What's going on with the Empress - Apr 17 2021 ??

We are booked for April 17 2021 on the Empress.   It is still showing on our Cruise Planner; however, our Roll Call is now gone from CruiseCritic and when I search for our April 17 cruise on Royal's website, it is not there either.   

Are we about to receive an email from Royal saying this cruise is cancelled?

The cruise is still showing on RCCL's web site.  Nice itinerary, by the way.

You should send a message to the CruiseCritic Community about your roll call.  Perhaps there were some posts that were against the policies, and it got yanked.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Does anyone think after all this Covid  if all the ships in the fleet survive or not, if so which ones are likley to go?

Hard to say, but their still booking this one on the Empress.

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have never seen them yank an entire roll call.  They may delete certain posts, but not an entire roll call.

I'll tell you this, Mom, with the type of posting I've been seeing lately regarding the whole pandemic situation, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if there was a virtual food fight on one of the roll call thread, and the monitors had to break it up!!

Edited by pcur

28 minutes ago, pcur said:

I'll tell you this, Mom, with the type of posting I've been seeing lately regarding the whole pandemic situation, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if there was a virtual food fight on one of the roll call thread, and the monitors had to break it up!!

I would love to read that!  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Roll calls aren't removed even if a cruise is cancelled or chartered.  There have been many, even before covid that have stayed on the roll call even after a change/cancellation, etc.  

1 hour ago, pcur said:

They would clean it up and remove posts that go against CC rules, but they wouldn't delete the whole roll call.

3 minutes ago, BND said:

They would clean it up and remove posts that go against CC rules, but they wouldn't delete the whole roll call.

So I've been told.  The OP needs to notify the board monitor.

Edited by pcur

Just now, pcur said:

It was a joke.....................................

Absolutely no way to tell that.

OP, are you sure there was a roll call for this cruise?  

Well, I don't know what to say.   I swear that particular date was gone from Royal's website this morning; however, I do see it now, so I guess all is good (I hope).

But I do not see the Empress' roll call for April 21 2021.    There weren't many posts on it but I don't see it listed.....

1 minute ago, BND said:

Absolutely no way to tell that.

OP, are you sure there was a roll call for this cruise?  

I was joking with Merion Mom about a "virtual food fight" on the roll call thread, and the monitors having to break it up.  Joke.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Does anyone think after all this Covid  if all the ships in the fleet survive or not, if so which ones are likley to go?

Rhapsody of the Seas is already on the chopping block.  Empress is about 8 years older -- should have been first in line IMHO.  I sailed on Empress and wasn't "impressed"  Pun intended.   And no dedicated DL to boot. 😜

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 2.10.44 PM.png

Edited by livingonthebeach

In these times it will probably worth it to take ships like Empress and Majesty out of service completely possibly there arecheaper options than Cold layup to have the ships on standby for 2 years or so to keep the optiions up to have it sold, or even consider to have them scraped completely, although this might also not bee so inexpensive.

However, anyone booked on Empress or Majesty, not so sure we will see them ever back in the RCL fleet.

15 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Have you looked through the roll call board? Not just relying on the "it might work roll call finder"?

Yes, it's no where to be found.   Oh well....    I'm sure someone will start a new one at some point.