Bar Harbor Says No to Cruise Ships

41 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

No cruise line wants to address they key points of the CDC no sail order. What do they do with infected cruisers and disembarking them. 

M8

Yes, that was one of the things missing from American Cruise Lines presentation at the town council meeting.  The ports need to know that sick passengers will not become their burden. So far, as you say, no cruise line wants to address how they will handle this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2020 at 6:36 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

No cruise line wants to address they key points of the CDC no sail order. What do they do with infected cruisers and disembarking them. 

M8

At the capacity level that ACL proposed, they fall under the 250 person limit, and so the no sail order does not apply.

I have not heard anything about Portland banning cruise ships.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I figured Maine's current rules would prevent ships from docking, regardless of the CDC order. 

If the visitor has a negative covid test within 72 hours, they don't need to quarantine.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

At the capacity level that ACL proposed, they fall under the 250 person limit, and so the no sail order does not apply.

I have not heard anything about Portland banning cruise ships.

I guess the Portland info might have been rumor -- I know you're from Maine so you would know better.  I saw this thread and took it at face value.  No-sail order doesn't apply for ACL but can't the individual ports refuse entry of any size ship?  

8 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I guess the Portland info might have been rumor -- I know you're from Maine so you would know better.  I saw this thread and took it at face value.  No-sail order doesn't apply for ACL but can't the individual ports refuse entry of any size ship?  

Portland is not accepting cruise ships based on the state covid restrictions, not on a local level ban, so that will change as we continue in the phased opening.  Bar Harbor is taking the state's restrictions further.  But, yes, any port can deny "docking permits" to any cruise ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1