Royal's Repositioning Cruises to Europe

1 hour ago, misslottie said:

We’re booked on the repositioning cruise of Harmony in November 2021, on which we hope to get married so combining honeymoon with wedding!

We chose this because of the number of sea days in a large ship with lots to do. Then we’ll have a few days in Florida at the end. Perfect!

We should be on that one also. Hope to spend a few days pre cruise in Barcelona. 

We kind of missed that this spring

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NancyIL said:

I agree that most RCI TA itineraries are short on ports and heavy on sea days. However, the 2021 Transatlantic itineraries were released in late 2019 - before cruising was affected by COVID-19.

I've thought for the last few years that the ports, seem to be getting fewer and less interesting with more sea days on TA. Certainly on the bigger ships. Some of the smaller ships, like Rhapsody or Jewel, have more interesting ports  on their transatlantics

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I've thought for the last few years that the ports, seem to be getting fewer and less interesting with more sea days on TA. Certainly on the bigger ships. Some of the smaller ships, like Rhapsody or Jewel, have more interesting ports  on their transatlantics

When the 2021 Transatlantic cruises came out last November, I hoped to book the late August or early September Arctic Transatlantic from Amsterdam or Copenhagen to Boston. Sadly, there isn't one on RCI in 2021.

Transatlantic crossings are often bargain rates and well below what they get once the ship is at a home port and doing her thing.  Consequently they want to get 'ur done, get across and get the ship into place where it can make real money.  

I'm perfectly fine with it.  I've done Caribbean so much I sometimes don't get off the ship for the whole cruise.  That's not much different from a transatlantic with only a few port stops.   Either way the time seems to fly by.

I only wished it was just as easy to plan a return sailing so I didn't have to fly back across Atlantic.  I don't mind flying but for the kind of money they charge I'd rather be on a ship coming back and get so much more value for that money.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Doesn’t Royal make more $ on 7 night regular cruises out of Florida?  Why would they want to extend the days on TA?  Would you be willing to pay more for more stops?

M8

Hey, TAs are the best cruises , the only cruise I want to do out the USA is TA heading to the EU 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

I would not do a 7 night TA, I only do 14 night or longer TAs 

That’s not what I’m saying. Typically, the daily rate on a TA is less per day than a normal 7 day cruise out of Florida. So, based on your 14 night cruise, would you pay for B2B 7 night cruises?

Thanks

M8

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s not what I’m saying. Typically, the daily rate on a TA is less per day than a normal 7 day cruise out of Florida. So, based on your 14 night cruise, would you pay for B2B 7 night cruises?

Thanks

M8

Our April  2021 TA 16 night FLL to Amsterdam on Celebrity Reflection , Inside cabin , we have an drink package , gratitudes and $850 USD obc, our cost with taxes is  $2964 CAD ,($2177 USD ) for 2 people 

$92 CAD ( $68 USD) per person 

our November 2020 TA , 14 night Rome to Miami, on RCL Explorer with drink package , tips, taxes , $250 USD obc, And dinner for 2 in speciality restaurant is  $3100  CAD ($2274 USD For 2 ,  in a balcony, $110 CAD ($82 USD) a day per person 

I hope that answers your question 

22 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Our April  2021 TA 16 night FLL to Amsterdam on Celebrity Reflection , Inside cabin , we have an drink package , gratitudes and $850 USD obc, our cost with taxes is  $2964 CAD ,($2177 USD ) for 2 people 

$92 CAD ( $68 USD) per person 

our November 2020 TA , 14 night Rome to Miami, on RCL Explorer with drink package , tips, taxes , $250 USD obc, And dinner for 2 in speciality restaurant is  $3100  CAD ($2274 USD For 2 ,  in a balcony, $110 CAD ($82 USD) a day per person 

I hope that answers your question 

Drink and dinning packages are nearly the same with regular 7 night versus TA night (per day). Your basic fare, is it less or more per day than a typical 7 night sailing, say on Oasis Class?  

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Drink and dinning packages are nearly the same with regular 7 night versus TA night (per day). Your basic fare, is it less or more per day than a typical 7 night sailing, say on Oasis Class?  

Thanks

I have never priced a 7 day cruise On a Oasis class ship and have no interest in doing that 

I have show you some numbers , you can take it from there 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Doesn’t Royal make more $ on 7 night regular cruises out of Florida?  Why would they want to extend the days on TA?  Would you be willing to pay more for more stops?

M8

The better the itinerary, the higher the cruise price - and people are willing to pay it. Prices for Brilliance's Sept. 2, 2020 Arctic crossing started at almost $2000 pp for an inside, and the prices increased rapidly.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2020 at 8:58 AM, scootersdad said:

As an example, look at NCL's Getaway on April 11th 2021   5 sea days 10 ports including an overnight in Lisbon.

Trying to get Royal to do better.

Remember I'm a stockholder and D+ so want to cruise RC vs NCL !

Based on today's financial reports and I dustry rumors, I wouldn't be in a hurry to book NCL.

