If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That doesn't matter how similar are different they are. The effect of the vaccine would be similar for both and that's to be expected.

And you make your assumption that the efficacy will be similar based on what?

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And you make your assumption that the efficacy will be similar based on what?

Just the nature of the beast. Viral vaccines train your immune system to know how to stop the virus from replicating in the body.  Doesn't mean the virus won't enter your body or that your immune system will stop enough of it for you to not get sick.  

When someone gets the flu vaccine and still gets the flu, it's already widely accepted.

Yet the first person to get covid after getting the covid vaccine, it'll be front page news in every newspaper.

Edited by smokeybandit

50 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Also, the Lewis quote in your signature has probably never had more meaning than it does now.  I copied it and texted it out to many friends this afternoon.

28 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I agree a most appropriate quote.

I don't see any quote.

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Just the nature of the beast. Viral vaccines train your immune system to know how to stop the virus from replicating in the body.  Doesn't mean the virus won't enter your body or that your immune system will stop enough of it for you to not get sick.  

Some vaccines work better that others. It will be very interesting to see how the mRNA vaccines work out. It is very difficult to extrapolate efficacy of older vaccines to a new technology.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

One day we'll down a pint together on board and you can school me on Floriding.

Also, the Lewis quote in your signature has probably never had more meaning than it does now.  I copied it and texted it out to many friends this afternoon.

And to this thread

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Click expand on the signature.  That should do it.  That has been there for a decade and a half minimum.

I had to log in first and that allowed me to see "Expand signature" and click "Quote" to respond.  It is right there on the bottom of the page.  Otherwise, I couldn't see it if I wasn't logged in.  Love C. S. Lewis' writings.

So, we have our friend from the Canadian/American NW coast to thank for after 15 years people noticing my special message to this forum.  

It is all disappointing, to think I always assumed people understood my point of view all of these years.  Sigh....😇🤔

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, we have our friend from the Canadian/American NW coast to thank for after 15 years people noticing my special message to this forum.  

It is all disappointing, to think I always assumed people understood my point of view all of these years.  Sigh....😇🤔

😂

You inspired me... I'm now including one of my favorite quotes on signature line.  

• Like 2

Thanks to @Ourusualbeach for how to fix the settings.   

I was not familiar with the quote, so I "Googled" it.  Came up with a lot of options, but settled on one by John Robert Lewis:  "“Every generation leaves behind a legacy. What that legacy will be is determined by the people of that generation. What legacy do you want to leave behind?”   John Lewis, Across That Bridge: A Vision for Change and the Future of America

Thank you for having guided me to such a well spoken man, even if it was not the one being referenced.

• Like 3