Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

3 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

If you're a point from Elite, they're worth, maybe, a little...

For a lot of us, they are virtually worthless...

I am Elite plus...but, even after my currently booked cruises, I'll still be just over 1,500 points from Zenith!  So picking up a handfull of PUP points is like getting a Fifty Cents Off coupon towards the purchase of a Mercedes Benz...

But, for the rest of you, what does making it to "the next level" really mean?  With All-inclusive pricing, the only real perk you get is a bag of laundry.   Even without AI, the proliferation of Elite members has already caused Celebrity to do away with the Elite Lounge...So, if you can get a server to take your order in an overcrowded bar (and not the MDR if you eat dinner in that time frame), you  may get a free $10 drink or two...Oh, just not on the first night...

As far as cruising other lines?  May be well worth it.  We just came thisclose to booking a cruise on Princess.  For about $60 extra per person per night, they were offering a Premium drink package ($20 per drink limit), 4 device wifi, gratuities and two free specialty restaurant nights per person.  Pricing blew away the AI pricing on Celebrity for same length cruise...and with better perks.  If I get very limited Captains Club perks or very high premiums for AI on Celebrity, it makes Princess all that much more attractive.

many of us will not ever pay extra for all incl.  because it is not! There is a huge fee added on so my drinks from 5to 7, my laundry and my 240 mins wifi  and my cafe bacio is enough to complete what I need for a cruise .. so very valuable

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

many of us will not ever pay extra for all incl.  because it is not! There is a huge fee added on so my drinks from 5to 7, my laundry and my 240 mins wifi  and my cafe bacio is enough to complete what I need for a cruise .. so very valuable

And, if I don't want to pay for all-inclusive, I can also cruise Royal Caribbean and for my Diamond Plus status, I get 5 free drink vouchers per day, usable ALL DAY (and since my wife doessn't drink that much, I get some of hers too), a free bottle of wine in the cabin plus half a dozen free bottles of water, one bag of laundry each, two full 24 hour periods of wifi each (and can use each others' log-ons) and a Diamond Club with great service, appetizers in the evening and a 24 hour free cappuccino/espresso/latte machine....  The point remains that, even at its most advantageous, Captains Club benefits have gone downhill and those points really aren't worth chasing.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

I feel the same.  The 5 to 7 HH drinks work for me and just before 7 pm I'll top up my wine; sometimes the pour is a premium one depending on bartender.  240 minutes of wifi is enough plus you can always log on while in port.   Even though the AI includes gratuities its still not worth it IMO. 

3 hours ago, keesar said:

I am wondering how much a Power Up Point may actually be worth.  In the airline frequent flier programs,  it has been estimated that each point or mile is worth a little over 1 cent.

Enough airline miles can be used to book free flights, but not to acquire status as can Power Up Points.  A better comparison would be a PUP point to an American Airlines Loyalty Point that can be used to build status.  But then Celebrity points (and those of other cruise lines) win hands down because airline status expires at the end of each year.  Cruise Line status lasts forever, or as in the case of Azamara, until the cruise line "upgrades" its IT system and loses its passengers' information.

6 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

I would take a few additional points. 

After my 3 booked cruises I will still be 126 points shy of Elite+.

😄

We are further away than you. I must confess I don't really know how points for cruises are calculated, just that I need more!

6 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

I would take a few additional points. 

After my 3 booked cruises I will still be 126 points shy of Elite+.

😄

I sail as a solo so double points earned…after 4 upcoming cruises, I’ll still be about 150 points short of Elite +. There has to be an easier way to get free laundry! 😱

46 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I sail as a solo so double points earned…after 4 upcoming cruises, I’ll still be about 150 points short of Elite +. There has to be an easier way to get free laundry! 😱

Easier, but not cheaper - some suites include free laundry.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Blueseas109 said:

First time sailing on Celebrity. Three week post cruise and points have not posted. We. Sailed AQ on Summit. Is this normal? I sent an email but didn’t receive any response.

Call Captains Club at 800-760-0654 

1 minute ago, mahasamatman said:

PowerUp points convert at 10:1, so you'd only have 300 actual Captain's Club points.

Well, we're equally likely to get 100 points per page as ten, so either way, is the same.  🙂

Harris

Denver, CO

14 hours ago, Blueseas109 said:

First time sailing on Celebrity. Three week post cruise and points have not posted. We. Sailed AQ on Summit. Is this normal? I sent an email but didn’t receive any response.

You don’t get PowerUp points for sailing, You get Captains Club points.  Be sure to ask for the right thing when you call.

• Like 1

We no longer consider the AI offers.  We get the drinks, the laundry, the internet minutes and that is basically what we use from our Elite + status.  Celebrity has lessen the value of their Captain's Club program which is a shame and a lesson learned at the same time.

We do like and use the drinks credits, will take advantage of the laundry and maybe use some minutes.  Last cruise did not use any of our Elite + internet minutes.

23 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

We no longer consider the AI offers.  We get the drinks, the laundry, the internet minutes and that is basically what we use from our Elite + status.  Celebrity has lessen the value of their Captain's Club program which is a shame and a lesson learned at the same time.

We do like and use the drinks credits, will take advantage of the laundry and maybe use some minutes.  Last cruise did not use any of our Elite + internet minutes.

But are you still doing PowerUp?

• Like 1