The Daily for Monday Jul 13, 2020

richwmn

9 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

@gigianne, aren't you lucky to have a "resident" cardinal?  We don't have any out here in the wild west.  We have hummingbirds, which are difficult to photograph, and of course, eagles and turkey vultures swooping overhead.   I love watching all the birds.  

Thanks for the Daily, Rich.  It's nice to see people posting photographs, and to read your inspiring quotes and meal suggestions.  

For Jacqui, I will post some photos from the flower market in Ljubljana from October on our last cruise on Koningsdam.  

IMG_2740.thumb.jpeg.c7cd665efe42b9c421e0b7189c915ac5.jpeg

IMG_2742.thumb.jpeg.2ab9a49db629b0ce588654d4c4a39357.jpeg

P1080295.thumb.jpeg.88673150161c16f220f6c7070ecaf75e.jpeg

X

So lucky to have a cardinal!  We get blue jays but no cardinals.

victoriann,  I am wondering if you were on the Koningsdam just after us, our stop in Slovenia was so short we didn’t make it to Ljubljana, it looks stunning! 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 2

Thank you for the daily report Rich.

Barbershop always reminds me of Disneyland.  Loved the Barbershop music there!  Not having beans and franks but we are having ranch beans with tritip tonight.  My husband loves the ranch beans with jalapenos.

No test results yet for my son.  Thank you everyone for thinking of him.  He is feeling much better so at this point I'm thinking it was just a bad flu type illness.

Loved the pictures today!  And bennybear that peony is just gorgeous! 

Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters!

Denise, so glad you got to kayak with David. I am a bit jealous, since the humidity has been so oppressive here lately, I can not even think of paddling a kayak.  Joy, praying for an excellent Doctor’s visit for Allen (and you).

I had an uncle who sang barbershop. He was a town official in a tiny town in Massachusetts & he would sing while walking along on the sidewalk. He was such a special & loved man. 

Love the quote! The wine is a red blend with high ratings, and is out of my league. Will need to look up the meal suggestion. It sounds very interesting. 

Has anyone seen a post from @fatcat04 lately? The last post I could find from her was on July 8. Hope she is just busy with the kids & summer, in addition to all the craziness this year has thrown at us.

@kazu your Marley has a great smile.  Thank you for sharing your Bordeaux pics. Gorgeous.  Hope you here from Yonnie soon. 

Stay well everyone!

You are so right cat, Summer is busy. Toddler keeps me hopping and ds started his job today. That plus the yard and family and other stuff and I never feel like there is never enough time. Probably like many of us, I pop in here a bit but not anything like I used to, usually hoping for some good news. One day.

Thanks Rich for the update. You are so faithful.

We had a celebratory steak dinner tonight for ds. Good first day. Proud of him. He jokingly said "Today was my first step toward being a responsible, upstanding, taxpaying citizen." LOL.

Nashville is actually home to the Barbershop Harmony Society, and is usually host to their nationwide convention every few years. Pretty neat. Everyone knows us for Country music but Music City really does have everything.. even Barbershop. 😀

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

X

So lucky to have a cardinal!  We get blue jays but no cardinals.

victoriann,  I am wondering if you were on the Koningsdam just after us, our stop in Slovenia was so short we didn’t make it to Ljubljana, it looks stunning! 

@bennybear, we boarded Koningsdam on October 18 and were in Koper on the 24th.  We had a really long day!  Sailing dutchy organized a great tour with a guide he (and we) had had before in Slovenia, and we went to Lake Bled and the castle and then on to Ljubljana.  

Lake Bled

IMG_2656.thumb.jpeg.840766df465effbd40339e1c9538dfad.jpeg

Ljubljana river through the center of town

IMG_2761.thumb.jpeg.b6d8e52ac9ce878c0f1821e8e7a16247.jpeg

• Like 3

@Vict0riann   Beautiful!   Thanks for sharing those lovely photos!   Ljubljana and Lake Bled are high on the list! We only had a half day so only made it along the coast to Piran.  If things improve maybe next year we will get a chance!  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bennybear said:

My favourite peony finally bloomed!   

Love all the photos!   Here’s our son’s new pup!  

We spent several days in Bordeaux a few years ago at a wine agents house.  It was certainly eye opening and if he sent us to a restaurant they certainly found us a table.  😄

1FF343CB-2A95-4A4D-807C-23D3C4058606.jpeg

854ACAA3-E7F4-4921-8AD8-55B8E4142942.jpeg

That peony is exquisite! And your Grandpup is adorable. Needs to grow into that tongue though.🙃

• Like 3

8 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Toddler keeps me hopping and ds started his job today. That plus the yard and family and other stuff and I never feel like there is never enough time. Great to see you. Sometimes busy is good. As long as you get some downtime.

We had a celebratory steak dinner tonight for ds. Good first day. Proud of him. He jokingly said "Today was my first step toward being a responsible, upstanding, taxpaying citizen." LOL.   Love this! Good for him. And how cool to celebrate his first day.  Stay well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

We had a celebratory steak dinner tonight for ds. Good first day. Proud of him. He jokingly said "Today was my first step toward being a responsible, upstanding, taxpaying citizen." LOL.

Congrats to your DS.  Glad to see you posting and know all is well.  Totally understand your business 😉 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bennybear said:

My favourite peony finally bloomed!   

Love all the photos!   Here’s our son’s new pup!  

We spent several days in Bordeaux a few years ago at a wine agents house.  It was certainly eye opening and if he sent us to a restaurant they certainly found us a table.  😄

1FF343CB-2A95-4A4D-807C-23D3C4058606.jpeg

854ACAA3-E7F4-4921-8AD8-55B8E4142942.jpeg

Lovely peony indeed and what a great looking grand pup.

He’s going to be a big boy, me thinks 😉 

• Like 2

Bennybear, love peonies and that one was a beauty.  Thanks for posting it.

Your grandpup is so cute.  My college age granddaughter has a new dog, a German shepherd and I swear he will never grow into his very tall ears.  I've never seen a German shepherd with such tall ears!  He's growing like a weed though so perhaps he will.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bennybear said:

75EFF55F-F0E2-4DD6-96F9-A7533D2AAC54.jpeg

What a pretty/handsome face!

Looks like he could be full of mischief 😉 

If that’s his kennel in the foreground, it’s not going to fit for long - LOL 😄 

I ended up getting an exercise kennel for Miko as even the largest didn’t do the trick for him and it’s not wise to leave any puppy unsupervised - especially a poodle 😉 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bennybear said:

That’s her second kennel, lol!  I don’t think our son realized how quickly they grow!  Yes, she’s a little imp! 

Oh, a she, sorry as I said he 🤭

Your poor son is about to find out how quickly they grow 😉 

Puppy time doesn’t last long.  Hope you and your son enjoy every minute of it 😄 

• Like 2

On 7/13/2020 at 3:10 PM, kazu said:

Bordeaux is really beautiful.  We were lucky enough to overnight so had two days there on the Prinsendam.  The first day was spent on winery tours, sight seeing outside and a historic village and the late afternoon & evening in Bordeaux.

The second day was in depth in Bordeaux.  Absolutely beautiful city.  and it’s a beautiful sail in and out too.  We were docked downtown 🙂 unlike the larger ships 😄 

I have been, I want to go NOW, or to believe that I will again.  Should be there in October...not this year!

• Like 2