Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

35 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Hoping Serenade still sails round trip from Vancouver for our Sept 2022 cruise. Been looking at flights but holding off until this is certain. Any thoughts when we'll have an idea about this?

During these crazy times when they are making major changes as if all they are doing is delaying the sail away time... no way to know.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

She was supposed to reposition Vancouver to Seattle for her first 2022 Alaska cruise.  They are now starting her from Seattle.  The May 9th sailing has been modified to change departure city.  This suggests she will come from where ever straight to Seattle which means it won't be coming from Honolulu with guests.

This is interesting, because I had brought this up for the Ovation, May 5 2022, 8 day sailing also on the Roll Call. Since they cancelled Hawaii, there was no reason to start her from Vancouver now.

4 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

This is interesting, because I had brought this up for the Ovation, May 5 2022, 8 day sailing also on the Roll Call. Since they cancelled Hawaii, there was no reason to start her from Vancouver now.

Vancouver is challenging for Q class due to tides and the bridge clearance.  They can only transit at very specific times of least tidal currents near a low tide (slack tide).  They make it happen but it's a PITA for them.  

I would not be surprised at all if Ovation is redeployed next.   

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Vancouver is challenging for Q class due to tides and the bridge clearance.  They can only transit at very specific times of least tidal currents near a low tide (slack tide).  They make it happen but it's a PITA for them.  

I would not be surprised at all if Ovation is redeployed next.   

They are still selling it as an 8 day Repo to get her to Seattle, but because of what you stated and no longer a need to satisfy PVSA, I believe you may be correct, and she will just start in Seattle. Especially if she keeps sticking around here…LOL This cruise was the last of 5 legs I had booked, starting in Sydney, but the previous 4 legs were cancelled.

47 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

They are still selling it as an 8 day Repo to get her to Seattle, but because of what you stated and no longer a need to satisfy PVSA, I believe you may be correct, and she will just start in Seattle. Especially if she keeps sticking around here…LOL This cruise was the last of 5 legs I had booked, starting in Sydney, but the previous 4 legs were cancelled.

Well, it looks like you don't have a leg to stand on.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I just got a email from Gavin Smith of RC Sydney and he said they will be bringing a ship to Sydney mid 2022.

He said there’s a couple of ships they are thinking about.

So what ships are available to be deployed in Australia from say April-May over our winter till the usual October start .?

Radiance is a possibility,I know it’s got Alaska but they could bring Brilliance through the Panama to replace it.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I just got a email from Gavin Smith of RC Sydney and he said they will be bringing a ship to Sydney mid 2022.

So what ships are available to be deployed in Australia from say April-May over our winter till the usual October start .?

Radiance is a possibility,I know it’s got Alaska but they could bring Brilliance through the Panama to replace it.

Probably more of a decision based on what is available at the time. 

Radiance and Spectrum are sure starters as far as I see it. 

Does Royal need 4 ships in Alaska in 2022 OR will the authorities cut the number of ships in Alaska in 2022?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Probably more of a decision based on what is available at the time. 

Radiance and Spectrum are sure starters as far as I see it. 

Does Royal need 4 ships in Alaska in 2022 OR will the authorities cut the number of ships in Alaska in 2022?

I don’t know how Navigator is going for bookings,they could send it to Alaska to replace something.

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Sounds promising.  Deployed to Sydney or Brisbane?   
I guess one of the Florida based Radiance class ships gets re-deployed.  

31 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Sounds promising.  Deployed to Sydney or Brisbane?   
I guess one of the Florida based Radiance class ships gets re-deployed.  

He said,

Once we confirm details with the australian government.

We look forward to welcoming a Royal Caribbean ship back to Sydney Mid 2022.

I would say we will find out within a couple of weeks as they will need the 4-5 months to sell cabins.

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Once we confirm details with the australian government.

We look forward to welcoming a Royal Caribbean ship back to Sydney Mid 2022.

I would say we will find out within a couple of weeks as they will need the 4-5 months to sell cabins.

I guess I am confused.  I thought there was already ships to book from Sydney and Brisbane late 2022 to early 2023.  We are booked on Quantum from Brisbane to Hawaii in 2023.  Although we may cancel if they skip French Polynesia.  

23 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I guess I am confused.  I thought there was already ships to book from Sydney and Brisbane late 2022 to early 2023.  We are booked on Quantum from Brisbane to Hawaii in 2023.  Although we may cancel if they skip French Polynesia.  

Royal usually only has ships in Australia from October to March,our summer.

This is speculation of a ship during our winter ,April-May through to Christmas .

• Like 2

With Royal possibly coming to Oz mid 2022 it remains to be seen what the actual details of the return to cruising will be here in Australia.

Here are some questions I would like the answers to. 

What are the acceptable numbers for Covid Cases on the ship?

Do we have to pay for any of the Covid Tests to cruise? 

Is cruise over at the next port if I get Covid?

Will all ports come onboard?

When will the South Pacific open up to cruising?

How long will the Oz only cruises be running?

Will the Hawaii to Australia cruises in September 2022 be able to take passengers?  ( I doubt it)

Does a cap apply to the number of cruise ships for the 22/23 season?

Edited by springaussie

18 minutes ago, springaussie said:

With Royal possibly coming to Oz mid 2022 it remains to be seen what the actual details of the return to cruising will be here in Australia.

Here are some questions I would like the answers to. 

What are the acceptable numbers for Covid Cases on the ship?

Do we have to pay for any of the Covid Tests to cruise? 

Is cruise over at the next port if I get Covid?

Will all ports come onboard?

When will the South Pacific open up to cruising?

How long will the Oz only cruises be running?

Will the Hawaii to Australia cruises in September 2022 be able to take passengers?  ( I doubt it)

Does a cap apply to the number of cruise ships for the 22/23 season?

What ever the answers are it’s better than flying to Singapore.

I heard there’s something like 8 hours paperwork not to mention $1,000 worth of tests to cruise in Singapore. 6 tests at $200 each  I believe 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

We just booked the Wonder for 6/25/2023 for our 50th wedding anniversary............a bit pricey but we have a year and a half to look for some price reductions!!!!!!!!

Oh wow....congrats Gary and Mary!!  Big milestone coming up...woooohoo!!   

Wish we could join you, but we have already booked a rental home in Maine again for 2023.  Have a fantabulous time on the the Wonder!  🙂 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh wow....congrats Gary and Mary!!  Big milestone coming up...woooohoo!!   

Wish we could join you, but we have already booked a rental home in Maine again for 2023.  Have a fantabulous time on the the Wonder!  🙂 

Thank you...........we are still accepting donations to the "Go Fund a Wizards Cruise" if you are so inclined🤑

• Like 2