Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nice!!   🙂  Two of my favorite locations!  

Right now we are totally bummed...got the official notice that (once again) our Australia adventure from early March to May on Radiance was cancelled.   Last year...it was Australia Covid related...this time....totally RCI's fault.  

Email suggested moving over to Ovation.  Yeah right.  Can't match up any cabins for the legs, and nothing but connecting balconies in not so great locations.  Nothing from JS and up for the TP.  

Taking the refund.  

Sooo...we are still going to Hawaii, but will now be round trip airfare, and extended the land based VRBO tour.  Just booked another B2B on Wonder, and am booking Jewel again to take up the now empty March to April slot for 2023.  Sigh.....

I can't find the email you sent me.  What did you say you are doing for your big birthday celebration?

For my BIG March of 2023 celebration, we are doing a B2B on the Serenade (Tampa) starting on 2/22 & 3/4. The BIG anniversary celebration (#50) we will be on the Wonder starting on 6/25/23.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

For my BIG March of 2023 celebration, we are doing a B2B on the Serenade (Tampa) starting on 2/22 & 3/4. The BIG anniversary celebration (#50) we will be on the Wonder starting on 6/25/23.

Drats.   I have an appointment with Next Cruise here on EX in ten minutes.  Was all set to book Jewel out of PC for that time...but saw your cruise and just now tried to check it out.   Ugggh...all cabins from balcony and above are sold out on first leg.   Otherwise we were going to surprise you, and helped you celebrate the milestone.  

Would have switched if I could.  Sorry about that!  😞  

But we will see you in December and January on Jewel and Serenade anyway.  🙂 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Drats.   I have an appointment with Next Cruise here on EX in ten minutes.  Was all set to book Jewel out of PC for that time...but saw your cruise and just now tried to check it out.   Ugggh...all cabins from balcony and above are sold out on first leg.   Otherwise we were going to surprise you, and helped you celebrate the milestone.  

Would have switched if I could.  Sorry about that!  😞  

But we will see you in December and January on Jewel and Serenade anyway.  🙂 

Birthday and Anniversary presents can still be sent to our home address!!!!!

Would have loved to have had the surprise.....................we will still "celebrate" in December & January!!!!

• Like 1

So....Radiance Australia TP cancelled. That means lift and shift for the 4th time. Not moving to Ovation....it's just too large. Enchantment TP 2024 was the only choice. Got the corner JS aft cabin on the morning sun side plus another $200 in OBC.

Guess we'll book a TA to replace April 2023. 

Edited by Beachammo

18 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Birthday and Anniversary presents can still be sent to our home address!!!!!

Would have loved to have had the surprise.....................we will still "celebrate" in December & January!!!!

LOL!!  It's a date!!  🙂  

Man...having Next Cruise just a couple of decks down from us is dangerous! 😮  Booked another Wonder B2B on first day, the Jewel B2B yesterday....now have decided to re-join Serenade on World Cruise, booking the last (4th) leg.  Puts us on first and last legs of that.  Gives us a break inbetween.  😉 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!!  It's a date!!  🙂  

Man...having Next Cruise just a couple of decks down from us is dangerous! 😮  Booked another Wonder B2B on first day, the Jewel B2B yesterday....now have decided to re-join Serenade on World Cruise, booking the last (4th) leg.  Puts us on first and last legs of that.  Gives us a break inbetween.  😉 

Good for you.............enjoy the Serenade and think of the poor old folks at home!!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Good for you.............enjoy the Serenade and think of the poor old folks at home!!!!!

LOL...we will just be poor (getting more poor by the day ) old folks on a little ship.  😉 

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...we will just be poor (getting more poor by the day ) old folks on a little ship.  😉 

Both my Divorced Parents saved and saved, have the Funds but now not physically able Travel. Shoot my 12yr old Grand Daughter has been more places and done more things. Money, can't take it with you. Wish I was able join you on a Leg, Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL!!  It's a date!!  🙂  

Good for you!  Sorry about the Radiance cancellations.  Maybe 2025 for Australia????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Both my Divorced Parents saved and saved, have the Funds but now not physically able Travel. Shoot my 12yr old Grand Daughter has been more places and done more things. Money, can't take it with you. Wish I was able join you on a Leg, Enjoy!