When I've looked at the recent TAs, it seems like the biggest ships hit the fewest ports, I assume because of port size. It will be very interesting to see what all this looks like when the dust settles.

55 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Prices for Brilliance's Sept. 2, 2020 Arctic crossing started at almost $2000 pp for an inside, and the prices increased rapidly.

That ship/route high price is an exception to the typically low cost TAs. Legend did almost the same route in 2014 and prices were really cheap (like $30pppd).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That ship/route high price is an exception to the typically low cost TAs. Legend did almost the same route in 2014 and prices were really cheap (like $30pppd).

Every time I priced TA’s and compared to a 7 night cruise out of Florida, the per day price has been lower on TA’s. 

M8

On 6/21/2020 at 9:07 AM, John&LaLa said:

Looks like Bella. Any idea on the use of a terrier?

Journey to Bilbao, Spain, and the city’s celebrated Guggenheim Museum, and you’ll no doubt find yourself charmed by the modern-art museum’s “pet” exhibit, Puppy.

The 12 meter-tall canine (about 40 feet), modeled after a West Highland White Terrier pup, is comprised of thousands of flowers. It stands guard in front of the shimmering Guggenheim Museum, which was designed by architect Frank Gehry, and opened in 1997.

While I’m sure Puppy is probably effective at eliciting smiles from most passersby, I was personally fond of the flowery topiary since it reminded me of childhood dogs, Jenny and Bonnie, both Westies and real-life versions of Puppy.

Puppy’s creator, Jeff Koons, used computer modeling to design Puppy, and when we visited, the canine sported blooms ranging from begonias, to marigolds and petunias.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pcur said:

Journey to Bilbao, Spain, and the city’s celebrated Guggenheim Museum, and you’ll no doubt find yourself charmed by the modern-art museum’s “pet” exhibit, Puppy.

The 12 meter-tall canine (about 40 feet), modeled after a West Highland White Terrier pup, is comprised of thousands of flowers. It stands guard in front of the shimmering Guggenheim Museum, which was designed by architect Frank Gehry, and opened in 1997.

While I’m sure Puppy is probably effective at eliciting smiles from most passersby, I was personally fond of the flowery topiary since it reminded me of childhood dogs, Jenny and Bonnie, both Westies and real-life versions of Puppy.

Puppy’s creator, Jeff Koons, used computer modeling to design Puppy, and when we visited, the canine sported blooms ranging from begonias, to marigolds and petunias.

Thanks for the explanation, I thought it looked familiar. 

20200622_213704.thumb.jpg.1f75caf22ca634d6ac69f1344868276c.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/20/2020 at 3:51 PM, xpcdoojk said:

I agree, they all seem to be quick trips over the ocean.   Which is fine, for me since I book them for the flowrider, not so much for my DW, who wants to go somewhere.  

I think it is a legacy of not really expecting to have stops because many ports are going to be closed to stops due to Covid19 I am guessing.

jc

That's what I was thinking.

On 6/21/2020 at 12:07 PM, John&LaLa said:

Looks like Bella. Any idea on the use of a terrier?

Looks amazing so I had to do some research:

"Puppy was based on a small wooden sculpture of a terrier which Jeff Koons created in 1991. Although this original manifestation was a diminutive 52 cm tall, Koons chose the terrier because he believed it would be disarming and non-threatening regardless of the scale."

https://www.guggenheim.org/news/bilbao-jeff-koons-puppy#:~:text=Since 1997%2C Jeff Koons' monumental,before the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.&text=The museum recently undertook this,hues of red and pink.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this is the right thread into which our question belongs but apologies, we are pretty new members in this forum.

However, we are supposed to have a Transatlantic eastbound cruise in April 2021 with Harmony of The Seas. Just by reading topics around this forum it appears that some of the cruises have already been suspended in November 2020 and April from that point onwards is not that far away.

It would be nice to get some prospects from you who are the experts in the cruising world. We would really hope that we get to cruise in April 2021 but in case travel restrictions extend to year 2021 would it mean that cruises in Europe in 2021 are not going to sail at all?

An option would be to change our cruise date into October as Westbound Transatlantic cruise but if there wasn't sails in Europe it would mean no Westbound Transantic either?

Thank you for your advice in advance!

21 minutes ago, CruisingFinns said:

Not sure if this is the right thread into which our question belongs but apologies, we are pretty new members in this forum.

However, we are supposed to have a Transatlantic eastbound cruise in April 2021 with Harmony of The Seas. Just by reading topics around this forum it appears that some of the cruises have already been suspended in November 2020 and April from that point onwards is not that far away.

It would be nice to get some prospects from you who are the experts in the cruising world. We would really hope that we get to cruise in April 2021 but in case travel restrictions extend to year 2021 would it mean that cruises in Europe in 2021 are not going to sail at all?

An option would be to change our cruise date into October as Westbound Transatlantic cruise but if there wasn't sails in Europe it would mean no Westbound Transantic either?

Thank you for your advice in advance!

Read thru the beginning of this