Let's talk FOOD!

Scratchrat

12 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

On Monday, I pan fried pigs liver in butter which had covered in plain flour, and seasoned with pepper.

With this I added dried cured back bacon, peas, potato mash for me carrot and swede mash incorporating french mustard for OH  and covered both plates, with onions fried in butter.

Today we had asparagus on a bed of local ham with a soft poached egg.

This was followed by oven baked Le Rustique Camembert, which I topped with basil infused olive oil, and a mash of garlic cloves a little bit of fresh chilli, and a few baby tomatoes to which I added a small spoonful of gooseberries from the garden, topped and tailed and cooked this morning, with this I served carrot and celery batons and homemade garlic bread.

This was followed by baked potatoes with prawns and homemade rosemary sauce.

Followed by gooseberries and Cornish vanilla ice cream.

All washed down with a bottle of french red, a bottle of Romanian white and a liqueur coffee french of coarse

Day 101 in lock down, volunteers have been life saving.

This is the life!

We had a bottle of very cold dry white with the liver

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Watch out

Vamps will have us all round to yours tomorrow 🙂

Had to step up to the plate over 20 years ago, processed food not good for OH, so had to learn quickly.

Found that I have some sort of skills,which were unknown to me, have friends who love to dine with us.

Currently have on the stove the Asparagus stalks from today' lunch, chopped up and added to the water from the earlier cooking. Added vegetable stock and will boil until the stalks are soft. Will then mash in the same pan with my potato masher and then add Stilton cheese and some black pepper, And finally just before serving will add a dollop of clotted cream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mercury7289 said:

Had to step up to the plate over 20 years ago, processed food not good for OH, so had to learn quickly.

Found that I have some sort of skills,which were unknown to me, have friends who love to dine with us.

Currently have on the stove the Asparagus stalks from today' lunch, chopped up and added to the water from the earlier cooking. Added vegetable stock and will boil until the stalks are soft. Will then mash in the same pan with my potato masher and then add Stilton cheese and some black pepper, And finally just before serving will add a dollop of clotted cream.

Processed food not good for you but Stilton cheese and clotted cream is 😁

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

I'm gonna start a petition to get rid of James Martin and stick you on the telly in your garden.Phil and Holly would love the liver and white wine.I would cos I don't drink red anyway,lol.

50 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I'm gonna start a petition to get rid of James Martin and stick you on the telly in your garden.Phil and Holly would love the liver and white wine.I would cos I don't drink red anyway,lol.

My mate Hanibal says it has to be a nice Chianti with liver and some 'Father' beans, whatever they are? 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

My mate Hanibal says it has to be a nice Chianti with liver and some 'Father' beans, whatever they are? 

Andy 

I think you mean "Fava" beans - similar to broad beans.

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

That mask should be in fashion now,lol.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think you mean "Fava" beans - similar to broad beans.

When they're in season they sell them by the lorry load here.Everyone eats them raw in the bars,for a snack.

13 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Processed food not good for you but Stilton cheese and clotted cream is 😁

A little of what you fancy does you good. Cheese and cream or in fact any dairy is not what's classed as processed foods.

Avril 

20 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Jean

That is pure rubbish!

Very Sorry

Oh it was nothing to do with being correct or anything, just the thought of it.  I don't eat it very often, but when I do I would drink red.  For me white just doesn't go with it.  Bit like red with fish, although I think the Queen Mother used to have red with fish.

We went on a talk by Ollie Smith (wine expert) on Azura maiden voyage and he said there is a lot of snobbery about wines and what you should drink with what food. He said at the end of the day it is your money and you purchase what you like not want tradition says you should buy. You should drink wine to enjoy it not what custom says i.e. white with fish and red with red meats. We only drink one white wine Gruner Veltliner and that is rare on most wine lists so its red for us every time whatever the meal whether it be fish or meat.

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

What's for dinner then? 

Andy 

Tonights  Cookery lesson night :classic_biggrin:

Please bring your own drinks ,wines red or white ,fizzy or still ,beers ,lager fizzy drinks and water flavored or not .

Drink as much as you like as you follow how to make this British classic 

https://youtu.be/T1AKG3gkOF8     Bon appetit  :classic_cool::classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

What's for dinner then? 

Andy 

We had mushroom risotto and salad with fresh basil leaves in the salad. Then fat free Greek yoghurt with honey. No wine, that's for our weekend treat

Avril 

• Like 1