Cruise to include Nashville

I am looking for suggestions for a cruise next summer for my family and I but i would like it to include 2 nights or so in Nashville

We are travelling from Scotland so would also need an overnight or so before cruise somewhere also

I am looking for suggestions of where to sail from and where else would be possible maybe after the cruise  that would absolutely include time in Nashville.

thanks

Lol well that leaves you pretty much wide open. Nashville isnt really close to any port so you would have to fly or drive to a port from there and so most ports are easy to reach. 

Flying in I'd say ft. Lauderdale is easiest. 

Are you renting a car?

Miami and houston (galveston) both have international airports easy to fly into. I personally wouldnt take nyc on.

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

Nashville native here...

It's about a 6 hour drive to New Orleans, 10 hours to Orlando.  14 hours to Miami.

So, just fly to/from the Music City.  🙂

American Airlines has direct flights to MIA from BNA.  Lots of great cruises to chose from out of Port Miami.

• Thanks 1

Wouldnt want to be driving as like to relax for the whole holiday.

So you reckon it would be best to look from Ft Lauderdale.

I have absolutely no idea so thanks for your thoughts

Ill need to look into it more

But i guess we have a lot of time to look into it

I really want to see Nashville so thought it would be good to take it in with a cruise

4 minutes ago, hotwheels920 said:

Nashville native here...

It's about a 6 hour drive to New Orleans, 10 hours to Orlando.  14 hours to Miami.

American Airlines has direct flights to MIA from BNA.  Lots of great cruises to chose from out of Port Miami.

Hello Nashville Native

I will certainly have a look at your suggestions

Thanks so much

We moved to Nashville in July 2018.  Great place.  Lots to do in and around.  Include Ryman (original home of the grand ole opry) and country music hall of fame.  Both downtown in walking distance from each other.   Plenty of hotels in the downtown area. Lots of honky tonks with lots of music in the downtown area.  Opryland,  the new home of the Opry, is a 15 min drive.  Also nearby is the Hermitage, Andrew Jackson's home.  You should know it could be hot and humid in August.   Enjoy your travels.   Let me know if any other questions. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hotwheels920 said:

Nashville native here...

I believe JetBlue and southwest fly from Ft. Lauderdale. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We moved to Nashville in July 2018.  Great place.  Lots to do in and around.  Include Ryman (original home of the grand ole opry) and country music hall of fame.  Both downtown in walking distance from each other.   Plenty of hotels in the downtown area. Lots of honky tonks with lots of music in the downtown area.  Opryland,  the new home of the Opry, is a 15 min drive.  Also nearby is the Hermitage, Andrew Jackson's home.  You should know it could be hot and humid in August.   Enjoy your travels.   Let me know if any other questions. 

Thanks so much for your recommendations. Sounds awesome and really want to go.

What is weather like there October /November ? just so i can maybe look at all dates and not just summer time.

If New Orleans is a 6 hour drive from Nashville, why don't you look at a cruise on Majesty of the Seas out of New Orleans. Or whatever ship is sailing for the summer out of N.O. (down there they pronounce it NAW-leans, lol). You could go to Nashville first for as long as you like, then fly a short hop to N.O. the night before boarding the ship (or 2 nights before if you want to tour N.O., stay on Canal St, easy access to the trolley system). We stayed at the Marriott on Canal St post cruise and it's walking distance to the French Quarter. And walking distance to the Riverfront boardwalk. When we got off the ship in N.O., we Ubered to the airport for our flight home. We were there in December and it was cold! Look up Celebration on the Oaks dates, I  think it starts in November. Awesome Christmas light displays in the city park.

Edited by wolfcathorse
  • Thanks 1

Southwest air is the best choice from East Coast cities.  Nashville is a hub.  Sometimes we score $59.00 rates to Baltimore, New Orleans, Tampa or Boston.  Find an airport for an International Flight that has a Southwest connection.

Nashville is very convienent to BNA airport and a fun place to visit!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unless you don´t want to go on a river cruise with American Queen Cruise Line (I don´t think that American Cruise Lines goes to Nashville) you´re pretty far away from any blue water cruise port.

