Lift and Shift - Also for European Customers?

My experience with Royal and Celebrity is, that usually whatever policy applies to Northern American customers often does not apply to Europeans. We would really like to lift and shift our cruise out of Miami in November, but I'm uncertain if this policy also works for Europeans. I can't seem to find the small print on Lift and Shift, only on Cruise with Confidence.

Are there any European cruisers on here, that have changed their cruise under this policy? I'd be very unhappy to cancel all my purchases in the cruise planner only to find out that I can't change my cruise under these conditions anyways.

Thanks in advance!! 🙂

EDIT: Please ignore: I just read that you can only lift and shift cruises already cancelled, after going over everything on the website what felt like a hundred times...

Edited by karli_ratte

15 minutes ago, karli_ratte said:

EDIT: Please ignore: I just read that you can only lift and shift cruises already cancelled, after going over everything on the website what felt like a hundred times...

Karli, I don't know where you got this information but this is absolutely not correct. The Lift and Shift programme is for active bookings, not cancelled ones, with the exception of those cruises covered by the cruise line's last round of cancellations, in which case they are giving customers a short period during which they can shift those cancelled cruises.

You really need to contact whoever you booked your cruise through as you should be able to Lift and Shift your November cruise as long as there is qualifying cruise for you to move it to (same length, itinerary type and cabin category).

Hope this helps.

7 minutes ago, karli_ratte said:

FionaMG, thank you so much! I'll maybe best call the hotline. I got it from this website: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/deu/de/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

grafik.thumb.png.585e0abb33155d06f06df43785dabe23.png

Karli, you are very welcome and I'm glad I was able to help.

Thanks to the link you posted I can understand your concern but that particular part of the site is precisely for people whose cruises have already been cancelled.

The part you need, with an active cruise booking, is much farther down. You need to scroll all the way down, almost to the bottom, to where you see this:

image.thumb.png.5a50500d36af3ff0438030e02760dec0.png

Then you need to click on the link on the left (Learn More About Cruise With Confidence)

Once that page opens up, you will see the Lift and Shift information for active bookings is just a few paragraphs down:

image.thumb.png.c462c0cee36f58f9fcebce28f6ccc545.png

I hope it's clearer for you now and that you will be able to find a suitable cruise to switch to. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, karli_ratte said:

Just the opposite, you L&S before being cancelled.  We just used the L&S to go from Allure 2020 to Harmony 2021 in the Med. 

I am in the UK and did a L&S for my cruise on August 29th. Same itinerary and ship next year.No problem.

My sister just booked hers last week for explorer out of Civitavechea in August and the same day changed it to Harmony out of Barcelona next August and saved £3000 on a junior suite.

So just get in touch with them.

Edited by orla56

Yes.I was told initially 7-14 days.I called again and was told to be patient and it would 14-28 days.

I changed on the 16th May got my revised invoice today.

Edited by orla56
  • Like 1

I have been doing several lift and shift for clients and have received them all in 5-7 days.

New invoices don't always automatically go out.

Call 1 866 562 7625, press 4 and follow the instructions and you can get a new invoice sent to see if the pricing has been updated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have been doing several lift and shift for clients and have received them all in 5-7 days.

New invoices don't always automatically go out.

Call 1 866 562 7625, press 4 and follow the instructions and you can get a new invoice sent to see if the pricing has been updated

Can that been done when booking with a travel agency or only direct I assume?

We L&S'ed here in Germany from Allure 31 August to same date Harmony 2021. So it is applicable for all Europe cruises (before cancelled by RCI), especially for DACH customers to include you.

You might not find a knowledgeable RCI rep in continental Europe anymore, as they have permanently closed the DACH, French, Dutch, Barcelona/Spain offices and sacked the employees , starting before corona. All closed and shut down permanently for DACH 30 June 2020

Good luck and Schaun mer mal

10 hours ago, orla56 said:

I am in the UK and did a L&S for my cruise on August 29th. Same itinerary and ship next year.No problem.

My sister just booked hers last week for explorer out of Civitavechea in August and the same day changed it to Harmony out of Barcelona next August and saved £3000 on a junior suite.

So just get in touch with them.

We did something similar. We're also UK based and L&S'd our recently booked Explorer Western Med cruise in August '20 to Harmony in early September '21. For some reason they would not let us switch to Harmony out of Barcelona - despite seeing CC members here having done so - but insisted we had to move to Harmony out of Civitavechea, even though it is the 'same' cruise. It didn't make that much difference to us and we saved ££ on a junior suite so we didn't argue that point. We were also told it would take 4-5 weeks for the revised invoice and we are still waiting on that.

I'm in the UK. Booked online directly with RC for August 2020 and then called them 2 days later to L&S it to August 2021.

I changed from Allure/Barcelona to Odyssey/Rome..

2 of my 3 new invoices took 7 days.

I'm still waiting on one.

For anyone waiting for a long time I would chase it and call them because my missing invoice has developed a glitch apparently 😵

Edited by livylotte

Karli,

Lift & Shift is definitely available for DACH customers (Germany, Austria, Switzerland). The cruise does not need to be cancelled. You can still L&S when it´s cancelled - that´s one of the options you´re given. We just received an email cancelling our September cruise (due to the Canadian restrictions) - the options then are L&S, refund or FCC.

But you can also L&S a still existing booking from 2020 to 2021.

steamboats

Dear all,

THANK YOU so much! I called the RCI number located in Vienna (no 0800 number!) and was connected pretty fast (12 minutes wait) to a very efficient rep, who lifted and shifted me within minutes. He sent me a new booking confirmation right away, warning me that the price would be wrong and would be adjusted within 7-14 days, but he wanted me to have a booking confirmation without delay. 

Overall this was just about the easiest adjustment I have ever made to any RCI/Celebrity booking. Perfect!! 

We usually book directly with cruise companies.  However, we booked a package that includes an 8-day cruise on Spectrum OS .  Package includes flights to Chengdu, river cruise on the Yangtze, bullet train journey and cruise as mentioned.  This was due to start on 31st August, RCI cruise on 6th September to China and Japan.  Our TA refuses to refund deposit, and insists the cruise will go ahead.  I am about to compose an email to the TA.  In the UK non-essential travel is not permitted, we are both well into our 70s, and we face quarantine when we return home.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

1 hour ago, karli_ratte said:

Dear all,

THANK YOU so much! I called the RCI number located in Vienna (no 0800 number!) and was connected pretty fast (12 minutes wait) to a very efficient rep, who lifted and shifted me within minutes. He sent me a new booking confirmation right away, warning me that the price would be wrong and would be adjusted within 7-14 days, but he wanted me to have a booking confirmation without delay. 

Overall this was just about the easiest adjustment I have ever made to any RCI/Celebrity booking. Perfect!! 

That is great news Karli. I'm really pleased you were able to get it all sorted out. Time to start planning for your new cruise now! 😄