Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

Royal Caribbean to deploy Spectrum of the Seas until April 2023

Royal Caribbean releases Spectrum of the Seas Ocean Getaway sailings from July to October this morning for booking. Sailing from Singapore, she will be sailing similar -3 and -4 Nights Ocean Getaway cruises (cruise to nowhere). That means after she will be sailing cruises with no ports when she starts operations next week on April 11, to October 21, 2022.

“We are excited that Spectrum of the Seas will call Singapore home for the year ahead; this Quantum Ultra Class ship brings a wealth of adventure across activities, entertainment and dining to our guests. Extending Spectrum’s Singapore season for a full year, demonstrates Royal Caribbean’s commitment to the market and underscores the growth potential for cruising in the region,” said Angie Stephen, vice president and managing director, Asia-Pacific, Royal Caribbean International. “We are thrilled with our success in having returned to sailing with Quantum of the Seas, and Spectrum is the opportunity to showcase innovation and bring holidaymakers even more incredible and memorable holidays.”

A Full Year Deployment Demonstrates Commitment to the Singapore Market

With Spectrum now confirming her Ocean Getaway deployments from April to October, and destination cruises from October to April 2023, guests will have plenty of time and selections to enjoy the new ship initially, and sail on them to port calls later in the year.

SCS-SCAprOct.png?format=1000w

Tentative schedule based on sailings that are open for sale online right now.

Spectrum will continue similar schedules, departing Singapore every Monday and Thursdays.

A Regional Homeport and the World’s Next Cruising Playground - International Guests are Welcome

“The arrival of Spectrum couldn’t have come at a better time, just as Singapore shifts towards general vaccinated travel and readies for a strong recovery. We will continue to work with Royal Caribbean and other industry partners to steer cruising in the region towards greater heights,” said Annie Chang, Director of Cruise, Singapore Tourism Board (STB). “Almost a half million people have sailed since Singapore restarted cruises in November 2020, including many first-time cruisers. We strongly believe that the popularity of cruising and our strong fundamentals will enable Southeast Asia to become the world’s next cruising playground.”

From 1st April, international guests can now fly into Singapore, regardless of nationality and region of residence on any flights without quarantine.

Royal Caribbean deploys spectrum of the seas for full year in singapore, now open for booking — Singapore Cruise Society (sgcruisesociety.com)

• Thanks 1

Royal Caribbean International teamed up with Village Roadshow Theme Parks before the debut home-porting of Quantum of the Seas at Brisbane’s new International Cruise Terminal from November 9.

Quantum passengers will have unlimited entry to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild and Paradise Country on the Gold Coast pre- or post-cruise.

They will also be offered a 15% pre-/post-cruise discount on accommodation at Sea World Resort.

‘We are delighted to be partnering with Village Roadshow Theme Parks, titans of the Australian tourism industry, to bring a whole new way to holiday in Queensland,’ Royal Caribbean International’s Marketing Director Australia and New Zealand Kathryn Lock said. 

Stay, play and cruise

Lock said this new stay, play and cruise partnership ‘ticks all the right boxes.’

‘Royal Caribbean is an incredible brand and I believe that with the great synergy between our offering and theirs we can offer travellers a world-class tourism experience,’ Village Roadshow Theme Parks COO Bikash Randhawa said.

‘I applaud Royal Caribbean and Village Roadshow for showcasing everything great about our city,’ Gold Coast Mayor Tom Tate said.

Royal Caribbean partners with Queensland theme parks operator (seatrade-cruise.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2024 (January-March) cruises from San Juan, Puerto Rico are available to book now. 

The ship is Jewel of the Seas. 7 nights,  Saturday to Saturday. Perhaps a Voyager-class ship will sail on Sundays? We'll see. 

Every week the itinerary is the same - sea day, Barbados, Trinidad, Tobago, St. Lucia, St. Maarten - except the week of 2/17 the ship stops in Dominica instead of St. Lucia. 

3 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

2024 (January-March) cruises from San Juan, Puerto Rico are available to book now. 

The ship is Jewel of the Seas. 7 nights,  Saturday to Saturday. Perhaps a Voyager-class ship will sail on Sundays? We'll see. 

Every week the itinerary is the same - sea day, Barbados, Trinidad, Tobago, St. Lucia, St. Maarten - except the week of 2/17 the ship stops in Dominica instead of St. Lucia. 

That is odd they aren’t varying the itinerary at all, and no ABC islands. Makes me think for sure there will be another ship home ported in San Juan. 

12 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

That is odd they aren’t varying the itinerary at all, and no ABC islands. Makes me think for sure there will be another ship home ported in San Juan. 

This is interesting, I just discovered that Jewel will be dual home-ported. You can board in Barbados for a 7 night cruise every week, Monday to Monday, from Mid-November 2023 to the end of March 2024. However I don't see why this would prevent an ABC itinerary with a stop in Barbados. 

The repositioning cruise in November 2023 goes from New Jersey to Aruba and Curacao then to San Juan.  

13 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

So, if Icon is going to be in Miami, I wonder if they'd switch Explorer down to SJ. Maybe we should all book Explorer now in the hope of getting switched to Icon! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Early 2024 deployments.  I have been searching for an early 2024 cruise and checking out all of the itineraries as they have been released. 

