Just booked....a wing and a prayer....

goldsmip115

Cruise withdrawal is hitting hard in my household.  We had a May Summit cruise in our beloved PS cancelled.  We were booked on the 11 night Connie out of Tampa in that same suite over Thanksgiving this year.  We did a “lift and shift” and moved it to the exact same cruise and suite for 2021.  We felt the odds of it sailing in 2020 were slim let alone whether or not we felt safe in sailing that soon.  We love the Summit and I found a 10 night sailing out of Bayonne next May sailing on my birthday with an available PS.  I just booked it.  I need something to look forward to.  I appreciate that Celebrity is offering a reduced refundable deposit.

i have read so much about the future viability of the industry as a whole, how cruising will have to change, how there will be many cutbacks and diminishment of the experiences well as how  it will never be the same, etc.  For me, booking this cruise allows me to think about the possibility of walking into that suite anticipating 10 nights of cruising with loved ones and the wonderful crew.  The joy is in anticipation.  I hope that we all can take some joy in the the anticipation of future cruising whether we are booked or not.

For me the hope is worth the price of a refundable deposit.

• Like 4

Like you we are pleased to have a cruise booked to look forward to (September 2021), moved from this October. However, we would not feel confident booking any sooner and we have chosen a cruise without flights. Just too many ifs and buts...

We have stayed in the Millie and Summit PH, agree they are very special! We are booked in the Silhouette PH for our cruise, a decadence of light and space but the balcony is no where near as nice!

In the meantime we are enjoying each day the best we can...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

Like you we are pleased to have a cruise booked to look forward to (September 2021), moved from this October. However, we would not feel confident booking any sooner

We moved our April 1st Apex cruise to May 27th, 2021, thinking by then we'll be AFTER the Covid.... Final payment - end of February 2021. We also cancelled a September 2020 cruise, which had an amazing itinerary.

This WE we "re-valuated" our options and decided we'll not be on the "safe side" by February, and moved the cruise again from May to September 2021. The itinerary is even better and the price of "concierge" is cheaper than IV...

We'll book flights at the last moment, from Israel we don't have the luxury of cruising without flying.

We had our Viking Ocean September Greek Islands cruise canceled and we are now booked on its replacement on the Infinity next May and another Spain and Portugal cruise on the Infinity in August.  With the great deals we got on Celebrity we were able to book both cruises for about what the  the Viking cruise was going to cost. We now have 2 cruises for the price of the one cruise and are happy.  We just booked through Celebrity flights our RT air from San Antonio to Venice for May on Business class and also saved $1500pp over the same air we had booked this September with VO, so that is also a plus. We too have our finger crossed but now have 2 somethings to look forward to. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

We cancelled our December 2020 cruise twice. Looking forward to our Alaska cruise and land tour next August and out B2B on Apex in 2022.  We really splurged on these cruises, PH on Eclipse and Villa on Apex.  We got good prices on both.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We'll book flights at the last moment, from Israel we don't have the luxury of cruising without flying.

Really feel for you, just so hard to commit to flights when things are uncertain. It isn’t just the cost of booking flights last minute that can be an issue it is that you often have to accept a less than perfect itinerary (more/longer stop overs)...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I hope everything goes well on your booked cruises. We are booked on the Apex for March, and hoping that cruise stays afloat.

That is the big question....will Apex sail over from Europe soon or just stay over there??

Agree with the OP,  we could all use some anticipation and looking forward to getting back to cruising! 

Edited by WNcruiser

We were to sail on the Apex Southampton-Barcelona cruise this May, which was of course cancelled. I really liked the ports on this one, as it went round the Iberian peninsula to places we haven’t seen. We’re again booked on an Apex Med itinerary RT Barcelona for next May, though I still don’t know if we’ll be ready to cruise by then... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I hope everything goes well on your booked cruises. We are booked on the Apex for March, and hoping that cruise stays afloat.

I hope it goes too, booked on Edge March 21 here..

Our charter company moved our royal suite for rock and romance from February 2021 on infinity to February 2022, I imagine the artist booked were not comfortable with original date. So we booked our first edge in a sky suite for next April, I thought rate was excellent. Still would like to sail before that date will see how things go.