Our dearly departed favorite aunt and uncle had the funds....and knew what was coming.  They went on so many world adventures...it was amazing!  They did it all while they still could...then couldn't do it any longer and moved into Assisted Living.  They had a ton of memories to take with them when they passed away.  

We are determined to follow their sunset of life pattern they set...and hoping they are smiling at us.  🥰

Wise words once heard:  When is the last time you saw a UHaul truck attached to a hearse?  😉  

Indeed...you can't take it with you.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MindyJohn said:

Good for you!  Sorry about the Radiance cancellations.  Maybe 2025 for Australia????

You got it!  Now have our sights set on the 24/25 season for Australia.   May not be RCI though.  😉 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 8:51 AM, springaussie said:

Has the 1% onboard for Covid Cases rule for most of the Caribbean Ports been scrapped?

This caused issues in January. 

I’ve noticed spectrum has a 3 months hole in it’s Singapore deployment.

It seems it’s last cruise is early July and it returns in late October?

Any idea where it goes for 3 months?

7ACAFAA2-5F10-4226-BB5B-5FEBA2F3BE45.thumb.jpeg.1724175110963415a6a89ee6d6e064ba.jpeg436DE0C8-174C-472A-87F0-2505F081B41A.thumb.png.0567294dae51a03ef2745a1cfed40efa.png

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I’ve noticed spectrum has a 3 months hole in it’s Singapore deployment.

It seems it’s last cruise is early July and it returns in late October?

Any idea where it goes for 3 months?

7ACAFAA2-5F10-4226-BB5B-5FEBA2F3BE45.thumb.jpeg.1724175110963415a6a89ee6d6e064ba.jpeg436DE0C8-174C-472A-87F0-2505F081B41A.thumb.png.0567294dae51a03ef2745a1cfed40efa.png

I noticed yesterday that China was still on sale for Spectrum during this time.

I went looking in Darwin and Brisbane to see if I could see Spectrum but no luck. LOL

I assume Spectrum will be in Singapore during this time. Australia a remote possibility but don’t rule it out. 

4 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I went looking in Darwin and Brisbane to see if I could see Spectrum but no luck. LOL

I assume Spectrum will be in Singapore during this time. Australia a remote possibility but don’t rule it out. 

It looks like it’s going back to Shanghai. I really can’t see that happening.

It would be nice to see it Sydney and Brisbane doing test cruises and maybe take some of our medical staff out .

And what is going to replace it in Singapore is the big question because it looks like there’s no ships of any brand there for that period.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It looks like it’s going back to Shanghai. I really can’t see that happening.

It would be nice to see it Sydney and Brisbane doing test cruises and maybe take some of our medical staff out .

And what is going to replace it in Singapore is the big question because it looks like there’s no ships of any brand there for that period.

Singapore needs an Oasis ship year round. 
For all that Singapore has done for Royal over the years I feel Royal doesn’t reward them as they should. 
I doubt China will have any Royal cruises this year. Australians have received refunds for these cruises a few months ago. 
I noticed that Spectrum is the only ship ATM in Singapore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, springaussie said:

99% she'll remain in Singapore, itineraries not announced yet. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, springaussie said:

Singapore needs an Oasis ship year round. 
For all that Singapore has done for Royal over the years I feel Royal doesn’t reward them as they should. 
I doubt China will have any Royal cruises this year. Australians have received refunds for these cruises a few months ago. 
I noticed that Spectrum is the only ship ATM in Singapore. 

Yes Royal owns a monopoly in the Singapore market, currently and for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

2023 Deployment Summary PDF here: https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/deployment/2023_2024/2023_Deployment_Summary_Guide.pdf

Icon is listed as coming soon. I’m guessing she’ll be doing the 7 nighters from Miami.

I don’t see any ships coming back to Boston in the fall of 2023 on the chart. I can’t imagine them having no fall sailings from Boston. 

I have heard from a good source that if noumea and vanuatu aren’t open to cruise ships. The coming season will not be viable for Royal Caribbean.

My thoughts are if the islands aren’t open to cruise ships Quantum will probably go to Singapore and Ovation May float of the west coast again.

Here is the current vaccination rates.

5DCF03AC-5590-417E-9095-3A86DA6BFA2E.thumb.jpeg.b8770c551dabde99b06a515a01e44e12.jpegBC81A3E2-07E4-4B7A-B151-D81478E67A27.thumb.jpeg.ce097c9b5edb084426c26ab949d51ba7.jpeg

• Thanks 1