Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

8 minutes ago, ShazM said:

They would have to replace it with something else though because the cruises were all heavily booked, including my transpacific.

I have a couple of guarantee bookings and was checking the availability of cabins and yes heavily booked.

Maybe they will swap for a bigger ship? But what?
Maybe our government has set a cap on the percentage and it’s over sold?

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I have a couple of guarantee bookings and was checking the availability of cabins and yes heavily booked.

Maybe they will swap for a bigger ship? But what?
Maybe our government has set a cap on the percentage and it’s over sold?

I just saw a comment from someone that there are whispers that it will be Spectrum but who knows

18 minutes ago, ShazM said:

I just saw a comment from someone that there are whispers that it will be Spectrum but who knows

If it was a ship swap and it was spectrum,what would replace it in Singapore?

I don’t think it would,   I believe Singapore has a agreement to have a quantum at least.And Singapore has been good to RC over the pandemic.
But let’s see .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Radiance seems to have disappeared from the booking sites.That’s RC and agents that have live booking.

On Thursday in cruise weekly, Gavin Smith only mention Ovation and Quantum coming to Australia during the 2022/23 season. There was no mention of Radiance in the article, which I felt strange if it was coming down for the season.

36 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

On Thursday in cruise weekly, Gavin Smith only mention Ovation and Quantum coming to Australia during the 2022/23 season. There was no mention of Radiance in the article, which I felt strange if it was coming down for the season.

I noticed that Michael but if radiance is dropped it’s a lot of money and good will down the drain for RC Australia.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Yep but I still think they have to replace it with another ship then because all cruises were heavily booked on Radiance. Also on the news the other night after the announcement that the cruise ban had been lifted they were talking to someone senior at the cruise terminal in Sydney and he was talking about Quantum and Spectrum sailing out of Brisbane and Sydney. At the time I thought he had just made a mistake and meant to say Ovation but there is some talk that Spectrum may replace Radiance. That is all it is at this stage though, talk.

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I noticed that Michael but if radiance is dropped it’s a lot of money and good will down the drain for RC Australia.

It's all hypothetical at this point but this is on the Royal Caribbean Australia Cruise Forum, the post from Sue Chris Williams

276131024_2590258494452476_1538736670994833452_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=7tpkgogL7soAX8RFQL-&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd11-2.fna&oh=00_AT96ujZS6WfdxMFw4reCTSoLCsKHBb1MPaKjEt9Jy-ULPg&oe=623BDFB0

10 minutes ago, ShazM said:

Yep but I still think they have to replace it with another ship then because all cruises were heavily booked on Radiance. Also on the news the other night after the announcement that the cruise ban had been lifted they were talking to someone senior at the cruise terminal in Sydney and he was talking about Quantum and Spectrum sailing out of Brisbane and Sydney. At the time I thought he had just made a mistake and meant to say Ovation but there is some talk that Spectrum may replace Radiance. That is all it is at this stage though, talk.

Spectrum can’t replace Radiance unless they change a lot of the ports like Newcastle  and Melbourne .

My mind keeps coming back to Voyager and the troubles in the Baltic.

8 minutes ago, ShazM said:

It's all hypothetical at this point but this is on the Royal Caribbean Australia Cruise Forum, the post from Sue Chris Williams

276131024_2590258494452476_1538736670994833452_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=7tpkgogL7soAX8RFQL-&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd11-2.fna&oh=00_AT96ujZS6WfdxMFw4reCTSoLCsKHBb1MPaKjEt9Jy-ULPg&oe=623BDFB0

Someone else said expect a email on Monday.

If so Gavin Smith’s email address and private number  will be widely available for anyone who wants it.

Edited by Chiliburn

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Spectrum can’t replace Radiance unless they change a lot of the ports like Newcastle  and Melbourne .

My mind keeps coming back to Voyager and the troubles in the Baltic.

I would be happy with a Voyager class

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

I don't think there will be a replacement ship for Radiance, as it seems Royal may take a more conservative start to cruising from Australia, in only domestic cruises with the  odd one to New Zealand.

