CL/SL future when cruising returns.

1 minute ago, sjb317 said:

Then I would be perfectly happy😀

Sherri🙂

Now we need to get this "enhancment" which for once would be a real improvement to be  implemented by Head Office in Miami 😉

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Totally agree.  If I can't do at least a balcony cabin...I will stay home.  We use our balcony a lot, no worries about chair hogs since we don't do the pool scene, and the best uncrowded view on the ship.   Love it for morning coffee, relaxing with a book, watching the sunrise/sunset, enjoying port sail away, wine for happy hour before dinner (no worries about finding a seat in the lounge), and indeed enjoying the simple pleasure of just walking out from your cabin for fresh sea air. 🤗

When (and if?) cruising does start up again, our balcony will be the perfect spot for "social distancing"...no masks required.  

Sounds perfect! 👍  Those are the reasons I would only sail in a balcony or above.  

Also sounds like you don't miss access to the CL at all.  Just out of curiosity, if Royal reversed course and granted D+ access to the CL (or SL as it may be, if renamed to be CL), would you go? Or once you reach Pinnacle status?

Asking for a friend and trying to stay on topic. 😇

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

I remember on our Freedom of the Seas sailing around 8 years ago, there was a line dedicated to suites at customer service.

It was our first sailing on Freedom.

We were in a GS, and did not even think to utilize the Concierge for our needs.

We then moved onto the Allure, and they did not have one.

That's when we realized the benefit of the concierge.

Stay healthy.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

As mentioned below by Oxo, there are plenty of such locations on board where you can read quietly a book or get in contact with  people, no need for a lounge. Which except for Voyager and Freedom Class and in th past Allure and Oasis, are not places I want to spend any time on board really.

🙂👍

Of course the soft drink voucher(s) can be used for bottled water 🙂

We find that on smaller ships, like Grandeur for example there aren't plenty of "such" locations onboard.  If you usually cruise on larger ships, you don't know what it means to have a place you know you can go and sit quietly.  On GR for example if it's a not as nice weather day, or heck on longer cruises with older cruisers, by 9 am or so there are no seats in the Centrum and very few elsewhere. You cannot use such a broad brush.  BTW, my opinion is just as valid as Oxo's, who for some reason you see as an authority.

What I continue to find funny is as long as all this is going on, there are those that think they "know" something or are coming up with something no one else has ever thought of.  No one from RCI has mentioned anything about changes to lounges, yet, here we are.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Sounds perfect! 👍  Those are the reasons I would only sail in a balcony or above.  

Also sounds like you don't miss access to the CL at all.  Just out of curiosity, if Royal reversed course and granted D+ access to the CL (or SL as it may be, if renamed to be CL), would you go? Or once you reach Pinnacle status?

Asking for a friend and trying to stay on topic. 😇

Choices are good....but for me...I don't have to worry about which lounge to go into once cruising starts again, since most of my cruises are GS and above.  Otherwise, I really am just happy to sit on our own balcony with a glass of wine before dinner.  Mostly I would miss the DL/CL/SL for my morning Latte.  🙂 

Then again...if cruising does not start up...NONE of us will have to worry about lounges.  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Choices are good....don't have to worry about which lounge to go into once cruising starts again, since most of my cruises are GS and above.  Otherwise, I really am just happy to sit on our own balcony with a glass of wine before dinner.  Mostly I would miss the DL/CL/SL for my morning Latte.  🙂 

Then again...if cruising does not start up...NONE of us will have to worry about lounges.  😮 

And yet some are worrying over something that someone on here just thought up.  There is zero evidence that there will be any changes to lounges.  There might be, but no one knows what and I love the ones who come up with some kind of fuzzy math about how many free drinks, coffees, water, etc everyone should get.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, BND said:

And yet some are worrying over something that someone on here just thought up.  There is zero evidence that there will be any changes to lounges.  There might be, but no one knows what and I love the ones who come up with some kind of fuzzy math about how many free drinks, coffees, water, etc everyone should get.

Seems to kind of kill the vacation mode when you do so, IMHO.  😉   Live and let live...do your own thing, make the best of what you have and what is offered.  

I would just like to get back to cruising again.....lounge or no lounge.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

Just now, island lady said:

Seems to kind of kill the vacation mode when you do so, IMHO.  😉   Live and let live...do your own thing, make the best of what you have and what is offered.  

We're currently at the beach in an oceanfront hotel pretending we're on a cruise, except we have to drive to get to dinner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BND said:

We're currently at the beach in an oceanfront hotel pretending we're on a cruise, except we have to drive to get to dinner.

Nice!  🤗

I am currently popping back and forth from CC posts and plotting out our route in Alaska.  Since our B2B Radiance was cancelled for last two weeks of August, I have subbed them with two weeks at little cabin in Homer, AK.  First two weeks are B&B hopping around on the way up to Fairbanks and the Arctic circle.  Four weeks of rental car and road trip.  😉 

My CL/DL/SL will be Bucky bringing me out a nice chilled glass of Sauvignon blanc to enjoy on the deck of the cabin, while we watch the Moose parade by.  😄 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Choices are good....but for me...I don't have to worry about which lounge to go into once cruising starts again, since most of my cruises are GS and above.  Otherwise, I really am just happy to sit on our own balcony with a glass of wine before dinner.  Mostly I would miss the DL/CL/SL for my morning Latte.  🙂 

Great response!  Thank you.

