CL/SL future when cruising returns.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Then they should move along somewhere else. On some ships RCI can be trying to meet the needs of up to 5600 people. If one feels that is interfering with their personal experience then perhaps booking smaller ships, or a different cruise line, that better meets ones needs is the way to go. RCI meets my needs. I don't think my experience needs to change because someone else is unhappy. They can simply go to where they are happy.

👍🤗

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Deadly serious.  The forum is full of people who know so much more than the management of the cruise line.  

Can you imagine the power they imagine that they have?  Blows my mind.

jc

I hear ya.....been a member since '04, tried to have a bit of fun when I post. I know now to keep everything on a serious tone..... 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

We were there a few years ago.  I remember the tour took out out into the vineyards.

It has probably been more like 10 years for us.   Unfortunately, from what I understand, Ravenswood has closed their doors.  Sad.  Sonoma county has lost a good winery.  

We also adore the Amador and El Dorado county wine areas (great old vine red Zins!).  Much more laid back and natural than the push and shove of Napa.  🙂 

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I was wondering the same thing.

Agree. We have no issues with the current C&A system. We've never booked a suite and don't know if we ever will. My Magic 8 Ball says, "better not tell you know". 😁 We have no problem with booking OVs and balconies. Personal preference and happy to be on a ship. Good food, entertainment, drinks, accommodations, and people. 

We are just a couple of happy laid back types....and love it that way!  😉  Less stress too.  🤗

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

I hear ya.....been a member since '04, tried to have a bit of fun when I post. I know now to keep everything on a serious tone..... 😉

Don't you dare get all serious on us!!!   You would end up being just plain old boring Bill....and that you ain't!!  🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Don't you dare get all serious on us!!!   You would end up being just plain old boring Bill....and that you ain't!!  🤣

You're right Pat! You know it's not my way of living!! 🙂 Hopefully we can get back at it in Nov! or Feb, or April, or May, or Aug, or Nov, etc, etc....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

I sail in suites as well.  But you did not know that did you?  😉 

My point was not to assume that pax that sail in inside cabins don't spend much on extra's.   Have you ever walked the hallway on disembarkation day and noticed multi page invoices stuck to the door on various cabins?  I see a lot of them on the inside cabin doors of the hallway.  

No one should be classified according to cabin level or C&A level.  We are all different. There are way too many people on these threads that tend to do it.   Not hard to assume that the more time you spend on a ship...and the more you cruise...the more you will spend the $$ on extras.  

+1.

6 hours ago, SRF said:

Strange, most all the suite guests I have talked to, have done multiple cruises, all in suites.

And in many cases, book the same cabin every cruise.  As "their" cabin.

I know a family member who Brag's she sails in balcony cabins to strangers but we know they are cheapskates and sail in inside cabins.

Edited by grapau27
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Why stop at $ spent? Take it to the next level since some $ spent are more valuable than others. For example, if Passenger A cruises once a year in an $11,000 suite and Passenger B cruises 11 times a year in a $1,000 cabin, they both spent $11,000. But Royal made more money off of Passenger A since the cost to Royal was 1 cruise vs the cost of providing 11 cruises for Passenger B.

Since the markup on drink packages is probably greater than the markup on Specialty restaurants, Royal makes more profit on someone spending $200 on drinks than they do on someone spending $200 on specialty restaurants.

EDIT TO ADD: This applies to the CL/SL as this the topic of the thread. DL would remain a loyalty lounge for repeat customers.

In fact, rename the CL/SL to High Roller / Big Spender lounge. 😁

Then we would hear.

I spent $$$$

How many $$$$ did you spend.

This would replace 

How many cruises have you had.

I've had lots etc🤣

Several people have honestly posted saying they stay in Suites but don't go in the SL so except for Oasis class premium suites where SLs will be only for Suites why not continue with the CL/SL on other ship classes as a top loyalty lounge only.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Why stop at $ spent? Take it to the next level since some $ spent are more valuable than others. For example, if Passenger A cruises once a year in an $11,000 suite and Passenger B cruises 11 times a year in a $1,000 cabin, they both spent $11,000. But Royal made more money off of Passenger A since the cost to Royal was 1 cruise vs the cost of providing 11 cruises for Passenger B.

Since the markup on drink packages is probably greater than the markup on Specialty restaurants, Royal makes more profit on someone spending $200 on drinks than they do on someone spending $200 on specialty restaurants.

EDIT TO ADD: This applies to the CL/SL as this the topic of the thread. DL would remain a loyalty lounge for repeat customers.

In fact, rename the CL/SL to High Roller / Big Spender lounge. 😁

Who's to say the person with 11 cruises didn't buy 11 drink packages.

Chinese ships have High Roller lounges

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Then they should move along somewhere else. On some ships RCI can be trying to meet the needs of up to 5600 people. If one feels that is interfering with their personal experience then perhaps booking smaller ships, or a different cruise line, that better meets ones needs is the way to go. RCI meets my needs. I don't think my experience needs to change because someone else is unhappy. They can simply go to where they are happy.

I'll bet folks are happier on the ship than they are here puffing their chests.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TYMAN said:

Humour is good especially now with no cruising and possibly no CL for D+ when we cruise again.

Just look at how many posts are on the humour thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We are just a couple of happy laid back types....and love it that way!  😉  Less stress too.  🤗

I agree.

A lot of us have had a working life full of stress,now is the time to chill.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

Exactly!

ps...Martin County, Stuart FL. 😂 I got blocked again. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I know a family member who Brag's she sails in balcony cabins to strangers but we know they are cheapskates and sail in inside cabins.

The key is to lie. “Of course we could easily afford to sail in a suite, but those darn balcony doors let in too much light. I must have it pitch black to sleep, so inside it is.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Very true. 

Someone could book the cheapest inside cabin and spend extravagantly on drinks, spas, excursions, etc and earn their way into the top lounge, whatever the name!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

I'll bet folks are happier on the ship than they are here puffing their chests.

That’s what normally happens in the lounges... all of them at some point in time.😉😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

why not continue with the CL/SL on other ship classes as a top loyalty lounge only.

I don't know,  consistency maybe? 

Royal has had great success with C&A program. Maybe they will with SL as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zekekelso said:

The key is to lie. “Of course we could easily afford to sail in a suite, but those darn balcony doors let in too much light. I must have it pitch black to sleep, so inside it is.”

We can afford suites and we cruise in them.  Usually JS but we have done GS.  I wouldn't want an inside.  Talk about feeling claustrophobic.  I think it's funny when someone says they want an inside cabin because it's "dark" and they can sleep in lol.  I sleep at home til 730 or 8 now that I'm retired and I have 5 windows in our bedroom.  I've even slept til almost 9 a few times.  And when I was younger, I could sleep til 11 with lights on. haha.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BND said:

We can afford suites and we cruise in them.  Usually JS but we have done GS.  I wouldn't want an inside.  Talk about feeling claustrophobic.  I think it's funny when someone says they want an inside cabin because it's "dark" and they can sleep in lol.  I sleep at home til 730 or 8 now that I'm retired and I have 5 windows in our bedroom.  I've even slept til almost 9 a few times.  And when I was younger, I could sleep til 11 with lights on. haha.

I really do like dark. It fits my lifestyle

BTW, you can use towel clips to hold the curtains together

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1