There’s going to be some bad will if they don’t have a replacement.

Princess will be starting to look pretty good but by the looks of some of the Princess cronies on the ANZ forum, I probably wouldn’t fit in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s going to be some bad will if they don’t have a replacement.

Princess will be starting to look pretty good but by the looks of some of the Princess cronies on the ANZ forum, I probably wouldn’t fit in.

I agree with the bad will without the replacement, but I guess they are trying to put there assets where they will make money. Any idea why Enchantment is coming down under in the 2023/24 season?

Don't worry about not fitting in on Princess, as I like to "come back new"  when I cruise with them.

1 minute ago, resordanis said:

Perhaps Enchantment? That was the other shop mentioned in our email of yesterday.I don’t care as long as I get my long awaited Xmas cruise!

Enchantment is coming in the 2023/24 season, which opens this week.

3 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

I agree with the bad will without the replacement, but I guess they are trying to put there assets where they will make money. Any idea why Enchantment is coming down under in the 2023/24 season?

Don't worry about not fitting in on Princess, as I like to "come back new"  when I cruise with them.

Enchantment is coming in the 2023/24 season, which opens this week.

I bet my last crown & anchor  drinks voucher enchantment doesn’t come to Sydney.
‘A small ship like that is valuable where big ships can’t go.

They won’t pull it out of Baltimore.

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I bet my last crown & anchor  drinks voucher enchantment doesn’t come to Sydney.
‘A small ship like that is valuable where big ships can’t go.

They won’t pull it out of Baltimore.

As long as I get 2 replacement cruises! As I said before, just when we were excited about ships coming too Australia, this could be another 2 cancelled in a week. Princess has done the same!

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I seem to recall Vision already penciled in for Baltimore.

I think it was the speculation going around that enchantment is replacing Radiance in Sydney 22-23.

As for 23-24 and enchantment being deployed to Sydney,I think it’s just a place holder. Possibly for icon.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

I don't recall seeing any Test Loads last few Days, anyone see them? Funny thing it seems like Release's keep getting pushed/Delayed, but this is the norm and in last 10yrs think last dates are always May with some yrs into June. Funny thing is this has always benefited people like me that jump on my Favorite Cabin WHENEVER the Sailings are released. This happens sometime between Nov and May/June and 12am to 1159pm. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Radiance seems to have disappeared from the booking sites.That’s RC and agents that have live booking.

It is still showing in Hawaii for the trans pacific though.

Radiance was pretty heavily booked so I don’t think the itinerary would be canceled.

I have several cruises booked that totally disappeared from website and even competitor's website.  Pretty sure those are simply sold out...or as sold out as RCI wants if still keeping some degree of capacity control.  None of those show as cancelled.  

44 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have several cruises booked that totally disappeared from website and even competitor's website.  Pretty sure those are simply sold out...or as sold out as RCI wants if still keeping some degree of capacity control.  None of those show as cancelled.  

I have that effect on cruises too...........I book them - they disappear.............Hmmmmmm!!!!

See you soon in a port near you????

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 7:53 AM, cruise wizard said:

I have that effect on cruises too...........I book them - they disappear.............Hmmmmmm!!!!

See you soon in a port near you????

We are on EX in St. Maarten right now....docked right next to beautiful Wonder...our home away from home for 4 weeks starting in mid October.  🙂  

Going to the ABCs this week, will be on port intense (no sea days) next week as well.  

Where are you and NICE Mary?  

56 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are on EX in St. Maarten right now....docked right next to beautiful Wonder...our home away from home for 4 weeks starting in mid October.  🙂  

Going to the ABCs this week, will be on port intense (no sea days) next week as well.  

Where are you and NICE Mary?  

We are home until 4/3 when we start our B2B on Harmony.............then home for 3 days and then fly out to Vancouver for a B2B on the Eclipse (Hawaii) and then S2S on the Serenade on 5/15 for 7 night Alaska.