L & S only for 4wks after org cruise date?

5 minutes ago, Jeannie333333 said:

4 weeks before and 4 weeks after - so an 8 week period.... e.g. original cruise 1st August - can change to cruise in between 1st July and 1st September 🙂 

We still have no clue if they'll sail real conv. for flight planning. 

Just now, Justmekaren918 said:

We still have no clue if they'll sail real conv. for flight planning. 

Remember, it's a YEAR from now.  So a year from your original sail date, plus or minus 4 weeks.  So if you have a Sept 1 2020 cruise, you'd lift and shift to Sept 1 2021 or the 4 weeks before or after that.  Must be same itinerary, same amount of nights, same room category.  It is not 4 weeks from the date of your current 2020 sailing.   

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Just trying to get my Sept Indy to Feb Indy & ask for sup was hung up on!

ugh, they do have challenges for sure.  Keep in mind you won't be able Lift and Shift from a Sept to Feb cruise.  I think you can move your deposit, but the fares won't be price protected like a Lift and Shift would be.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

Remember, it's a YEAR from now.  So a year from your original sail date, plus or minus 4 weeks.  So if you have a Sept 1 2020 cruise, you'd lift and shift to Sept 1 2021 or the 4 weeks before or after that.  Must be same itinerary, same amount of nights, same room category.  It is not 4 weeks from the date of your current 2020 sailing.   

Not quite so strict on itinerary. We did the L&S Allure to Harmony,  different port stops and arriving in Port Canaveral instead of Miami.  Your other points are correct. We tried to downgrade one category and it was a no go. 

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We tried to downgrade one category and it was a no go. 

All depends on who you get on the phone.  I was able to get my clients downgraded.  Went from a 2D to a 4D balcony....which meant they were able to get one of the aft cabins.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All depends on who you get on the phone.  I was able to get my clients downgraded.  Went from a 2D to a 4D balcony....which meant they were able to get one of the aft cabins.

We did the L&S on a B2B and wanted to make sure we had the same cabin for both legs. Had a 1c dead center on forward hump and the only 1c left was last cabin on edge of hump. Tried to get a 2c on the cabin next to the original and was told no.   You may have a little more pull than our online TA.  Funny thing was there were plenty of cabins on the starboard side but we wanted the sun for the TA back home. 

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We did the L&S on a B2B and wanted to make sure we had the same cabin for both legs. Had a 1c dead center on forward hump and the only 1c left was last cabin on edge of hump. Tried to get a 2c on the cabin next to the original and was told no.   You may have a little more pull than our online TA.  Funny thing was there were plenty of cabins on the starboard side but we wanted the sun for the TA back home. 

Bummer.  You think they would gave as the 1C is a quad cabin while the 2C is a double.

not sure about having any more pull...it was the first rep I talked to, she just asked her supervisor and they said yes right away.  Maybe it never got to a supervisor level with yours.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Royal wouldn't move, because too far off to Sept! Their answer push it too Oct! Pretty pathetic Royal wouldn't honor to move to Feb @ same price!

Royal can't say they'll be sailing in Sept! They can't gart. we can dock back & I doubt they'll have the food or real staff in Sept!

They haven't a gar. we can dock back & go through a process if C-19 is on the ship! I can't go through that! I have a dog & scripts that I need! Bye Royal! l

8 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Royal wouldn't move, because too far off to Sept! Their answer push it too Oct! Pretty pathetic Royal wouldn't honor to move to Feb @ same price!

Royal can't say they'll be sailing in Sept! They can't gart. we can dock back & I doubt they'll have the food or real staff in Sept!

They haven't a gar. we can dock back & go through a process if C-19 is on the ship! I can't go through that! I have a dog & scripts that I need! Bye Royal! l

Not sure I follow why you think that  Royal should create a special policy just for you.

You can cancel and get a 100% FCC that you can use anytime, you can move your funds to another cruise anytime at the going rate or you can lift and shift with The price protected for a sailing 48 to 56 weeks in the future.  Those are the policies and they are pretty generous compared to other cruise lines. 

• Like 3

You would think Royal would do whatever they could to keep their current customers happy.  Their financial position must be more dire than they’re making out, or the exact opposite.  I know what I think.

21 minutes ago, Justmekaren918 said:

The Lift and shift would be for next September plus or minus 4 weeks. You could also move your funds to another cruise date at the current rates, that’s what I did. 

In early May I tried to L&S my July Independence sailing, which is a great 5-day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale that goes to CocoCay and Labadee. It was a Problem because next July there is no matching itinerary on Indy.  Royal finally said I could L&S to a cruise going out of Galveston, but I just kept the cruise and hopefully will get my refund on June 30th. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Justmekaren918 said:

Is this true on L&S only for 4 weeks after org date? For a not yet cancel from C-19

no-lift and shift for one year from now within one month of your original date this year so in other words 8/5/2020 can lift to 7/6/2021-9/4/2021.  anywhere within that time

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bummer.  You think they would gave as the 1C is a quad cabin while the 2C is a double.

not sure about having any more pull...it was the first rep I talked to, she just asked her supervisor and they said yes right away.  Maybe it never got to a supervisor level with yours.  

I had two bookings on the Mariner in quad, corner aft cabins, at excellent prices.  I called within the first hour of the L&S announcement and eventually had the first one switched to a double cabin one deck up, still corner aft.  Great deal, really looking forward to that one.  Later I attempted to do the same with the second one.  I wanted to keep the quad cabin or move one deck up to the double.  No deal that time, and we cancelled.  I might have had better luck if I called back, but I was happy to have the first one and didn’t bother trying.

18 hours ago, RKHOOKER said:

You would think Royal would do whatever they could to keep their current customers happy.  Their financial position must be more dire than they’re making out, or the exact opposite.  I know what I think.

JP Morgan just yesterday moved Royal to a buy with a $72 target. 

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2020 at 12:20 AM, Justmekaren918 said:

Eh? 🤯🤯

On 6/16/2020 at 7:20 PM, Justmekaren918 said:

Several people have tried to explain their policy and give you suggestions. 

-Lift and Shift - Must be one year from current sailing date +/- 4 weeks. Price protected.

-Shift sailing to another date. Price is not protected but they have been waving the change fee.

-Wait for them to cancel and request a refund

If you are concerned with what processes that they are going to follow if Covid breaks out on the ship, none of the companies have provided any info.  I'm sure they are still working out what procedures are needed just to begin sailing and once they can they will provide the information.

Also, if you are concerned about Covid, I would think a L/S a year away would allow more time for health experts to address the virus than one 5 months away from your sail date.  

I'm not saying that RCI has been infallible through this mess but they have provided options that are quite fair in this case.  Sure they are trying to keep bookings instead of sending out refunds but they have to set some rules.  Many people have been able to use L/S to their advantage.  Have you really looked into it to see how it might work for you?

• Like 1