Royal's Repositioning Cruises to Europe

Yes Scootersdad I agree with you.We really enjoyed a TA a couple years ago.7nts Caribbean then 8 sea days back to Southampton.

I would love to go on another one but the stops are not inspiring  me at all.

• Like 1

I agree, they all seem to be quick trips over the ocean.   Which is fine, for me since I book them for the flowrider, not so much for my DW, who wants to go somewhere.  

I think it is a legacy of not really expecting to have stops because many ports are going to be closed to stops due to Covid19 I am guessing.

jc

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chmusar said:

I am on one in April 2021 New York to Southampton . Ports are Halifax , Azores,Bilbao and Le Harve. Cant wait as having a few days in NY before we depart

I have been eyeing that one too with the same idea of a few days in NY beforehand. I had just talked DH into it when this whole C-mess kicked off. 😞

I really hope things will have calmed down by then and you get to go. (And that maybe we will too!) 

17 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I agree, they all seem to be quick trips over the ocean.   Which is fine, for me since I book them for the flowrider, not so much for my DW, who wants to go somewhere.  

I think it is a legacy of not really expecting to have stops because many ports are going to be closed to stops due to Covid19 I am guessing.

jc

As an example, look at NCL's Getaway on April 11th 2021   5 sea days 10 ports including an overnight in Lisbon.

Trying to get Royal to do better.

Remember I'm a stockholder and D+ so want to cruise RC vs NCL !

33 minutes ago, scootersdad said:

As an example, look at NCL's Getaway on April 11th 2021   5 sea days 10 ports including an overnight in Lisbon.

Trying to get Royal to do better.

Remember I'm a stockholder and D+ so want to cruise RC vs NCL !

I am thinking, that RCI has decided to offer things that they know they can actually deliver if sailing resumes.  It sucks trying to book a cruise right now because there are so few offerings even available.  We have a November 2020 TA on the Anthem that goes to Azores and overnights in Bermuda.  2021 shows one going to Halifax.  

NCL on the other hand is offering a pure fantasy.  If booking a fantasy or X makes you happy have at it.  Until the Covid19 mess is resolved or accepted, it is pretty much impossible to offer realistic options.

JMHO and YMMV

jc

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am thinking, that RCI has decided to offer things that they know they can actually deliver if sailing resumes.  It sucks trying to book a cruise right now because there are so few offerings even available.  We have a November 2020 TA on the Anthem that goes to Azores and overnights in Bermuda.  2021 shows one going to Halifax.  

NCL on the other hand is offering a pure fantasy.  If booking a fantasy or X makes you happy have at it.  Until the Covid19 mess is resolved or accepted, it is pretty much impossible to offer realistic options.

JMHO and YMMV

jc

I agree that most RCI TA itineraries are short on ports and heavy on sea days. However, the 2021 Transatlantic itineraries were released in late 2019 - before cruising was affected by COVID-19.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I agree that most RCI TA itineraries are short on ports and heavy on sea days. However, the 2021 Transatlantic itineraries were released in late 2019 - before cruising was affected by COVID-19.

Yes, the trend has been for a while to have few ports, we booked Symphony inaugural TA in 2018, we had one scheduled stop after leaving Barcelona, Malaga.  They added Port Canveral since the terminal in Miami was brand new and did the inspection etc, there instead of Miami to simplify the process.

jc

19 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

JMHO and YMMV

jc

Fantasy??   Most likely all cruises are hopeful planning.    This year we "had"  an April 2020 on NCL Dawn NYC to Barcelona which was very similar.  All of NCL's T/As were multiport with the schedules set years before.   Face it RC doesn't do good TAs to Europe !   I would like them to see that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scootersdad said:

Come on Royal. 

Your repositioning cruise itineraries stink.  Just checked for 2021. 

Too few port.  Too many sea days.

You are making this D+ and stockholder book on NCL.

Sea days are why I book a cruise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Airbalancer said:

Time to get back to Celebrity for TAs 

Yep. Reflection April 19th Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam. 7 sea days followed by the Azores, Lisbon, La Corunna, Bilbao, Le Havre, Zeebrugge, Amsterdam. 16 nights. However, if you are Royal fans this probably won’t be lively enough. We enjoy both. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scootersdad said:

Come on Royal. 

Booked my 2021 westbound about a year ago. 1 stop, works for this Pinnacle shareholder😉😇

Deja' vu anyway

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 5

I have three future cruises booked. One at Thanksgiving, one in February and one in March. I have no idea if any of these will go. I will not book any more cruises because who knows how this is going to pan out. Royal has no idea how many ships will be left in the fleet or how many passengers they’ll be able to have on each ship. It’s taking them months to get all the crews home, how long will it take to get them back? There are just to many variables right now for me to give Royal any more unsecured loans.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

I have three future cruises booked. One at Thanksgiving, one in February and one in March. I have no idea if any of these will go. I will not book any more cruises because who knows how this is going to pan out. Royal has no idea how many ships will be left in the fleet or how many passengers they’ll be able to have on each ship. It’s taking them months to get all the crews home, how long will it take to get them back? There are just to many variables right now for me to give Royal any more unsecured loans.

I think the Caribbean will be the only reliable destination that you can book right now.

18 hours ago, chmusar said:

I am on one in April 2021 New York to Southampton . Ports are Halifax , Azores,Bilbao and Le Harve. Cant wait as having a few days in NY before we depart

Bilbao is a cool port.  Very old, very embedded sailing culture.

We were on a Celebrity ship years ago that stopped in Bilbao, and the hop on/off bus tour guide said the whole city was abuzz about this ship that was docked.  Seemed it was the largest ship to ever dock there in the entire history of the port (founded in 1300).  We were out on deck for several hours before leaving, and noticed this huge crowd of people lining up opposite the cruise dock for miles.  We thought they were getting ready for some water sport event.  They were there to watch our ship leave; thousands of them!

This is one of my favorite sights to see there:

puppy guggenheim bilbao museum

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, pcur said:

Bilbao is a cool port.  Very old, very embedded sailing culture.

This is one of my favorite sights to see there:

puppy guggenheim bilbao museum

Looks like Bella. Any idea on the use of a terrier?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, scootersdad said:

Come on Royal. 

All you have to do is book a B2B, get as many ports as you want, maybe even a B2B2B, one on either end of the TA.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am D plus and stockholder as well, and I feel just the opposite of Scootersdad. We love the sea days and are quite happy with the current scheduling. We have done 20 TA's . I guess each to his/her own.

Doug

• Like 3

We’re booked on the repositioning cruise of Harmony in November 2021, on which we hope to get married so combining honeymoon with wedding!

We chose this because of the number of sea days in a large ship with lots to do. Then we’ll have a few days in Florida at the end. Perfect!

• Like 1

Add me to the list of people who love the sea days. The more the merrier. I don't really care about what day of the week it is … it's Day 5 or Day 6 … not Tuesday or Wednesday. You can join in activities around the ship, or do nothing at all. I believe I read almost a book a day on the March TA on the Allure. It was wonderful and relaxed.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

Yep. Reflection April 19th Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam. 7 sea days followed by the Azores, Lisbon, La Corunna, Bilbao, Le Havre, Zeebrugge, Amsterdam. 16 nights. However, if you are Royal fans this probably won’t be lively enough. We enjoy both. 

We are booked on that one with about 30 friends 😄