had kept an eye on lower prices on our Oct. 2020 SOS since booking it in January & got it down to a pretty decent price.  Moved it to Oct. 2021 with a better itinerary & saved $1600!  Agent on phone told me not to bother checking for lower prices over the next year 😂.  Thanks RC for the L&S offer 👏🏻

Tried to do a L&S for Indy 5-night Cococay/Labadee but there isn't a comparable sailing next year. So I tried to convince them to put me on a 7-night sailing on Symphony for next year instead but I guess they aren't quite that desperate yet.  They wouldn't honor the price guarantee, so I cancelled the booking.

This is the first time since 2006 that I don't have at least one cruise booked.  I guess I better get busy on that; I feel like I'm missing an arm or something.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That was kind of our situation..........Had New England/Canada Cruise for September 2020 booked.............but couldn't lift it to next year because we all ready had a 10 day sailing on Princess for Alaska 2021 booked......Then I saw all this  lIfting and shifting going on and saw a great price on an OS to Shift Explorer of the Seas 2020 to Harmony in September 2021 to Europe.

I thought wow a great chance to go to Europe at a great price, I want to do Europe, but my wife really wants to do that Alaska cruise on Princess...................I think she is going to win out. Oh well, when the times comes we just take the deposit FCC and put it on a future cruise in late 2022.

Back to the NE/ Canada cruise, decided to just move that as far as out I could.(no $100 change fee per person either, waived by RCCL under CWC..........changed it to Rhaspody of the Seas March 2022.........If we take it we combine it with a time share stay in Disney...............if the ship gets cut by Royal Caribbean when and if they reduce the fleet, may be able to pick up some kind of compensation, so still may be able to get another free move and book a NE/Canada cruise for fall of 2022. So in the end it still maybe able to work out.

Interesting.  Didn't realize you could just move your NE/Canada cruise with no penalty.  So that's an option if you can't lift&switch?

Thanks!

NJ 

49 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Interesting.  Didn't realize you could just move your NE/Canada cruise with no penalty.  So that's an option if you can't lift&switch?

Thanks!

NJ 

Yes

7 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Wow - that is great to know.  Missed that.  Thanks a lot.  

Do you have to do this before final payment?

NJ 

We did, but it doesn't matter, just what ever cruise you pick the funds from first cruise will all carry over, be sure to keep the same Confirmation number, otherwise it will look like you canceled the first cruise and are just booking a new cruise............the cruise we moved it to was like $26.00 higher price. No way were we sailing from Bayonne, NJ in September whether they sail or not.

It can be moved under the CWC policy.

We moved it to Rhasopdy which is doing a Caribbean cruise

Edited by Jimbo

It took me 4 days but I L&S today. Our FCC was applied to our November 2020 Oasis cruise. The time frame for the L&S didn't work because of a cruise booked for December 2021. I rebooked the December 2021 cruise to January 2021 and then had to get approval to have the FCC moved to the new booking. After all of that I was able to L&S from Oasis, November 2020 to Harmony December 2021. Same Cabin for every cruise! I don't even know where we are going and I don't really care.