No Premium Economy Upgrades

YoHoHo

2 hours ago, CruisingIGo said:

We have an April 2021 cruise booked on Marina.  We usually don’t use O’s air, but wanted to consider O’s Premium Economy offer to/from Europe this time.  I have been watching the “Special Offers” tab that is specific to our cruise.  For months, the only “Special Offers” were Ultimate Sale and O Life.

Today I saw that Premium Economy Air has been included.  The added cost is $199.  

1.  Is it $199 each way...... or..... $199 round trip?

2.  If I want to select specific flights, can I combine Air Deviation and Premium Economy?  If yes, what would be the additional round trip cost per person?

TIA

We just booked today, Istanbul to Monte Carlo October 18, 2021. Our PE offer was $249. PP each way.

Booked Marina TA Venice to Miami in November 2021.  PE was 199 pp.  For us it is one way, as we live in FL, and also got air credit for not having to fly upon the return.

In March 2019 we used Premium Economy on United from Orlando - SFO - Auckland, then return Sydney-Houston-Orlando.  We were able to get bulkhead/exit row seats, good legroom, but the seats are still narrow.  Not much more comfort than regular coach. Should have done Business class but they wanted 6500 pp RT.  That was almost 3X the cruise fare...

9 hours ago, CruisingIGo said:

We have an April 2021 cruise booked on Marina.  We usually don’t use O’s air, but wanted to consider O’s Premium Economy offer to/from Europe this time.  I have been watching the “Special Offers” tab that is specific to our cruise.  For months, the only “Special Offers” were Ultimate Sale and O Life.

Today I saw that Premium Economy Air has been included.  The added cost is $199.  

2.  If I want to select specific flights, can I combine Air Deviation and Premium Economy?  If yes, what would be the additional round trip cost per person?

TIA

usually it is per segment on the over water portion

you can choose your flights with the air deviation fee  and if O has a contract for PE with that airline  I do not see a problem

once you agree on the flights the deviation fee is non refundable

13 hours ago, CruisingIGo said:

TIA

As Lyn said above it is per person per way. So it would be $398 per person round trip. If you chose the deviation it will be an additional $175 per person, unless you are Gold (15 cruises with Oceania, then it's waived). Your round trip total for the deviation is $350 for two people. You can also get hit for an additional fee if you ask for something special. The last time I used it we went into Paris instead of Amsterdam(where the cruise started from) and there was an additional $200 differential fee. The crazy part is that most of the flights to AMS connected through CDG, go figure. 

The 2 or 3 times I've used PE through Oceania it's been on AA on the 789 version of plane. We've been quite happy with it, it's very much like domestic First. It has it's own small area, drinks, decent food, headphones(noise canceling), blanket, amenity kit and plenty of room. Sure beats being stuffed in Coach, and I don't have the miles nor will spend the money for Business. 

Of course with all the restrictions in the Covid era from what I hear you're lucky to get a bag of chips and some water, so other than the space much of the value might be diminished. 

On 8/1/2020 at 9:06 AM, JRIH said:

I just booked a cruise for next June and they were offering business class flight upgrades.

Business class?   That is Very different  than Prem Economy....   Night and day different.     Rmember whulr business class is pretty standard on most carriers....Prem econ is not   giving you 1 inch wider seat, and 3-5 inches more leg room and only a few more inches line 4-5 recline.       I agree flights from Europe to the west coast US are not fun in coach....  However, remember the upgrade  O offers is only Europe to East coast US....  The remainder is all in economy for the trip.    One saving grace is that while the flights are longer they are all in-daylight minimizing the jet lag   Throw in a plane change and time on the ground to re-hydrate and it  is not all that bad.      If you can snag a 787  even better because of the lower cabin pressure

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

However, remember the upgrade  O offers is only Europe to East coast US

No sir, I've flown from ORD and DFW in PE to Europe, midwest & kinda south. 

Just to add

You may want to check out booking your own air  if you are doing R/T  to Europe

We did the PE only  from LHR to YYZ  it was fine  & cheaper then trying book your own

We  did  R/t  to AMS  &  BUS was cheaper than PE on the same flights   still pricey  but worth every penny to us

YMMV

We will consider all of our options....including O air and using our own arrangements.  We normally purchase air directly, but thought it might be prudent to look at O's options.  If we get air thru O and the cruise gets cancelled, then we don't need to fight for the air refund.

While we live in Seattle, we are willing/able to do any West Coast departure (usually LAX of SFO).  Current West Coast/Europe air prices seem pricey......Except for Turkish Air which is SUPER cheap for economy (no PE).......it's unfortunate that their more recent reviews are scathingly bad.

3 hours ago, ORV said:

No sir, I've flown from ORD and DFW in PE to Europe, midwest & kinda south. 

if you live in Califorina or the left coast.... ORD is the "east" to us.......DFW... well that is in another country  but  still what we would call the east...........  Colorado , South Dakota New Mexico Wyoming   is our Mid-west.

Seriously  the Prem econ  legs are those non stop legs of a flight from the USA. and for the most part originate close or closer to the east  MIA.ATL-ORD-IAH-IAD-CVG-EWR-BOS-IAD-PHL....   stuff like that.......Nothing out of Fresno or Burbank................

download (1).jpg

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

if you live in Califorina or the left coast.... ORD is the "east" to us.......DFW... well that is in another country  but  still what we would call the east...........  Colorado , South Dakota New Mexico Wyoming   is our Mid-west.

