All Concierge Lounges now closed to Diamond Plus?

26 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve been on a least 3 Oasis Class cruises where the P’s onboard were less than 10. It probably doesn’t happen often but more likely around Spring Break and Summer Sailings. 

Definitely  low numbers  from spring break through summer.  We took a July 3 Majesty cruise last summer and there were just 4 of us!   I'm guessing the low numbers  had to do not only with summer, but also since we were on Majesty. 

I've heard P passengers say it is because children are on board spring break and summer time ,  but  I've noticed  interestingly it is also the most expensive time to sail.  

Many of our summer cruises have low P numbers.    

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I've heard P passengers say it is because children are on board spring break and summer time ,  but  I've noticed  interestingly it is also the most expensive time to sail.  

You are right on target. They typically avoid the more expensive cruises. They sail in the off seasons. 

24 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

There is a bit of difference from Diamond (all) perks and Suite Amenities. Perks for C&A and amenities for Suites. A Suite guest should NEVER feel the need to arrive early to the Suite Lounge or CK to get a seat. That goes on in the Diamond Lounge. 

+1

Some Suite guests might only cruise once for a special occasion and the price of Star and Sky Suites on Oasis class ships should guarantee them a seat if they want one in the SL and CK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

+1

Some Suite guests might only cruise once for a special occasion and the price of Star and Sky Suites on Oasis class ships should guarantee them a seat if they want one in the SL and CK.

Well, that is technically impossible since SL holds about 1/3rd of the full suite capacity. 😉

And only about 30 of the coveted window seats🤣🤣

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

And for those you got to get there early. We’d just be happy with a seat on our last cruise. 

Our CK table was by the window each night for dinner on Oasis, Allure, and Harmony (first cruise). 

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

And for those you got to get there early. We’d just be happy with a seat on our last cruise. 

Our CK table was by the window each night for dinner on Oasis, Allure, and Harmony (first cruise). 

You tipped well, you got lucky, who knows. Point is the venue holds around 100 people, only around 25 window seats, even less for two tops. 

So every suite guest has no reasonable expectation to consistently get a window seat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We tell the host that we don’t have a seating location preference and we often seem to get a window seat.  But if not, we don’t care. You can see out the window from most of the seats, as long as your back is not to the window. 

m

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, that is technically impossible since SL holds about 1/3rd of the full suite capacity. 😉

I have never been in an Oasis class Suite Lounge but didn't realise it only holds 1/3 of the full Suite Capacity.

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

We tell the host that we don’t have a seating location preference and we often seem to get a window seat.  But if not, we don’t care. You can see out the window from most of the seats, as long as your back is not to the window. 

m

Unless you eat early, not much to see at night anyway, just a reflection of the venue.  😉Especially during fall, spring, and winter.

In my vast experience the host/hostess often put us at a window, I'm certain it's the Pin.  

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

There is a bit of difference from Diamond (all) perks and Suite Amenities. Perks for C&A and amenities for Suites. A Suite guest should NEVER feel the need to arrive early to the Suite Lounge or CK to get a seat. That goes on in the Diamond Lounge. 

I agree with you on this as it pertains to the suite lounge or CK.  Those are exclusive amenities for suite guests.  However, if they want to go to the CL or DL, then I would argue that C&A have equal rights to those lounges.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Unless you eat early, not much to see at night anyway, just a reflection of the venue.  😉Especially during fall, spring, and winter.

In my vast experience the host/hostess often put us at a window, I'm certain it's the Pin.  

What is considered early for dinner?

What time do they open for dinner?

34 minutes ago, badvector said:

I agree with you on this as it pertains to the suite lounge or CK.  Those are exclusive amenities for suite guests.  However, if they want to go to the CL or DL, then I would argue that C&A have equal rights to those lounges.  

Absolutely  I agree. We did often stop by the CL on Freedom, Serenade, Brilliance, and Enchantment. Only one that was an issue was Serenade on a 12 night Southern Caribbean cruise. A couple people would get there early and were like chair hogs around the pool and save chairs. We tried to sit and were told they were saved. It was on and around the stage. Mario found us a two top table behind the bar and next to the window. That’s were we sat for the remainder of the cruise. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

A couple people would get there early and were like chair hogs around the pool and save chairs. We tried to sit and were told they were saved. It was on and around the stage. 

Yea, that behaviour is inexcusable.

But I do like that area behind the bar

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, badvector said:

But where does that space come from?  Space is a commodity on ships; especially the smaller ones.  We also don't spend a lot of time in the lounge but I understand that others do.  As I read through the comments, this is the general consensus that I observed.

I should have noted that my comment about requesting more space was in joke font.

The last thing RC would do is give up space, to give things away. We are all well aware of that. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve been on a least 3 Oasis Class cruises where the P’s onboard were less than 10. It probably doesn’t happen often but more likely around Spring Break and Summer Sailings. 

Very few when we sail at Christmas.  I’ve seen them announce the top 3 and a D+ makes the podium. A few more for March break but not many. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2020 at 3:27 PM, grapau27 said:

Maybe it is us but we have never met any pompous or irritating  D+.

If anyone is that way inclined that is their personality regardless of where they are.

You need to pay more attention.  Some Ps are delightful, most are somewhat full of themselves, but mostly in a fun way.  I haven’t yet met a P I absolutely did not like, but many have been challenging.  

I could say the same about my few remaining elders some of which have never been on a ship.

jc

• Like 3

On 6/6/2020 at 4:13 PM, grapau27 said:

We are D+ on RC.

We are Elite (top level)on Princess.

Mediterranean high level on P&O so would have been or close to be Pinnacle if we had only cruised RC.

I think RC money men would prefer Star and Sky Suite guests because of the price they pay for their Suites.

Congratulations

🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2020 at 4:13 PM, grapau27 said:

We are D+ on RC.

We are Elite (top level)on Princess.

Mediterranean high level on P&O so would have been or close to be Pinnacle if we had only cruised RC.

I think RC money men would prefer Star and Sky Suite guests because of the price they pay for their Suites.

So very sorry to hear about a heart attack. 

Hope you get well!  Seriously.

jc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2020 at 8:00 PM, John&LaLa said:

In my opinion a bigger problem was created by giving solos an extra point😉

I, personally, learned of that abuse last year coming from Australia to Hawaii.  

The lengths that people will go to in order to become a PIN.  

JC

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I, personally, learned of that abuse last year coming from Australia to Hawaii.  

The lengths that people will go to in order to become a PIN.  

JC

You don't have to abuse it, it just happens. 

The explanation you told cracks me up. At least Laura and I pay for two cabins