Cruise With Confidence cancellation policy extended

frugaltravel

On 6/4/2020 at 6:24 PM, frugaltravel said:

No surprise.

NEW: Cruise with Confidence Cancellation Policy Extended

Effective immediately, our existing Cruise with Confidence policies are now extended to all cruises departing April 30, 2021 or earlier. Here are the details:

• Guests can cancel up to 30 days before their sailing date and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for any cancellation fees and a refund of additional funds received to the original payment method.
  • Based on demand from your clients to delay making their Final Payment, we will continue with our policy to allow Final Payment 60 days prior to departure.
  • No fees assessed prior to 60 days, and all deposits are refundable.
  • This change applies to new and existing bookings made by the Final Payment date (60 days prior to departure) on cruises and cruisetours.
  • Beginning with cruises departing May 1st, 2021 the final payment date returns to our published policy.

So, why is this called 'cruise with confidence'?

It's doesn't involve anything to make me feel safe while on a cruise.

Nothing about increased cleaning, fewer passengers, etc.   ... or things princess could

do to help passengers cruise with confidence.

It should be called 'purchase with confidence', or 'cancel with confidence' ...

It clearly can't be called 'refund with confidence', as there is a current 3000+

post from folks who don't hold that opinion...

Edited by Roberto256

2 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Nothing about increased cleaning, fewer passengers, etc.   ... or things princess could

It clearly can't be called 'refund with confidence', as there is a current 3000+

The Cruise With Confidence web page has detailed information about enhanced procedures to protect the health of passengers and crew during all phases of pre boarding, embarkation and while onboard.  See the web page here:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/keeping-you-safe-and-healthy/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Are you booked with TA or Princess?  Where on your travel summary do you see the final payment date?  We've booked with a TA and can't find anything about a final payment date on our travel summary for  our cruises booked between Feb 2021 and April 2021.

If you booked through a TA, the TA has that information.  On the payments page there will be a note to contact your TA for payment information for the cruise fare.  The page will only show any payments made directly on the website.  (i.e. specialty dining, in room wine, prepaid gratuities etc...)

2 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

The complete Cruise With Confidence policy contains 3 sections.  1.  Your Health Is Our Priority  2.  Making It Easier To Change Plans   3.  Protecting Your Cruise Investment.   Each section also has FAQs

Section 2 covers the new cancellation policy for cruises before 30 April 2021.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

The Cruise With Confidence web page has detailed information about enhanced procedures to protect the health of passengers and crew during all phases of pre boarding, embarkation and while onboard. 

Princess couldn't even prevent outbreaks of noro-virus ... to the extent that from time-to-time,

they had to cancel or shorten sailings for deep cleaning.

Covid-19 is probably only 1 billion times more infectious...

(I know there are people here who live to fact check posts ... my use of '1 billion' is hyperbole, not scientifically exact)

4 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Princess couldn't even prevent outbreaks of noro-virus ... to the extent that from time-to-time,

they had to cancel or shorten sailings for deep cleaning.

Where does the outbreak come from? Do we, as passengers in general,  bear any responsibility for this? How many times have you seen pax walk right into the dining rooms without using sanitizer? I've even seen them leave toilets without washing!! Are we, as people, going to do better in the future? I doubt it given our reluctance to comply on land. Masks are mandatory here unless running outside. Yet at the dog park yesterday I was the ONLY one with one on. Less than 1/2 wore them at demonstrations. 'Door monitors' trying to turn people away for refusing to wear a mask inside stores are increasingly having to call security. 

What I'm clumsily saying is that we pax will bear a major responsibility to combat viruses (Covid-19 won't be the last one I come across in my lifetime)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Where does the outbreak come from? Do we, as passengers in general,  bear any responsibility for this? How many times have you seen pax walk right into the dining rooms without using sanitizer? I've even seen them leave toilets without washing!! Are we, as people, going to do better in the future? I doubt it given our reluctance to comply on land. Masks are mandatory here unless running outside. Yet at the dog park yesterday I was the ONLY one with one on. Less than 1/2 wore them at demonstrations. 'Door monitors' trying to turn people away for refusing to wear a mask inside stores are increasingly having to call security. 

What I'm clumsily saying is that we pax will bear a major responsibility to combat viruses (Covid-19 won't be the last one I come across in my lifetime)

So true.  I cringe when I see people walk into the buffet or dining rooms without washing their hands or using sanitizer.  The best excuse is "I'm just walking through" and you see them stop to eat or "I washed in my room".    Princess should have a wash/sanitize rule before entering and enforce it.

