August cruises going to be cancelled?

There's an unsubstantiated rumor that Navigator and Symphony both pulled into Miami this morning as part of something that RCCL intends to announce this week.    I'll believe it when I see it.

Navigator and Symphony appear to be docked in the Port of Miami per CruiseMapper. Don’t know that means anything. They could just be getting supplies / fuel.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Navigator and Symphony appear to be docked in the Port of Miami per CruiseMapper. Don’t know that means anything. They could just be getting supplies / fuel.

Navigator was only in Miami on Monday

35 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Or maybe to collect more final payments...........

And more bookings. Be optimistic, drive people to make bookings to bring in cash and help support the stock.

1 hour ago, atricks said:

There's an unsubstantiated rumor that Navigator and Symphony both pulled into Miami this morning as part of something that RCCL intends to announce this week.    I'll believe it when I see it.

wonder if there is something behind this rumour 

2 hours ago, atricks said:

Not unsubstantiated....Marine traffic shows both of them in port of Miami....as does Biker's live post.  Not hard to check it.  

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Expect Alaska ports to be still closed in September.

Where would the cruise ships come from and go to?  Canada is closed to any cruise ship over 500 pax until November.  With PVSA rule...really doesn't matter if they are closed or open.   

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, JT1962 said:

Ships, until recently...had been coming in and out of PC on a regular basis...then many of them cruised down to Barbados to off load crew.  

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I would think that once one cruise line cancels they all will.  One sail we all sail or One don't sail, we all don't sail😇

No one wants to be the first one with these passengers:

Where and how to eat guinea pig, or cuy, in Lima and rural Peru

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

There was a rumor that Navigator would be first to sail, at end of August, then Mariner would start early September. I do not believe this will happen. 

I would have figured the Oasis class would offer better economics, social distancing, and be better destinations 

22 minutes ago, P_and_L said:

I would have figured the Oasis class would offer better economics, social distancing, and be better destinations 

Yes that could be, perhaps Harmony first out of Port Canaveral or Symphony out of PortMiami.  Interesting article about cruise ships and PortMiami.   https://www.miamitodaynews.com/2020/06/17/portmiami-cruise-lines-huddle-as-new-sailings-near/

I am so bored with the cancellation of these cruises

If cruise lines know they are not going to cruise for rest of 2020 and beyond then just cancel them

Its really unfair to get people's hopes up that they will be going and then boom ... they are not going on a cruise.

However i do feel that if cruise lines are cancelling again and again will there actually be a cruise industry to go back to

How can they survive with not cruising for this long is beyond me.

3 hours ago, JT1962 said:

No idea of their rationale. That is just what they have posted on their website.

No chance of going if Canadian ports remain shut. No determination yet if they will still be closed in September. I think they are going for the cash grab on this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Not unsubstantiated....Marine traffic shows both of them in port of Miami....as does Biker's live post.  Not hard to check it.  

I think the announcement part is the real rumor/speculation, not the ships being in Miami at the moment.   Although using the backdrop of those two would be good (Navigator seems to be the "model ship" for the Amp program, and Symphony is the newest oasis class)

Edited by atricks

30 minutes ago, fandash said:

I am so bored with the cancellation of these cruises

If cruise lines know they are not going to cruise for rest of 2020 and beyond then just cancel them

Its really unfair to get people's hopes up that they will be going and then boom ... they are not going on a cruise.

However i do feel that if cruise lines are cancelling again and again will there actually be a cruise industry to go back to

How can they survive with not cruising for this long is beyond me.

What? And lose their cash flow?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, atricks said:

I think the announcement part is the real rumor/speculation, not the ships being in Miami at the moment.   Although using the backdrop of those two would be good (Navigator seems to be the "model ship" for the Amp program, and Symphony is the newest oasis class)

Just pulled up webcam for POM.  Navigator currently working her way out the channel back to sea...Symphony sitting at the pier.  Quite a few cruise ships in there right now.  

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, BLAMBKY said:

You could ask for an extension. 

Thanks.  🙂 

I don't think they are doing that...and did not bother to try.  One of these days something will stick.  😉 

Edited by island lady