August cruises going to be cancelled?

I honestly think no one know when cruising will resume, at least in the US market. That’s probably one reason why they are only canceling several weeks worth of cruises at a time. Given the timing, I also have a feeling that they are only canceling several weeks at a time because if they cancel the entire summer, can you imagine how busy the phone lines would be to get everything rebooked? It’s already bad enough with the current cancelation, I can’t imagine how much harder it would be to get through on the phone if they canceled several months at the same time. I think it’s being spread out intentionally to keep the phone lines some what manageable. I think the US will be one of the last market to start up. I’m just hoping I’m wrong because I would very much like to go on another cruise. 

9 hours ago, little britain said:

I read it as August 1st?

TUI has announced it won't relaunch its holiday services until 10 July 2020, while all of its Marella Cruises have also been placed on hold until 30 July.

BBC this morning was showing 1July

12 minutes ago, krazy_dave said:

Cruise executives are supposed to be meeting with the CDC this week. I highly suspect August is going to be another month of cancellations 

They met last Thursday, is this another meeting?  Apparently not much was discussed last week as far as I can find online.  Just crew repatriation and color coding the ships

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

They met last Thursday, is this another meeting?  Apparently not much was discussed last week as far as I can find online.  Just crew repatriation and color coding the ships

Maybe, I thought I saw where there was going to be a meeting this Thursday. 

12 hours ago, krazy_dave said:

Cruise executives are supposed to be meeting with the CDC this week. I highly suspect August is going to be another month of cancellations 

Just to be clear, CDC only has authority over cruises from the USA

Due to sail FOS on Aug 2nd out of San Juan. Logged in there to check final payment and it was due on June 6th. Never got an email or any communication about it. Seems unusual. Option still there to pay but Ill be holding off.

Norwegian announced yesterday that all cruises were canceled through September with the exception of September Alaska cruises from Seattle. I expect the other lines will have similar announcements in the next few weeks

There's an unsubstantiated rumor that Navigator and Symphony both pulled into Miami this morning as part of something that RCCL intends to announce this week.    I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by atricks

2 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Norwegian announced yesterday that all cruises were canceled through September with the exception of September Alaska cruises from Seattle. I expect the other lines will have similar announcements in the next few weeks

rationale of only US ports for Alaska sailings?

59 minutes ago, atricks said:

There's an unsubstantiated rumor that Navigator and Symphony both pulled into Miami this morning as part of something that RCCL intends to announce this week.    I'll believe it when I see it.

There was a rumor that Navigator would be first to sail, at end of August, then Mariner would start early September. I do not believe this will happen.