Cruise to include Nashville

If you're looking for country music, then fly direct non-stop from Manchester UK to Houston TX, via Singapore air, for second rate country, & sail out of Galveston.  First class country avail in Austin, just 2.5 hrs away.  

Last year on the Liberty, we had the duo 2Country4Nashville, playing great country the entire week, they were awesome.

I also recommend an open jaw flight where you fly into Nashville and fly home from either Miami or Fort Lauderdale. 

You can then book a one way flight from Nashville to either Fort Lauderdale or Miami.  They are close together so either airport will work.   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, njkruzer said:

We moved to Nashville in July 2018.  Great place.  Lots to do in and around.  Include Ryman (original home of the grand ole opry) and country music hall of fame.  Both downtown in walking distance from each other.   Plenty of hotels in the downtown area. Lots of honky tonks with lots of music in the downtown area.  Opryland,  the new home of the Opry, is a 15 min drive.  Also nearby is the Hermitage, Andrew Jackson's home.  You should know it could be hot and humid in August.   Enjoy your travels.   Let me know if any other questions. 

Haven't been there in a while, but the hotel next to the Ryman used to be a great hotel - can't remember the brand though.

23 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Haven't been there in a while, but the hotel next to the Ryman used to be a great hotel - can't remember the brand though.

the Hilton and Renaissance are both very close to the ryman in opposite directions

We live about 45 min north of Nashville, and BNA is our usual airport.  We have had excellent luck booking American Airlines flights to Miami.  Very reasonable prices available (pre-Covid of course) and there are enough flights daily that a cancellation or delay isn't usually that big of a deal.  

Nashville is a great place to visit even though we aren't country music fans.  The Old Spaghetti Factory downtown is a family

favorite.  Lots of fun places to eat downtown--we also enjoyed Demos.

I'll echo many of the posters on this thread. Southwest has many direct and easy flights in to FLL.  You can easily cruise out of MIA as well as FLL as they both so close together so that gives you more cruise options to choose from.  We did it last year.  Flew into FLL (direct with SW) spent a few days in Palm Beach and then cruised out of Port of Miami on Mariner. Easy peasy. 

Your timeframe could also allow you to book a westbound Transatlantic to Florida, stay on the ship for a Caribbean cruise and then fly through Nashville home.  Cost savings of one flight might pay for the TA cruise.  Really depends on how much time you have but does sound like a great trip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I live 60 miles north of Nashville and fly out of BNA for all my cruises. I believe American Airlines has direct flights to FLL, and one stop flights to MIA. Delta flies into both MIA or FLL, probably all of their flights have a one-stop in ATL. No surprise there. Everyone seems to go thru ATL at least once in their lifetimes!! lolol. 

You've made an awesome choice for a two day visit. Lots of great places to visit, and incredible dining as well.  Have a wonderful time!!  

• Thanks 1