5 minutes ago, BND said:

I agree, I don't think there will be any changes to the lounges other than limiting capacity to 50 % (or whatever number RCG/CDC deems safe) when cruising returns and it will be temporary.  I would expect the same at the Schooner Bar, Pool Bar, etc.

I actually enjoy these speculation threads. I know some don't and will label those that participate as complainers or jealous busy bodies.   But I like to see what others think and share the pros and cons of various "proposed changes". If anything, just to kill some time on a slow, hot summer day. Plus, I enjoy thinking/talking about cruising.

What I don't get is those that want to reduce their benefits. I'm not a brand-loyal person (I'm loyal to my wallet) and do not sail for the benefits. But it's nice to know they are there should I ever want them.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, BND said:

1 Yesterday at the English Lake District.

2 Today at our local beach 5 minutes drive away.

IMG-20200724-WA0009.jpg

IMG_20200725_133150.jpg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Great response!  Thank you.

I agree, I don't think there will be any changes to the lounges other than limiting capacity to 50 % (or whatever number RCG/CDC deems safe) when cruising returns and it will be temporary.  I would expect the same at the Schooner Bar, Pool Bar, etc.

I actually enjoy these speculation threads. I know some don't and will label those that participate as complainers or jealous busy bodies.   But I like to see what others think and share the pros and cons of various "proposed changes". If anything, just to kill some time on a slow, hot summer day. Plus, I enjoy thinking/talking about cruising.

What I don't get is those that want to reduce their benefits. I'm not a brand-loyal person (I'm loyal to my wallet) and do not sail for the benefits. But it's nice to know they are there should I ever want them.

👍

1 hour ago, BND said:

I don't believe anyone is saying what will happen. No one is saying what you love either. They are trying to provide suggestions/ opinions. Fuzzy math is not even in the equation. Maybe you have an opinion/ suggestion on this subject? Let us hear your input. 

Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

As mentioned below by Oxo, there are plenty of such locations on board where you can read quietly a book or get in contact with  people, no need for a lounge. Which except for Voyager and Freedom Class and in th past Allure and Oasis, are not places I want to spend any time on board really.

Well, since YOU have no need for the lounge, by all means get rid of it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I don't believe anyone is saying what will happen. No one is saying what you love either. They are trying to provide suggestions/ opinions. Fuzzy math is not even in the equation. Maybe you have an opinion/ suggestion on this subject? Let us hear your input. 

Thanks. 

It's more that people pick random numbers like 3 drinks, 5 coffees, etc.  Either hoping they'll be right and can say "see" lol.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, BND said:

It's more that people pick random numbers like 3 drinks, 5 coffees, etc.  Either hoping they'll be right and can say "see" lol.

Never thought about it that way. 

Stay Safe. 

3 hours ago, sjb317 said:

As a D+, I think that would be a great idea!  Well, except for the soft drinks as we rarely drink soda😂

Sherri🙂

Like currently, the C&A HH drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card would be for any type of drink. But back to reality concerning those wishful thinking enhancements  to the C&A program,  My Magic 8 Ball says,"don't count on it". 🍻

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Thanks. 

Thank you, to the point 🙂

1 hour ago, BND said:

It's not about being right or wrong.  The numbers I mentioned seem to me the perfect replacement for the lounge. Others might think different and the decsion makers at RCL as well, hence maybe things will not change for the time being anyhow.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, since YOU have no need for the lounge, by all means get rid of it.

If  would be in the managemet of RCL,  I would, trust me, but I am not, hence I can only raise my oppinon to this matter.

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Thanks. 

I agree.

The more people who post and give their views the better.

1 hour ago, BND said:

If anyone from Royal is reading social media surely if they see lots of positive responses and great ideas maybe they might act on some.

What we don't want is people saying get rid of this benefit and that benefit or get rid of this or that lounge otherwise they might just do that and say they are 

Enhancing your Cruise by 

Popular demand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Nice!  🤗

I am currently popping back and forth from CC posts and plotting out our route in Alaska.  Since our B2B Radiance was cancelled for last two weeks of August, I have subbed them with two weeks at little cabin in Homer, AK.  First two weeks are B&B hopping around on the way up to Fairbanks and the Arctic circle.  Four weeks of rental car and road trip.  😉 

My CL/DL/SL will be Bucky bringing me out a nice chilled glass of Sauvignon blanc to enjoy on the deck of the cabin, while we watch the Moose parade by.  😄 

Happy Moosing😀

CCD38E46-7D49-49D8-AF84-CEFDD7559FAC.jpeg.f038cc3dab0d0141604a473a4b25082f.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Nice!  🤗

Pat.

This news just in about Spain.

You definitely did the right thing in cancelling.

Screenshot_20200725_210221_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Like currently, the C&A HH drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card would be for any type of drink. But back to reality concerning those wishful thinking enhancements  to the C&A program,  My Magic 8 Ball says,"don't count on it". 🍻

I believe before COVID19, you could use your SeaPass HH drinks for a frozen drink. If you wanted Diamond List alcohol, it would use two of the 3 drinks on card. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight