Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

10 hours ago, steamboats said:

Blue Lagoon and Sky Lagoon are two different things ;-). Sky Lagoon is in Reykjavik while the Blue Lagoon is closer to the airport (and the volcano).

Tried the volcano last year but it was quiet that day.

steamboats

Ahhh I read too fast - definitely know those are two totally different places LOL. No coffee when responding this morning yet. So sorry for the confusion. Blue Lagoon is the excursion that was offered for Saturday that we are doing from the ship.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MandyGirl said:

Ahhh I read too fast - definitely know those are two totally different places LOL. No coffee when responding this morning yet. So sorry for the confusion. Blue Lagoon is the excursion that was offered for Saturday that we are doing from the ship.

Then we may see us on Saturday!

steamboats

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 8:12 AM, SpacemanSpiff said:

After looking at this I actually checked out the menus linked in the article (NCL's site). Now It's been a while, but when did specialty restaurants stop having a flat fee and move to a la carte pricing? Was absolutely not prepared for that. On the other hand the food hall is listed under "dining" and mentions only Coco's is not a complimentary spot. I'm on Viva in 2024 so it'll be awhile and I think our booking came with a dining package.

2 hours ago, gottacruisemore said:

After looking at this I actually checked out the menus linked in the article (NCL's site). Now It's been a while, but when did specialty restaurants stop having a flat fee and move to a la carte pricing? Was absolutely not prepared for that. On the other hand the food hall is listed under "dining" and mentions only Coco's is not a complimentary spot. I'm on Viva in 2024 so it'll be awhile and I think our booking came with a dining package.

Depends on the restaurant, but it's been that way for a while. The hibachi place is a flat fee, Moderno is a flat fee, and everything else has been a la carte for as long as I've been sailing with them.

That's why the free at sea dining plan is such a good deal. You don't have to worry about any of those prices and just pig out.

• Like 5

I can use the free at sea dining in every restaurant like the normal dining package I can buy or?

it shows me at the free at see only me bistro and cagneys and at the dining package I think all and at food republic 4 items. 

2 hours ago, Steff79 said:

I can use the free at sea dining in every restaurant like the normal dining package I can buy or?

it shows me at the free at see only me bistro and cagneys and at the dining package I think all and at food republic 4 items. 

The free dinners you get in the Free at sea promotion are usable in every specialty restaurant of the ship. You make your normal dinner reservations and when you arrive at the restaurant, they will check your account and if you have any free dinner available, they will use it for your dinner.  Free dinners are not linked to any reservation until you show up at the restaurant

In some restaurants, some items trigger an upcharge. (Lobster at Le Bistro and few more items).  they are clearly indicated on the menu

Edited by BenCoudon
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Someone in one of my facebook groups posted the mobile menu for the MDR from their app.  I am guessing they are on one of the first cruises.  If any of you also are, looks like the menus for stuff might be online for you now?

Yep, I can see 'sample menus' for all restaurants in the app for Sept 23 sailing. 😋

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mast3rn8 said:

Yep, I can see 'sample menus' for all restaurants in the app for Sept 23 sailing. 😋

BTW, I know there was some concern with the announcement that NCL wasn't going to rotate their MDR meals in the Prima class, like was traditionally done in the cruise industry.  But after looking at the menu for Hudson's, I'm not worried -- it's quite a diverse menu!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

BTW, I know there was some concern with the announcement that NCL wasn't going to rotate their MDR meals in the Prima class, like was traditionally done in the cruise industry.  But after looking at the menu for Hudson's, I'm not worried -- it's quite a diverse menu!

Ditto! Was thinking the same thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mast3rn8 said:

Ditto! Was thinking the same thing.

They starting with the Prima and this will be implemented throughout the fleet

They said the menu will have much more choice than the current one.

Lets wait to see what it looks like before to express concerns

5 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Someone in one of my facebook groups posted the mobile menu for the MDR from their app.  I am guessing they are on one of the first cruises.  If any of you also are, looks like the menus for stuff might be online for you now?

Looks good, but I'm disappointed that there's no pound cake French toast at breakfast.

21 minutes ago, AlanRRT said:

Looks good, but I'm disappointed that there's no pound cake French toast at breakfast.

That does sound good, but I'm not turning my nose up at cinnamon raisin brioche french toast. I'm actually looking forward to the food offerings!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronheg said:

Where will the prima be in october and november 2023?  It doesn’t appear in find a cruise.

has NCL not released yet.

at October 8th is the Prima at the port list at Leixoes from La Coruna to Lissabon.

maybe to early for the TA so i think she will go to med, Rome ? before the ta? or a cruise or two at  the med? we will see