Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

20 minutes ago, poffles said:

I was just going to say this myself!  My idea of AI does not include WiFi .. I'll take drinks and grats please.  I would never want WiFi over grats.

All this said, 'AI" costs are just added or embedded anyway so it all ends up a wash (if not a loss.)

I've had AI twice when it made financial sense. Now that I'm Elite plus the 240 minutes of wifi is enough.  If I want a special drink from a bar I just pay for it.  Still come out ahead.

• Like 1

I just got through watching the webinar with the lousy wi-fi that I have in my hotel room.  I was impressed with the questions that were asked.  A few answers lacked candor.  Still I thought it was worth watching for the three points.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I just got through watching the webinar with the lousy wi-fi that I have in my hotel room.  I was impressed with the questions that were asked.  A few answers lacked candor.  Still I thought it was worth watching for the three points.

At least they did take on some direct questions and concerns.  I'll give them a few Power Up Points for that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I thought they did a pretty nice job on this.  First off, it's the first Celebrity webinar that worked properly from a technical perspective.  And I could watch it on my MacBook without the video fading from dark to light to dark every few seconds, so that's a big improvement.

Laura seems like a sharp lady.  Very upbeat, perky, and focused.  Quite likable, actually.  Although I probably would’ve pegged her as more of a chocolate person rather than a cheese person.  As a former police officer, I also appreciate this about her as well...

"Hodges Bethge is active in her community and serves on the board of Easterseals, a nonprofit dedicated to enriching the lives of people and families with disabilities. She also supports efforts aiding the Police Officer Assistance Trust (POAT), a nonprofit organization that assists officers and their families in times of need."

The questions and answers were pretty good, although I would have preferred to see them address the deterioration in food quality/mashed potatoes for all situation more directly.  In my mind, that’s one of the biggest issues, i.e. the fact that they are advertising their Michelin-starred chef, but serving food of a lower quality, akin to Golden Corral, in some cases.  The thin, fatty sirloin steaks I had a couple of weeks ago on Infinity were an embarrassment, and literally the type of food that I would expect from a cafeteria.

I'm getting close to Elite, so the points are appreciated and it's good to know that the Power Up Points program will continue.

Yeah,  I really liked the seminar not fading in and out and it seemed to be of a better quality production.

I liked, concept without any meat on it yet, doing some combining of loyalty systems, maybe adding some traditional balconies ( DW and I are not always on same schedule as Laura mention), We will make Diamond Plus  on Royal in 2025 based, so that figures.

I will hope for some more live music like HAL Rotterdam has nightly.  

Good luck on your quest for Elite tier status.  We are Elite Plus and it is nice, so have some great cruises as you move up tiers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Yeah,  I really liked the seminar not fading in and out and it seemed to be of a better quality production.

I liked, concept without any meat on it yet, doing some combining of loyalty systems, maybe adding some traditional balconies ( DW and I are not always on same schedule as Laura mention), We will make Diamond Plus  on Royal in 2025 based, so that figures.

I will hope for some more live music like HAL Rotterdam has nightly.  

Good luck on your quest for Elite tier status.  We are Elite Plus and it is nice, so have some great cruises as you move up tiers.

I doubt I'll live long enough to get to Elite Plus, unless they really start cranking out the PUPs, lol.

15 minutes ago, sofmall said:

I registered and watched the webinar, which I found quite interesting. I thought there'd be something to click at the end to lock in our points but there wasn't; it just said the webinar has ended.

So how do I claim my points? 

They will show up in your Celebrity account right around the 14th of next month (the 15th for you). 

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

They will show up in your Celebrity account right around the 14th of next month (the 15th for you). 

Thank you! I expected a clickable link to lock it in, but I guess it's the registering that automatically did it? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I thought they did a pretty nice job on this.  First off, it's the first Celebrity webinar that worked properly from a technical perspective.  And I could watch it on my MacBook without the video fading from dark to light to dark every few seconds, so that's a big improvement.

Laura seems like a sharp lady.  Very upbeat, perky, and focused.  Quite likable, actually.  Although I probably would’ve pegged her as more of a chocolate person rather than a cheese person.  As a former police officer, I also appreciate this about her as well...

"Hodges Bethge is active in her community and serves on the board of Easterseals, a nonprofit dedicated to enriching the lives of people and families with disabilities. She also supports efforts aiding the Police Officer Assistance Trust (POAT), a nonprofit organization that assists officers and their families in times of need."