I´ve done the driving (from NOLA to Nashville) - but we had two overnight stops on the way. And you have to pay for the one way rental.

I´d suggest to fly...

steamboats

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

If New Orleans is a 6 hour drive from Nashville, why don't you look at a cruise on Majesty of the Seas out of New Orleans. Or whatever ship is sailing for the summer out of N.O. (down there they pronounce it NAW-leans, lol). You could go to Nashville first for as long as you like, then fly a short hop to N.O. the night before boarding the ship (or 2 nights before if you want to tour N.O., stay on Canal St, easy access to the trolley system). We stayed at the Marriott on Canal St post cruise and it's walking distance to the French Quarter. And walking distance to the Riverfront boardwalk. When we got off the ship in N.O., we Ubered to the airport for our flight home. We were there in December and it was cold! Look up Celebration on the Oaks dates, I  think it starts in November. Awesome Christmas light displays in the city park.

again so many brilliant suggestions.

i guess im going to be busy researching all the information i have received from you guys. I certainly will look up celebration of the oaks dates too. 

I am expecting this is gonna be expensive but hey not cruising this year as it was cancelled.....

26 minutes ago, fandash said:

Thanks so much for your recommendations. Sounds awesome and really want to go.

What is weather like there October /November ? just so i can maybe look at all dates and not just summer time.

Figure low to mid 60s for highs, lows in the 40s for October.  Early in the month a little higher then and decreasing as you move into November.   Took my granddaughter to the zoo over Thanksgiving weekend this past November.  Did have some rain over the weekend. 

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

There are also direct flights from Nashville to Houston Hobby airport, the closet airport to Galveston. An advantage to cruising out of Galveston is that Roatan and Belize are possible ports, and NASA  Mission Control has a great tour and museum 40 minutes from the port.

• Thanks 1

Fandash, Nashville is a great city.  My niece lives there and we were there last in October.  The weather was beautiful, warm and sunny without the humidity that you usually get in Nashville in the summer.  There's loads to see and do and I absolutely love it there.  You'll love downtown .  So many bars, restaurants and music of every kind.  And I love the Nashville accent, Southern hospitality and, of course, the wonderful 'Bat Building'.  Enjoy!!  There's a regular flight from Nashville to LHR with BA.  Good timings and not too expensive.  You'll have a great time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sobro said:

There are also direct flights from Nashville to Houston Hobby airport, the closet airport to Galveston. An advantage to cruising out of Galveston is that Roatan and Belize are possible ports, and NASA  Mission Control has a great tour and museum 40 minutes from the port.

Awesome thanks 

42 minutes ago, welwyngirl said:

Fandash, Nashville is a great city.  My niece lives there and we were there last in October.  The weather was beautiful, warm and sunny without the humidity that you usually get in Nashville in the summer.  There's loads to see and do and I absolutely love it there.  You'll love downtown .  So many bars, restaurants and music of every kind.  And I love the Nashville accent, Southern hospitality and, of course, the wonderful 'Bat Building'.  Enjoy!!  There's a regular flight from Nashville to LHR with BA.  Good timings and not too expensive.  You'll have a great time.

Thanks for that I will have a look at those too. 

Love Nashville!  Was supposed to be flying there later this month for a Kenny Chesney concert and mini-vacation. Oh well, flight and concert cancelled.

😭🎵

Here is to happier times ahead! Hope you get to Nashville, fandash. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fandash said:

I am looking for suggestions for a cruise next summer for my family and I but i would like it to include 2 nights or so in Nashville

We are travelling from Scotland so would also need an overnight or so before cruise somewhere also

I am looking for suggestions of where to sail from and where else would be possible maybe after the cruise  that would absolutely include time in Nashville.

thanks

Open jaw flight into Nashville and home from Miami

Tag on an internal flight from Nashville to Miami separately

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can also use Spirit airlines to/from Nashville. Spirit is much like EasyJet/Ryanair, where they have generally cheap rates upfront, but everything else is extra. They also tend to fly very early or late at night. We recently moved in about an hour to the north and haven't spent much time down there to give any other tips, so we'll leave that to the locals.

• Thanks 1