You can blame the CDC, not NCL for the latest suspensions.

CaptainWes

2 minutes ago, Newleno said:

and indeed these new cases may be statistical significant, however better make sure oranges to oranges are being compared, example if everyone in florida were tested today just by pure numbers the cases of positive would go way up.

Yes - however unfortunately the increase in testing does not explain Florida's increase. Florida has a real problem. Look at hospital capacity dropping as well.

Palm Beach Hospital for example just reached ICU bed capacity.

https://bocanewsnow.com/2020/06/17/coronavirus-palm-beach-area-hospital-at-icu-bed-capacity/ 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Also interested in your comments as to why Disney and FL are ignoring CDC gudiance in reopening?

I did not post any comment regarding Disney and Florida.  You have, however, asked my opinion.  My opinion is the Country and the World cannot stay locked down 100% and survive.  

• Like 3

crazy plague, still no one knows nothing, all we know is if you are protesting or rioting you can break all the rules of the plague and do what you want in regards to crowds, gatherings, and masks

Edited by Newleno
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

And I'l ask again - how do you know if some 35 year old you walk past in the street who isn't high risk won't die?

I still don’t agree the “high risk” should be walking past “me” on the street.

• Like 2

I am bemused at how Florida was so quick to shut down it's ports to Cruise Ships needing a place to return with passengers needing medical help or just path home... and now is insisting on reopening as the state gets sicker and sicker. But not to cruise ships and not to New Yorkers, where the virus is under excellent control.

12 minutes ago, logan25 said:

My opinion is the Country and the World cannot stay locked down 100% and survive.  

No one is saying they should. CDC guidance though is clear. Florida/Disney are breaking it.

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, logan25 said:

I still don’t agree the “high risk” should be walking past “me” on the street.

I asked you about a healthy 35 year old. How do you know  asymptomatic spread from you won't kill them? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

I asked you about a healthy 35 year old. How do you know  asymptomatic spread from you won't kill them? 

And I say the “high risk” should live their life as if every other human is infectious.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

I am bemused at how Florida was so quick to shut down it's ports to Cruise Ships needing a place to return with passengers needing medical help or just path home... and now is insisting on reopening as the state gets sicker and sicker. But not to cruise ships and not to New Yorkers, where the virus is under excellent control.

lol @nyc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, logan25 said:

And I say the “high risk” should live their life as if every other human is infectious.

And I'll ask you again. This 35 year old is not high risk. How do you know your asymptomatic spread will not kill them?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

Yeah and you watch the video of the reopening of some of these parks you will see many people not wearing masks and employees not enforcing it either.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

First of all, Disney in Florida has not reopened yet.  The scheduled reopen is in July.  So there aren't any videos for that park showing people not wearing masks.  There have been some one-off reports about Universal and ride issues.  Park management is (supposedly!) staying on top of this.  Orange County authorities won't tolerate continuing complaints and park management knows it.  They'll be shut down faster than they reopened.  

• Like 1

We all think the CDC is being so unfair to the cruise lines and cruisers are the bad guys here. Think how Disney feels, they're being blamed for the spread in Florida, breaking CDC rules, etc. And their not even open yet.

• Like 2

Just now, pmd98052 said:

And I'll ask you again. This 35 year old is not high risk. How do you know your asymptomatic spread will not kill them?

I don’t know and accept my risk.  This hypothetical 35-year-old makes their own choice.  Have they taken precautions?  Have they left their domicile?  Apparently so because “we” are passing on the street.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, logan25 said:

I don’t know and accept my risk.  This hypothetical 35-year-old makes their own choice.  Have they taken precautions?  Have they left their domicile?  Apparently so because “we” are passing on the street.

OK so bottom line is this is all me me me. I get it. You are important. Be best.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pmd98052 said:

Just look at Florida's case load. 1500-2500+ new cases PER DAY.

And I woke up to this newscast this morning.  😢

"Florida reports record-breaking 3,200 new COVID-19 cases in single day"

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/florida-reports-record-breaking-3200-new-covid-19-cases-single-day/HYQ5N2N77RBIFGQSOEJFCHMW6I/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

And I woke up to this newscast this morning.  😢

"Florida reports record-breaking 3,200 new COVID-19 cases in single day"

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/florida-reports-record-breaking-3200-new-covid-19-cases-single-day/HYQ5N2N77RBIFGQSOEJFCHMW6I/

Such a shock right. Who would have thought that when FL ignored CDC advice and re-opened that this would happen? Completely unexpected! 🙂

3,200 in a day. South Korea just shut down Seoul again with 50 cases in a day.

It annoys me so much. As someone who desparately wants to cruise  soon states like Florida are going to ensure its long long wait until we can do so again!

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 1

First of all, Disney in Florida has not reopened yet.  The scheduled reopen is in July.  So there aren't any videos for that park showing people not wearing masks.  There have been some one-off reports about Universal and ride issues.  Park management is (supposedly!) staying on top of this.  Orange County authorities won't tolerate continuing complaints and park management knows it.  They'll be shut down faster than they reopened.  
Florida I doubt will go back to shutdown under and circumstances. I'd be surprised. Yes Disney has not opened but some other parks have and universal did well. Others did not. Sea world being one where about went.

5 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Florida I doubt will go back to shutdown under and circumstances. I'd be surprised. Yes Disney has not opened but some other parks have and universal did well. Others did not. Sea world being one where about went.

Not saying that Florida will go back to shutdown generally...our stupid Governor has already made that clear. But Orange County approved the reopening of the Orlando parks under very specific parameters.  My point is that there WILL BE a very low tolerance for breaking those parameters, park management knows that, and they will either get any violations under control or risk being closed.   They are already dealing with bad publicity about early violations so not likely going to want more.

Edited by harkinmr

Not saying that Florida will go back to shutdown generally...our stupid Governor has already made that clear. But Orange County approved the reopening of the Orlando parks under very specific parameters.  My point is that there WILL BE a very low tolerance for breaking those parameters, park management knows that, and they will either get any violations under control or risk being closed.   They are already dealing with bad publicity about early violations so not likely going to want more.
I also expect Disney to do a better job than the rest in enforcing rules. I expect Disney to do everything better in every aspect of business. Only time will tell with the rest of the state and other states having issues.

1 minute ago, JAMESCC said:

I also expect Disney to do a better job than the rest in enforcing rules. I expect Disney to do everything better in every aspect of business. Only time will tell with the rest of the state and other states having issues.

Absolutely agree about Disney.  Everything they do is top-notch.  They have quite a reputation to uphold so I imagine they will take great care.  We'll keep our fingers crossed!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hladygirl said:

I am a nurse and see every day how this virus is killing people. Cruise ships are a Petri dish for spread of viruses. I want nothing more to go cruising again. This has been my only vacation destination for over ten years but it will not be safe until a vaccine is found, tested and proved. Give me a break. How can you even consider a cruise until this happens. It is not CDC fault nor ncl’s fault. It is the fault of a virus that no one saw coming or could have predicted its contagiousness or deadliness. Dear God have people not seen what this virus can do? 

i disagree , when you look at the amount of cases and those reported on ships , its actually lower (before lock down)  im not seeing any data that supports that you are more likely to catch it on a cruise than at your hospital. 

Edited by seaman11

10 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

And, yet, out of a three ship fleet, Disney has two ships that the CDC has color coded "provisionally red" for crew infections.

• Like 3