Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

20 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

We love Murano.  The rest are only okay.

I had dinner at Muranos once while on a Baltic cruise in the summer of 2016 on a 12 night sailing. Had their pork tenderloins which were dry and overcooked.  Did not pay a lot so not a big deal but still a waste of time and money.  For me the food and service have to be exceptional.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I had dinner at Muranos once while on a Baltic cruise in the summer of 2016 on a 12 night sailing. Had their pork tenderloins which were dry and overcooked.  Did not pay a lot so not a big deal but still a waste of time and money.  For me the food and service have to be exceptional.  

so 6 years ago you had 1 meal that was dry...

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

So what's your point?

I think the point being made is that one meal being dry could have been a one off. 

I have to say I don’t recall many exceptional meals at specialty restaurants on Celebrity. I have had mostly very good meals. Pork Tenderloin I would never order. They tend to do better with Beef Tenderloin or steaks.  The specialty restaurants are better than the MDR. Many times had to ask for something else on the menu in the MDR.  Never felt the need to ask for something else in the specialty restaurants. The service is a lot better in the specialty restaurants. I do a specialty restaurant at least once for a break from the MDR. Twice on a long sailing.  It is also a way to use OBC.  

I never book a Celebrity specialty restaurant at the the standard cover charge. Staff from those restaurants are often hanging out outside the buffet trying to get reservations.  We negotiate a better price with them. 

Edited by Charles4515

Just now, cruisestitch said:

Now back to the Power Up points, any predictions for a new opportunity tomorrow?  They often come out on Wednesday.

Maybe the 1st or 2nd Wednesday in January --  Don't they only do one a month? 

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Maybe the 1st or 2nd Wednesday in January --  Don't they only do one a month? 

The last one was last Tuesday the 20th; can't remember anything prior to that date perhaps I was not getting them. 

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I think the point being made is that one meal being dry could have been a one off. 

I have to say I don’t recall many exceptional meals at specialty restaurants on Celebrity. I have had mostly very good meals. Pork Tenderloin I would never order. They tend to do better with Beef Tenderloin or steaks.  The specialty restaurants are better than the MDR. Many times had to ask for something else on the menu in the MDR.  The service is a lot better in the specialty restaurants. I do a specialty restaurant at least once for a break from the MDR. Twice on a long sailing.  It is also a way to use OBC.  

I never book a Celebrity specialty restaurant at the the standard cover charge. Staff from those restaurants are often hanging out outside the buffet trying to get reservations.  We negotiate a better price with them. 

I remember years ago when the specialty restaurants needed the bookings they would offer very generous discounts.  On my recent Equinox sailing the best they'd give is 10% plus gratuities.  Whenever DH and I go out to land based restaurants (he no longer cruises) we're always disappointed as I can make better meals at home obviously at a fraction of the cost. 

For PUP's, can anyone help refresh my memory please?  Did they not have some sort of a "gift box" that you clicked on last year that gave you a New Year's present of a bonus point (or two or three??).  Or maybe it was for another holiday/special occasion, but I'm sure I remember something like this at some point and thinking it was New Year's?

Edited by Reel Love

22 minutes ago, Reel Love said:

For PUP's, can anyone help refresh my memory please?  Did they not have some sort of a "gift box" that you clicked on last year that gave you a New Year's present of a bonus point (or two or three??).  Or maybe it was for another holiday/special occasion, but I'm sure I remember something like this at some point and thinking it was New Year's?

1st week of January 2022 everyone received a gift, when opened, was worth 20 PUPs (2 Club Points).

pip.jpeg.png.e40569aef1e565f1f7d7445dd90

• Like 1

Just now, TMLAalum said:

If Celebrity really loves us loyal cruisers, we'll get a gift again this year!

If Celebrity really loves DH & me, ours will be worth 50 PUPs since we need just 5 points to reach Elite+ by 2/27!

Did you watch the video that is linked earlier in the thread about the 2024 itineraries? That's 5 right there.

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Did you watch the video that is linked earlier in the thread about the 2024 itineraries? That's 5 right there.

Yes, and we are counting on those 5 points to bring us to 745! So just 5 more needed by our next cruise!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If you're short just a few points for your next cruise they may work something out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

If you're short just a few points for your next cruise they may work something out. 

Yep!  I was 7 points away from Elite last July 4th, when I called to upgrade our beverage package for our February 2023 cruise.  They gave me the Elite discount, which was great!  

With this month's webinar, I should be at 301 points, which I pray is granted January 14th.  Looking forward to Elite benefits this cruise and Diamond benefits on RC when we cruise in May! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

They gave me the Elite discount, which was great!  

Good for you. If you don't ask you don't get.   I was short 72 points which were added last week due to solo in cabin. I've found another 20 missing from a cruise last year plus 5 from the webinar which should be added shortly.  Just under 750 to make Elite plus by my April TA. 

9 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Wow.  You must keep all of the Celebrity emails.

Or I found it on this thread.  Two observations when you scroll back:

1. The Cruise Critic members that were unimpressed with the 20 PUP gift last Jan were folks who were Elite Plus. Based on their remarks, I deduced they wanted a gift worth around 20,000 PUPs. 

2.  From what I could tell, there was no gift sent out in Jan 2021.  Maybe we were all naughty in 2020. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, tkere said:

I have not received a power point email since August 2022.  I tried emailing them and resigning up (but it says I am already registered).  Any advise?

Call captains club engagement centre and make sure you are opted in to receiving PUP's offers.