The questions and answers were pretty good, although I would have preferred to see them address the deterioration in food quality/mashed potatoes for all situation more directly.  In my mind, that’s one of the biggest issues, i.e. the fact that they are advertising their Michelin-starred chef, but serving food of a lower quality, akin to Golden Corral, in some cases.  The thin, fatty sirloin steaks I had a couple of weeks ago on Infinity were an embarrassment, and literally the type of food that I would expect from a cafeteria.

I'm getting close to Elite, so the points are appreciated and it's good to know that the Power Up Points program will continue.

I'm glad you got the opportunity to watch the webinar but I won't rest easy until I know you got the points.

Did Laura get the host's name wrong towards the end of the webinar?  It sounded like Laura called the host Deandra who is someone that retired a few weeks after Laura.  The video interface didn't have the ability to go back, so I haven't been able to check.

5 hours ago, sofmall said:

Thank you! I expected a clickable link to lock it in, but I guess it's the registering that automatically did it? 

Take a screenshot when it has ended, then if you don’t get the points you can use that as proof that you watched.

I did that last time and my points were added the following month.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, peterde said:

I was going to do the drinking game everytime she said “our most loyal customers” but I’m afraid I was going to give myself alcohol poisoning. All kidding aside I think she did fairly well. She’s acknowledging some serious first missteps. I just hope she learns from them and remembers communications is key prior to any changes.

I'd say the same for 'we heard you loud & clear'.  The real question now is...what will she/they do over the next 6 months?  Was this a marketing gimmick or a real acknowledgement that they've 'heard' us.

• Like 1

I feel like I need to figure out a way to watch. I started the webinar, then my dad and hubby arrived (Dad was dropping Hubby off after a golf-buddy's funeral). I stepped outside to say "I love you,"  but Dad was unusually chatty. With us traveling more than we are home, I don't miss opportunities to chat with my 82 year-old dad. The webinar was over by the time I got back to the computer. I didn't worry about it, as they usually are nothing to write home about, but I'm intrigued by what the folks who watched have to say about it. 

25 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

So I forget how to look up the history of the power up points I have. Can someone refresh my memory where I can see it? Thanks

Click on your name in the upper right corner.

Click on "My Tier and Points"

Scroll down to "My Cruises and Points."

Click on "Points History."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was disappointed in the webinar.She would make a wonderful politician, was very upbeat, probably had time to rehearse her answers but she avoided the one big area of concern the Food downgrading in the main dining room. ' m not just writing about the extra charges, its just the menu in general removing many of the favorites from the menu.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Cap_D said:

Did Laura get the host's name wrong towards the end of the webinar?  It sounded like Laura called the host Deandra who is someone that retired a few weeks after Laura.  The video interface didn't have the ability to go back, so I haven't been able to check.

That would be a very nice feature to go back and hear something you many have missed and want to clarify.  

18 hours ago, mahdnc said:

At least she admitted that the IV balconies were a polarizing feature and not a good fit for some cruisers.  She indicated the next E-class ship should address that issue.  It will be interesting to see what they will do.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Meekos7 said:

I was disappointed in the webinar.She would make a wonderful politician, was very upbeat, probably had time to rehearse her answers but she avoided the one big area of concern the Food downgrading in the main dining room. ' m not just writing about the extra charges, its just the menu in general removing many of the favorites from the menu.

She seemed very polish, but I thought too that she addressed your issue with removing 'favorites' from the menu.  Do not plan to listen to it again though for specifics.

It did sound like they were doing  some adjustments inside the tiers in that they may provide some benefit once you have reached for example 1250 points in Elite Plus without creating a new tier which Laura indicated they have no plans to do. They actually already do this.

Also I like the idea of some form of combining/credit for sailing a 'sister' companies ship.  They already do it up to Elite and Diamond levels, but not beyond that, thus currently you have to earn Elite Plus and Diamond Plus on each line.  We are taking our granddaughter on a couple of Royal Caribbean cruises and it would be nice to get some credit for that on Celebrity as we are 22 points from Diamond Plus and have 17 days schedule (a day sailed = a point towards next tier).  Still have no thought of making the highest tiers on either Royal or Celebrity. Absent any changes, we will make Diamond Plus in 2025.