4 hours ago, dog said:

Booked with Princess. In Personalizer on Princess website log in to your account. Go to travel summary. Payments. Yours might say any changes are made through TA. 
mine shows what I paid and what I owe with a new final payment date of 60 days. Last week it was 90 days, so updates are just starting. 

Since we always use a TA, we have never seen any payment info in our Personalizer.  There is the standard short sentence to ask your TA for details but was hoping maybe something had been added to the travel summary about the new cancel by date.

2 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Princess should have a wash/sanitize rule before entering and enforce it.

Therein lies the rub: Princess has a corporate culture of divergent policies and enforcement caused by a lack of supervision providing quality control.  One time you walk into the buffet and there is somebody requesting everyone to pause and wash their hands and at other times there is either nobody there or the crew member is just remaining mute as PAX walk by.

On a NCL cruise I took there was a very pleasant crewmember always at the buffet entrance saying "washy, washy" and had a spray bottle of hand sanitizer that would be sprayed on each persons hands when they entered.

4 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Since we always use a TA, we have never seen any payment info in our Personalizer.  There is the standard short sentence to ask your TA for details but was hoping maybe something had been added to the travel summary about the new cancel by date.

You can call Princess and ask the phone rep to look up your final payment date.  I just called and found that they still have mine at 120 days out.  At that point, it was like talking to the wall when I asked for that date to be changed to the current policy...😖

10 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

lack of supervision providing quality control. 

23 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

enforce it.

Perhaps a new task for security personnel? Sanitizer or no entry? NO EXCEPTIONS It's a sad day when you need someone to heavy hand enforce it 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

If you want to see what is in the booking, it shows if you have an EZ-Air booking - just go into Travel tab and dig into the flight details.  If you don't have a flight, book one and it will tell you the payment due dates.  You can than cancel it right away (just book Flexible air).

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If you want to see what is in the booking, it shows if you have an EZ-Air booking - just go into Travel tab and dig into the flight details.  If you don't have a flight, book one and it will tell you the payment due dates.  You can than cancel it right away (just book Flexible air).

I know that you can see the final pay date (usually around 45 days out)   for EZair under the travel tab but was asking if the new final pay date for cruises before 30 April 2021 was listed somewhere in the Personalizer.   Guess it isn't so will just check with TA closer to pay date listed on our confirmation.

2 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I know that you can see the final pay date (usually around 45 days out)   for EZair under the travel tab but was asking if the new final pay date for cruises before 30 April 2021 was listed somewhere in the Personalizer.   Guess it isn't so will just check with TA closer to pay date listed on our confirmation.

It tells you both dates.

Booked with a Big Box TA for a February cruise.  Called yesterday and the gentleman I talked to was aware of the new cancellation policy and changed my final payment date.  Received a new invoice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It tells you both dates.

In all our cruises using EZair, I have never noticed (paid attention to) that little sentence about final payment date.  For sure, see the "big" numbers for total flight cost but nothing else.  Have always  used the date on booking confirmation to mark on my calendar.  So thanks for this tip.  Checked out the only booking with EZair and It did have the new 60 days out date.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, franktown said:

Booked with a Big Box TA for a February cruise.  Called yesterday and the gentleman I talked to was aware of the new cancellation policy and changed my final payment date.  Received a new invoice.

Who did you call, Princess or your TA?  Thanks.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:01 AM, voljeep said:

my cruise personalizer is still showing the old policy, in our case 75 days ( short cruise ) … if I go thru a dummy booking all the way is shows 60 days final deposit date

ok, updated as of today to the 60 day due date

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 9:23 AM, Daniel A said:

You can call Princess and ask the phone rep to look up your final payment date.  I just called and found that they still have mine at 120 days out.  At that point, it was like talking to the wall when I asked for that date to be changed to the current policy...😖

On the same day I posted this, my final payment date got revised to the 60 days out final payment.  😃😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

On the same day I posted this, my final payment date got revised to the 60 days out final payment.  😃😃

How did you see the new, revised date?  Originally they made the change for cruises through April (I think it was April) but I don't think I ever saw an "official" statement about later cruises. We have November/December cruises that are 99.999999999% certain to be cancelled. The one departing on November 10 shows a final payment date of August 12  which is 90 days. I "thought" they were changing this for all cruises this year but would like to see something to verify that thought.