All ships except Serenade and Spectrum (and Icon) are accounted for now, here are their home ports the first few months of 2024:

Adventure - Galveston
Allure - Port Canaveral
Anthem - New Jersey
Brilliance - Tampa
Enchantment - Australia
Explorer - Miami
Freedom - Miami
Grandeur - Miami
Harmony - Galveston
Independence - Miami
Jewel - San Juan / Barbados
Liberty - Fort Lauderdale
Mariner - Port Canaveral
Navigator  - California
Oasis - Miami
Odyssey - Fort Lauderdale
Ovation - Australia
Quantum - Australia
Radiance - Tampa
Rhapsody - Panama / Colombia
Symphony - Fort Lauderdale
Vision - Baltimore
Voyager - Port Canaveral
Wonder - Port Canaveral

Maybe Serenade will become the Sunday-Sunday ship in San Juan.

My NextCruise Book Later certificate expires today, the winner is Jewel out of San Juan!

EDIT- I see there is a 2023-24 thread where I should have put this information, copying it over there now...

Edited by SG65CB

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

So, if Icon is going to be in Miami, I wonder if they'd switch Explorer down to SJ. Maybe we should all book Explorer now in the hope of getting switched to Icon! :classic_laugh:

Just off EX on a B2B a week ago out of SJ.  I would not recommend. Not the best of cruises for us.   😑

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Early 2024 deployments.  I have been searching for an early 2024 cruise and checking out all of the itineraries as they have been released. 

All ships except Serenade and Spectrum (and Icon) are accounted for now, here are their home ports the first few months of 2024:

Adventure - Galveston
Allure - Port Canaveral
Anthem - New Jersey
Brilliance - Tampa
Enchantment - Australia
Explorer - Miami
Freedom - Miami
Grandeur - Miami
Harmony - Galveston
Independence - Miami
Jewel - San Juan / Barbados
Liberty - Fort Lauderdale
Mariner - Port Canaveral
Navigator  - California
Oasis - Miami
Odyssey - Fort Lauderdale
Ovation - Australia
Quantum - Australia
Radiance - Tampa
Rhapsody - Panama / Colombia
Symphony - Fort Lauderdale
Vision - Baltimore
Voyager - Port Canaveral
Wonder - Port Canaveral

Maybe Serenade will become the Sunday-Sunday ship in San Juan.

My NextCruise Book Later certificate expires today, the winner is Jewel out of San Juan!

EDIT- I see there is a 2023-24 thread where I should have put this information, copying it over there now...

Are you sure Port Canaveral is going to have four ships home ported there?   

Serenade will be a bit busy with the Ultimate World Cruise...274 days taking up most of 2024.  I am on leg #1 and leg #4 which takes up a good chunk of my 2024 cruising season.  😉 

Edited by island lady

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Are you sure Port Canaveral is going to have four ships home ported there?   

Serenade will be a bit busy with the Ultimate World Cruise...274 days taking up most of 2024.  I am on leg #1 and leg #4 which takes up a good chunk of my 2024 cruising season.  😉 

Port Canaveral - Allure and Mariner are doing short cruises. Lots of weekday boarding days. For example Allure will be there on Mondays and Fridays. Wonder is the only ship doing 7 night cruises and is there every Sunday.

Enjoy that world cruise - sounds like a great experience!

I realize this is a Royal Caribbean group but today Celebrity cancelled the entire 2022-2023 season for Solstice in Asia. It was supposed to do cruises in Japan as well as cruises between Singapore and Hong Kong visiting Vietnam, Thailand, and the Philippines. 

More info here: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6893/

This is the fourth time our Best of Japan and Transpacific cruises on Celebrity have been cancelled. We have decided to not book any cruises in Asia until they begin operating successfully for at least a season.

There was mention that Solstice would be redeployed to the Mexican Riviera for the Fall 2022 season replacing Millennium. There is no word on where Solstice will be sailing in the winter and spring of 2023 before starting it's Alaska season.

This does not bode well for Royal Caribbean resuming normal operations in Asia any time soon.

Edited by eel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Vancouver-Cruiser said:

Does anyone have a guess as to when Icon will be available to book? We’re sailing now and if it’s likely to be within the next couple of months, I’ll but some coupons from the Nextcruise desk. 

That is the question a lot of us are waiting for RCI to answer.   The prediction so far is 'later this year'. 

Hope you are having a great cruise! 🙂

Edited by barbeyg

14 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

That is the question a lot of us are waiting for RCI to answer.   The prediction so far is 'later this year'. 

Thanks. We’re enjoying a great Alaskan cruise, on the Serenade. We’re also on Quantum in July so I may wait until then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vancouver-Cruiser said:

Does anyone have a guess as to when Icon will be available to book? We’re sailing now and if it’s likely to be within the next couple of months, I’ll but some coupons from the Nextcruise desk. 

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

According to the deployment schedule it appears to be the week of September 12.

While they did not specifically mention Icon they do state that more 7 day itineraries will be released that week for 2023 and 2024 sailings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

According to the deployment schedule it appears to be the week of September 12.

While they did not specifically mention Icon they do state that more 7 day itineraries will be released that week for 2023 and 2024 sailings. 

Thanks! That would be great. 😁