CCL Selling Some Ships

dreaminofcruisin

4 hours ago, drsel said:

If the capacity is reduced by 9%, will the prices also rise by maybe 9% or what?

12 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

Prices will be a reflection of demand. Fewer ships could mean more demand for the remaining cabins.

Unfortunately there isn't an 'I AGREE' button but I agree. I don't 'like' prices going up but they will / should especially with the amount of FCC put there once we get them. (120 days after cash refund & still waiting for FCC on Princess cancelled cruise)

Edited by Ombud

Previously sold

Costa neoClassica sold to Bahamas Paradise

Costa neoRiviera sold to AIDA (group Co.)

Costa Mediterranea - sold to Carnival-China JV

Pacific Aria - sold to CMV, early departure

Pacific Dawn - sold to CMV, early departure

Confirmed

Costa Victoria - sold for scrap

P&O Oceana - sold to Greek buyers

Very Likely

Carnival Fascination - sold for scrap

Carnival Inspiration - sold for scrap

MS Maasdam

MS Veendam

Costa neoRomantica - sold to the China JV

• Like 1

Good point. More to go. I am still wondering which Princess ships are leaving the Corporation. I know Pacific is offered for sale. But no takers yet and it's been offered for a long time.  Also I don't think Costa neoRivera is part of the '13 ships leaving Carnival Corporation' as it's just being effectively transferred to Aida

Previously sold
Costa neoClassica sold to Bahamas Paradise
Costa neoRiviera sold to AIDA (group Co.)
Costa Atlantica - sold to Carnival-China JV
Costa Mediterranea - sold to Carnival-China JV
P&O Aus Pacific Aria - sold to CMV, early departure
P&O Aus Pacific Dawn-sold to CMV, early departure

Confirmed
Costa Victoria - sold for scrap
P&O Oceana - sold to Greek buyers

Very Likely
Carnival Elation - sold for scrap
Carnival Imagination - sold for scrap
Carnival Ecstasy - sold for scrap
Carnival Fantasy- sold for scrap
HAL Maasdam
HAL Veendam
Costa neoRomantica - sold to Carnival-China JV

With so much reduced capacity, do you think that future Cruise prices will go up significantly?

^25%? 🤞hope that it isn't more. Part of this due to the FCC's out there. I'm thinking ^10% long term (1% greater than capacity reduction)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

So Volendam (1999) and Zaandam (2000) are the only pre-2002 ships still in the HAL line?? 

looking at the list that drsel posted & the ages of the PCL ships I'm pretty sure Sun / Sea / Pacific / Grand will go sooner rather than later. They're the only PCL ships put into service before 2002

Edited by Ombud

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

So Volendam (1999) and Zaandam (2000) are the only pre-2002 ships still in the HAL line?? 

looking at the list that drsel posted & the ages of the PCL ships I'm pretty sure Sun / Sea / Pacific / Grand will go sooner rather than later. They're the only PCL ships put into service before 2002

My guess is that Sun will be let go.

It sounds like they are selling ships that have no debt or that aren't pledged for other debt, 19 in total

https://www.tradewindsnews.com/cruise-and-ferry/carnival-to-sell-one-costa-cruises-two-holland-ships/2-1-842327

86 ships up for collateral

Carnival, which has $10bn in liquidity, put 86 ships up as senior-bond collateral and plans to sell 19 remaining debt-free vessels, brokers said.

•  

2 hours ago, Coral said:

4 HAL ships are sold:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23246-four-holland-america-line-ships-sold.html  

Holland America Line announced that the Amsterdam, Maasdam, Rotterdam and Veendam have been sold and will be transferring to undisclosed buyers.

The press release

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/2020-press-releases/news-07152020-ShipNewsJuly20.html

On 7/14/2020 at 11:32 AM, drsel said:

Very Likely

👍Carnival Fascination and Carnival Imagination moving to a long-term lay-up status, with no specific timeline identified for a return to operation.

Early on at the beginning of the virus I had to educate myself on what to do with all these ships cruise lines want to keep when capacity returns to pre-virus standing.  Found an excellent article from a company that does lay-up of sea going vessels, including cruise ships.  Completely detailed step by step what it involves, and the different levels - from a few months to a few years.  And how long it takes to put them back in service if they have been completely shut down.  It is not a simple process on either end and the cost is obviously a lot more to put it in hold a few months vs. a year or more. But neither option is cheap!    And just like there are areas on land where the airlines have parked their current not in use planes, there are remote areas in the ocean where long term lay-ups are kept - typically in sheltered areas not as prone to bad weather conditions.  I suspect Carnival Corp is currently deciding the fate of their 100+  fleet.  Must be a daunting task. Boggles the mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

👍Carnival Fascination and Carnival Imagination moving to a long-term lay-up status, with no specific timeline identified for a return to operation.

Probably more a matter of lack of capacity at scrape yards.  Need to hold them until more demand generated.  Long term lay up means any return to service will require complete redo of inside spaces.

On 7/14/2020 at 11:32 AM, drsel said:

Very Likely
Carnival Elation - sold for scrap
Carnival Ecstasy - sold for scrap
Carnival Fantasy- sold for scrap

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-fantasy-ends-final-voyage/amp/

Carnival Cruise Line’s President Christine Duffy said that ultimately, only four Fantasy-class ships would remain in operation. Those vessels are  Paradise, Elation, Ecstasy, and Sensation.

Since I am cruising on the Sun next year, I am following this closely. Is this the list of ships that are definitely gone from CCL now:

Costa neoClassica
Costa neoRiviera
Costa Mediterranea
Costa neoRomantica
Pacific Aria
Pacific Dawn
P&O Oceana
Costa Victoria
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
MS Maasdam
MS Veendam

So this is 13 of an expected 15?

9 minutes ago, bubbapuck said:

Since I am cruising on the Sun next year, I am following this closely. Is this the list of ships that are definitely gone from CCL now:

Costa neoClassica
Costa neoRiviera
Costa Mediterranea
Costa neoRomantica
Pacific Aria
Pacific Dawn
P&O Oceana
Costa Victoria
Carnival Fascination (no bookings until late 2021!!)
Carnival Inspiration
MS Maasdam
MS Veendam

So this is 13 of an expected 15?

+Carnival Fantasy. But I thought the actual new count is 19. It also depends on whether another line wants them or there's enough scrap value while they don't owe on them. 86 of the 100 ships are 'available' but i doubt they'll reduce the fleet by more than 20% of ships ???% of capacity (it was 9% when 13 ships were going)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ombud said:

+Carnival Fantasy. But I thought the actual new count is 19. It also depends on whether another line wants them or there's enough scrap value while they don't owe on them. 86 of the 100 ships are 'available' but i doubt they'll reduce the fleet by more than 20% of ships ???% of capacity (it was 9% when 13 ships were going)

Thanks Ombud. I am honestly not 100% sure. I am fairly new to cruising and wasnt concerned about the ship sailing until I saw the Sun may go. I did alot of research to find the cabin that best suits my picky wife's requests and if Sun goes away, I want to make sure I look over the new ship and find a comparable cabin.