If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

Line started forming yesterday morning at 7am for our counties 2000 doses for the over 65 group. (Only need 128,000 more)  At of 6:30 this morning they reached capacity and are turning people away.

Saw a camper on tv in line.  That's the way to go😇

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Line started forming yesterday morning at 7am for our counties 2000 doses for the over 65 group. (Only need 128,000 more)  At of 6:30 this morning they reached capacity and are turning people away.

Saw a camper on tv in line.  That's the way to go😇

Not for me. Waiting for an appointment. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

That is a really good quote (in the signature).  Here's the entirety.  It's really poignant in a way, but encouraging also.  A good one.  👍

cs.JPG.7e42f3769c2a790d68003159de4acb4e.JPG

It is lovely.  That said, it was a bit long in its entirety especially about 15 years ago, when all of the signatures showed in the forum.  I cut it down to its essence without harming its meaning for Brevity sake.  Figured people would likely read it if not too long.  

• Like 2

Other than recent USA headlines regarding the potential use of half doses for those aged 18-55, is this something that is being considered elsewhere?  The articles indicate that it is purported that half doses for this age group produces the same protection or efficacy (terms vary per articles).  It would be useful if the developers would submit such demonstrable support data to the FDA, IMO.

22 hours ago, cruising sister said:

I agree common sense is important. Just don’t see much of it here. Opinions based on baseless facts and not listening and learning from experience is lacking. Those of us on the front lines are growing weary. 

Growing weary of what?  

19 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

Other than recent USA headlines regarding the potential use of half doses for those aged 18-55, is this something that is being considered elsewhere?  The articles indicate that it is purported that half doses for this age group produces the same protection or efficacy (terms vary per articles).  It would be useful if the developers would submit such demonstrable support data to the FDA, IMO.

I have not heard of others trying half doses. Over in England they are prolonging the interval for the second shot. I have read that this is not just with the AZ vaccine but also with the Pfizer vaccine.

In my opinion, and my opinion only, they are starting to deviate too far from the trials in order to reach more people. While I understand the motive I think it becoming very conconcerning. What is the purpose of trials if they are going to start deviating from protocols  not knowing what the results will be? It does no good to reach more people if all you accomplish is a sub optimal affect. All this tinkering is going to make a skeptical public even more skeptical about vaccines that we still have so much to learn so much about. Hey, if I only need half a dose then maybe I don't need any dose at all....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

In my opinion, and my opinion only, they are starting to deviate too far from the trials in order to reach more people. While I understand the motive I think it becoming very conconcerning. What is the purpose of trials if they are going to start deviating from protocols  not knowing what the results will be? It does no good to reach more people if all you accomplish is a sub optimal affect. All this tinkering is going to make a skeptical public even more skeptical about vaccines that we still have so much to learn so much about. Hey, if I only need half a dose then maybe I don't need any dose at all....

This exactly, right from our Resident DR.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have not heard of others trying half doses. Over in England they are prolonging the interval for the second shot. I have read that this is not just with the AZ vaccine but also with the Pfizer vaccine.

The UK has a good track record on vaccination programs like the flu and in general a large proportion of the population trust the medical establishment even if they do not trust the Government. Around 70% will have the vaccine 

My understanding of the JCVI decision is to get as many of those at risk vaccinated with one dose giving around 70% protection and the other 30% have less serious symptoms and no hospitalizations in trials, by the time the second dose is due more batches of vaccines will be available. 

Astrazeneca was trialed upto 26 weeks optimal was between 4 and 12 weeks

As for Pfizer I think they are just giving it a punt based on known information from other vaccines and mRNA treatments so they recommended 1st dose followed by 2nd dose 3 to 12 weeks dependent on supply. Pfizer do not like this because that is not how they run the trials.

If it does work Pfizer could lose billions in future sales due to its logistics

I have know idea if they are right but if they are then 1000's of lives could be saved, if their wrong though this will have serious impact on lives and trust moving forward

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am just literally watching on TV that the FDA is considering doing 1/2 doses of Moderna Vaccines. SMH. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And what if it doesn’t work in this manner?

I agree with you 100%. Millions of doses lost, more sick/dead and time fighting Covid lost.

Add to that the extra costs of purchasing more doses, as well as supplies to give those doses such as needles, syringes, band aids, gloves etc.  Then the cost of the labor, to whomever gives the needles. It all adds up quickly, espically if it doesn’t work. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And what if it doesn’t work in this manner?

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I agree with you 100%. Millions of doses lost, more sick/dead and time fighting Covid lost.

Add to that the extra costs of purchasing more doses, as well as supplies to give those doses such as needles, syringes, band aids, gloves etc.  Then the cost of the labor, to whomever gives the needles. It all adds up quickly, espically if it doesn’t work. 

Some very senior scientists and the UK Government are going to fall hard if they have got it wrong

and a lot of people will suffer.

I don't know if they would take the risk unless they knew something we are not aware of.

• Like 1

Just now, molly361 said:

If you were to get 1/2 dose do you then go back twice?  Once for the second 1/2 and then again for the second dose?  Or do you just end up with 1 1/2 doses?  I assume the latter 

I think each dose is the same but timing of second dose seems to be different between brands and Governments. 

With the lockdowns blanketing the UK, and apparently looming in the States per Dr. Gloom, a QUESTION.

If you are in a lockdown, how do you get your vaccine?

It must be that the "science" has determined, along with negotiations with the virus by governance, that transport to and from vaccination location is a risk free activity or, alternately, part of a negotiated side agreement with the virus?  😲

Must be one or the other, or both. 

Same with not having illegal gatherings in your home with more than 10 people.  However, if you travel with 10 or more of the same family members on a 747 plane with 346 other passengers, not a problem.  😉

Then again, listen to what the Doctor orders.

dr.JPG.db471eebc89185e374fdcbd8020eb6a5.JPG

Edited by Formula280SS
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I am just literally watching on TV that the FDA is considering doing 1/2 doses of Moderna Vaccines. SMH. 

Theres a big difference between this and skipping the second dose of pfizer vaccine.

They are thinking of staying with the 2 vaccine schedule, but decreasing both by 50%.  The current pfizer vaccine is 30 micrograms, and the current Moderna vaccine is 100 micrograms.  There is some data suggesting that 100 micrograms is overkill and may contribute to the higher side effect profile, and there is some evidence from their phase 2 data that 50 micrograms may be enough.  Moderna gambled when they started their phase 3 before phase 2 data was finalized, and went with a conservative 100 mcg dosing, to probably ensure good efficacy, but now are hampered by the fact that it takes longer to manufacture more drug.

• Thanks 1

So 50 mcg MAY be enough or MAY NOT be enough but 100 mcg seems to be pretty effective and got them to around 95%. If production was faster would it even be questioned right now? It is all just going make people wonder if any of these "experts" has a clue what they are doing. This hardly seems like the time to feed the skepticism. Just change the dosing strength and interval to fit whatever the political need may be. Forget the trials and just experiment on the world population according to how much vaccine is available at any particular point in time.

Yes, take the sarcasm for all it is meant to be.😏

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2