CL/SL future when cruising returns.

23 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We just order a hot room service breakfast and eat it on our balcony.

IMG_20191006_073009.jpg

We love to do this also.

Nothing like breakfast on the balcony at sea.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Hold on to that, you can't get them anymore here

It is still sealed. 

Hold onto it because it’s valuable, because it’s good, or just because it can’t be replaced? 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

31 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It is still sealed. 

Hold onto it because it’s valuable, because it’s good, or just because it can’t be replaced? 

m

Just for grins, doubt it's worth anything.  Just a conversation piece.

Here us the new label. No more Russia mentioned 

20200727_103305.thumb.jpg.195dc68edd281606b2c6e4addc67ac20.jpg

20200727_103330.thumb.jpg.f8f6c8dd533a2a324380d8e4266154ac.jpg

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pepsi is or was the US distributor.  I think the brand has lost the luster it had in the 90's

I still buy it on occasion. It's about a $5 premium to Smirnoff for a 1.75 liter

My DW loves orange flavored vodka for her vodka tonic.  It used to be that everyone that had any flavored vodkas had orange.  Her preferred list. 1 Grey Goose l’orange 2) Kettel One Orange 3 ) Stoli Orange 4 ) Absolute Mandarin ... Hanger One was a premium version that is way worse than any vodka I have ever tasted seems to have kerosene as an ingredient.  We mostly keep Stoli and Kettle one at the house.  

So, we were low on orange vodka, the shelves were full of 30 brands and each had at least 4 or 5 flavors. I couldn’t find an orange other than Smirnoff.  I am going to have to go to the big city apparently to buy her vodka now.  Sigh.... awesome in the age of Covid19.

There are elder flower and cucumber, and pomegranate and all sorts of wierd choices in that store.  What happens with nice simple flavors, like lemon and orange and lime???  

My rich friends came to the lake in June and we had Gin and Tonics on the boat.  It was Hendrix Gin the midsummer solstice limited edition gin with Fever-tree Elderflower tonic water.  On the plus side it was hot 90F+ and the ice melted and made it like a regular bad gin and tonic.  

Seriously, keep it simple.

jc

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

My DW loves orange flavored vodka for her vodka tonic.  It used to be that everyone that had any flavored vodkas had orange.  Her preferred list. 1 Grey Goose l’orange 2) Kettel One Orange 3 ) Stoli Orange 4 ) Absolute Mandarin ... Hanger One was a premium version that is way worse than any vodka I have ever tasted seems to have kerosene as an ingredient.  We mostly keep Stoli and Kettle one at the house.  

So, we were low on orange vodka, the shelves were full of 30 brands and each had at least 4 or 5 flavors. I couldn’t find an orange other than Smirnoff.  I am going to have to go to the big city apparently to buy her vodka now.  Sigh.... awesome in the age of Covid19.

There are elder flower and cucumber, and pomegranate and all sorts of wierd choices in that store.  What happens with nice simple flavors, like lemon and orange and lime???  

My rich friends came to the lake in June and we had Gin and Tonics on the boat.  It was Hendrix Gin the midsummer solstice limited edition gin with Fever-tree Elderflower tonic water.  On the plus side it was hot 90F+ and the ice melted and made it like a regular bad gin and tonic.  

Seriously, keep it simple.

jc

Publix had Orange Stoli in the 750ml bottles today.

Here is an awesome gin

20200727_160007.thumb.jpg.a29039418f7556686cafbcc2011c10cb.jpg

I rarely drink gin, party leftover from a neighbor

Edited by John&LaLa

Great a 1000 mile trip to Publix for Vodka.  We used to have the normal stuff in the local stores, now it seems wierd obscure options are the in thing.  Lukas Liquor in St Louis still have the regular choices.  That is only a 200 mile drive....

then I have to avoid statues falling on my car driving thru town.

jc

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Does anyone drink Pernod or Bacardi?

When I was a teenager many moons ago Pernod and orange and Bacardi and coke were the in drinks.

Tried the Pernod an orange in the CL of Rhapsody, hated it.

Bacardi and Coke is a Cuba Libre, very nice.

• Like 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Tried the Pernod an orange in the CL of Rhapsody, hated it.

Bacardi and Coke is a Cuba Libre, very nice.

I still remember the aniseed flavour of Pernod and the last time I drank it was 40+ years ago.

I was in the Sam’s club last week, and they are out of two staples at our house one which I haven’t needed to buy since before Covid19.   The one I buy regularly, but haven’t found it at Sam’s for over two weeks, which is Gran Marnier.  Which means I have been buying at grocery stores and paying an extra 5 or 6 bucks more for, and the other was TP.  It is late July 4 months after COVID19 and they didn’t have any last week.

Seriously, why are we still hoarding TP?  This is lung disease it doesn’t seem to cause GI issues.  

Things that let you know the world is dumber than even I expect it to be.

jc

20 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I was in the Sam’s club last week, and they are out of two staples at our house one which I haven’t needed to buy since before Covid19.   The one I buy regularly, but haven’t found it at Sam’s for over two weeks, which is Gran Marnier.  Which means I have been buying at grocery stores and paying an extra 5 or 6 bucks more for, and the other was TP.  It is late July 4 months after COVID19 and they didn’t have any last week.

Seriously, why are we still hoarding TP?  This is lung disease it doesn’t seem to cause GI issues.  

jc

Tip. Try SAMS app late at night for TP and Paper Towels. I’ve seen them show up Online after like 2300 EDT. I like Charmin Ultra Soft and the boss likes Charmin Ultra Strong. Bounty select a size for towels. They do show up. 

M8

29 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

jc

Cocoa SAM'S has Grand Marnier 😉