Seriously  the Prem econ  legs are those non stop legs of a flight from the USA. and for the most part originate close or closer to the east  MIA.ATL-ORD-IAH-IAD-CVG-EWR-BOS-IAD-PHL....   stuff like that.......Nothing out of Fresno or Burbank................

download (1).jpg

Dan,

I am surprised that you do not know that there are plenty of direct nonstop flights from West Coast (LAX, SFO, SEA) to many places in Europe (and of course Asia as well).

In fact I doubt that there is any major European city not served by direct flights from LAX.

Obviously nothing from Fresno or Burbank 😀

You do not have to make plane changes when flying from W. Coast to Europe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Dan,

I am surprised that you do not know that there are plenty of direct nonstop flights from West Coast (LAX, SFO, SEA) to many places in Europe (and of course Asia as well).

In fact I doubt that there is any major European city not served by direct flights from LAX.

Obviously nothing from Fresno or Burbank 😀

You do not have to make plane changes when flying from W. Coast to Europe.

Paul.....I am also surprised that you do not know that using O prem up grade you are not at all likely to get a nonstop to Europe from the west coast.......You will in most probability make a change in one of the aforementioned cities.    Non stops are priced at prem levels today....   O is not going to be giving those .   . I just tried on my own to get a revenue business  ticket to Europe   and All my options were 2 -3 plane changes with a terminal change as well..  O is going to go with the cheapest deal they can....  You can hope and dream about it, like 29cent a gallon gas.... but the odds are not with you.   Some will win but most will not from my experience

15338766_1737033829947838_1617702137729648833_n.jpg

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Paul.....I am also surprised that you do not know that using O prem up grade you are not at all likely to get a nonstop to Europe from the west coast.......You will in most probability make a change in one of the aforementioned cities.    Non stops are priced at prem levels today....   O is not going to be giving those .   . I just tried on my own to get a revenue business  ticket to Europe   and All my options were 2 -3 plane changes with a terminal change as well..  O is going to go with the cheapest deal they can....  You can hope and dream about it, like 29cent a gallon gas.... but the odds are not with you.   Some will win but most will not from my experience

Whether O will give you a ticket on direct flight is a different matter.

You can certainly request it and it may be the same price or more but that option does exist. You are not likely to get it without requesting it.

Then one has to decide if it's worth it.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

It’s not true that Oceania won’t put you on the direct flight to Europe from the west coast. Last year for our London to NY cruise we were given non-stop LAX to LHR in premium economy by Oceania. Unfortunately this flight was canceled last minute due to the British Air strike. Oceania was able to switch us to AA flight with a short stop in SFO. Just one hour in economy to San Francisco. We were satisfied with that arrangements.

Also, while we prefer to fly business to Europe this flight in premium economy was manageable and allowed us to save our airline miles for future travels. Unfortunately, with all cancellations this year we are stuck with a lot of miles and nowhere to travel for now.

1 hour ago, osandomir said:

It’s not true that Oceania won’t put you on the direct flight to Europe from the west coast. Last year for our London to NY cruise we were given non-stop LAX to LHR in premium economy by Oceania.

Thank you for confirming my point.

• Like 1

We are looking at the Marina transatlantic in November 2021. (We cancelled the 2020 sailing before final payment.) The 2021 cruise offers premium economy for $199 on the transatlantic flight. The cruise ends in Miami, so I assume it is regular economy for a domestic flight home. 

1 hour ago, Benita said:

We are looking at the Marina transatlantic in November 2021. (We cancelled the 2020 sailing before final payment.) The 2021 cruise offers premium economy for $199 on the transatlantic flight. The cruise ends in Miami, so I assume it is regular economy for a domestic flight home. 

I was looking at that in the O Club circular they sent out. It looks very appealing, 22 days from Venice. I'm sure that one is 2 segments together. If I knew for sure it would go I'd book it, but I"m not booking anything until the cruises are back up and going and we can see what the product is.

18 minutes ago, ORV said:

I was looking at that in the O Club circular they sent out. It looks very appealing, 22 days from Venice. I'm sure that one is 2 segments together. If I knew for sure it would go I'd book it, but I"m not booking anything until the cruises are back up and going and we can see what the product is.

That is what I saw, too. There is a shorter segment, too - Barcelona to Miami for 12 days. I agree that we will wait until the cruises are up and running and we are vaccinated.  Fingers crossed that this will be by the end of 2021.

4 hours ago, Benita said:

The 2021 cruise offers premium economy for $199 on the transatlantic flight. The cruise ends in Miami, so I assume it is regular economy for a domestic flight home. 

You need a flight  home from Miami??

5 hours ago, Benita said:

LOL- would probably have to connect in Atlanta. I posted that for the unfortunates who live elsewhere.

If you dock in Miami   yes the Domestic  flights from there to other airports in the US & Canada would not be PE

People could always  just book the  USA to BCN portion  & get the PE  seats  ( if available ) then book  whatever you like  from MIA to your home  city

I think they will give you a credit for 1/2 the  airfare ... someone will know for sure