CL/SL future when cruising returns.

On 7/22/2020 at 4:32 AM, casofilia said:

@molly361

Did I miss it?

You and 2 million others!!!!!

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I am not up by 5AM when I am on a cruise I get annoyed with myself. Early morning is my favorite time on a ship. Fortunately for me, more people see things your way than my way.😊

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

That must have been you in the hallway as I passed by to get my Latte in the lounge...and a strong black coffee for mr. sleepyhead in the cabin.  😉 

Also an early riser - I usually get my morning coffee from the Cafe Prooenade or whatever it is called on different class ships as I am up before the lights go on in the DL/CL/SL

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Also an early riser - I usually get my morning coffee from the Cafe Prooenade or whatever it is called on different class ships as I am up before the lights go on in the DL/CL/SL

I just fumble around in the dark.  😉 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We just order a hot room service breakfast and eat it on our balcony.

IMG_20191006_073009.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I am not up by 5AM when I am on a cruise I get annoyed with myself. Early morning is my favorite time on a ship. Fortunately for me, more people see things your way than my way.😊

I like to catch a  sunrise at least once.  Gives me a great feeling as I start the day.  Admittedly, an easier task in the  winter months and now that I think about it, often later than 5AM.  

M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:
13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That must have been you in the hallway as I passed by to get my Latte in the lounge...and a strong black coffee for mr. sleepyhead in the cabin.  😉 

I think I pass by both of you in the hallway on the way back to my room to call it a night. 🙃

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Right on. I'm usually up at 5:AM (we never go to bed before 11:PM) and on the track by 5:30 as I like to walk the track for 1.5 hours long before all the sleepyheads wake up and the track gets clogged with those that want to slowly walk side by side and then they get irritated when I say, passing you on the left or right. Plus I like to watch the sun come up as I'm walking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SRF said:

1. The point is, which is the better customer for the cruise line.  The person who pays 5x for a suite than an inside or someone who sails 2x as much in a much cheaper cabin.

2.  On Grandeur, a GS is about 2x the area of a balcony.  For well over 2x the price.

3.  WOW, playing the emotional/privilege card.  So everyone should get the same, no matter what they pay/spend???  Why not free cruises for those who cannot afford to cruise????  You get what you pay for.  Yes, you sail in cheaper cabins, but sail a lot, then yes, you get perks.  Or sail less often, but spend a lot more, then you get perks.  Or you PAY for the perks.

1. Who cares? As long as the cruiseline appreciates both and treats them well, then both may return and give them more business

2. And?

3. I wasn't playing a card. I was making a point. I believe the best payers get the best cabin, plus a servant for their cruise. Is that not what you are paying for? Or are you paying to be given more stuff than a peasant that cannot afford what the rich folk can afford?

I really don't see what you are trying to achieve with this line of debate - If you can afford the very best cruise experience, why on earth would you care what others get?

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no idea. I don't make the decisions and it is too late tonight to speculate. However, that is how they do it over on Celebrity, isn't it?

Agree waaay above my pay grade. On Celebrity, there is an evening CC HH (except the first evening) from 5 to 7:PM. Also unlimited drinks loaded on our Sea Pass cards to be ordered during the same hours as the CC HH at most bars/lounges (except the first evening). You can not order the CC HH drinks in any of the dining venues or the theater during the CC HH.  

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Agree waaay above my pay grade. On Celebrity, there is an evening CC HH (except the first evening) from 5 to 7:PM. Also unlimited drinks loaded on our Sea Pass cards to be ordered during the same hours as the CC HH at most bars/lounges (except the first evening). You can not order the CC HH drinks in any of the dining venues or the theater during the CC HH.  

Two hrs. is rather short. I usually don't get through the three drinks on my seapass in the 3.5 hrs. on RCI.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, zekekelso said:

You know what I like about NA Vodka? It’s got alcohol in it. 

I don't drink Spirits but Smirnoff and other Russian Vodkas are popular in the UK.

I wonder if the HH was reduced to 2 hours but premium drinks were served this might be the future for the DL/CL/SL.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I don't drink Spirits but Smirnoff and other Russian Vodkas are popular in the UK.

I wonder if the HH was reduced to 2 hours but premium drinks were served this might be the future for the DL/CL/SL.

Siminoff isn't Russian. Stoli isn't even Russian

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Smirnoff is Russian.

Screenshot_20200727_134922_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Maybe a long time ago😉

20200727_084650.thumb.jpg.cf9bcceb68716df6bb469c0aeeda6b8c.jpg

20200727_092232.thumb.jpg.569282375d2249c92e9f995d22ebf3b0.jpg

Latvia isn't Russia

Screenshot_20200727-092522_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ada0123df439ff94f94c55cd3c7bc23b.jpg

Stoli is made in Latvia as well

Sounds like a fun place to visit

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Maybe this was the Russian collusion? 😇

Pepsi is or was the US distributor.  I think the brand has lost the luster it had in the 90's

I still buy it on occasion. It's about a $5 premium to Smirnoff for a 1.75 liter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

Siminoff isn't Russian. Stoli isn't even Russian

This is been in the back of my liquor closet at least 15 years. Not sure why I never drank it.  Probably because I like Ciroc  EA525B15-2094-4E73-A9AD-B563A155E733.thumb.jpeg.9ef6e187f6cc9310050fcd2c2e54bcbc.jpegD4AA7F17-3779-4632-BDD2-5841A33CFFD9.thumb.jpeg.61164c705b9da1795cc8a25d8827fb87.jpeg2419D8C1-5394-46EC-869B-BC8BFE864515.thumb.jpeg.6c13253080329f65b2a6c4c8ade37cfd.jpeg

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1