ABC of Ports in Photos

DamianG

I hope you don't mind me going back to X as I suddenly remembered that our Celebrity Millennium cruise itinerary said Beijing but we actually docked in a very industrial port named Xiangang. The port is a 45 minute drive to the huge city of Tianjin and a 90 minute drive from Beijing.

Tianjin has a population of 17,000,000 and has a charming old town set in the middle of this huge new and modern city. The first 2 pictures are of Xiangang port and the others are of Tianjin... 

Celebrity Millennium, Xiangang,Tianjin, China (2).JPG

Celebrity Millennium, Xiangang,Tianjin, China (3).JPG

IMG_8869.JPG

IMG_8889.JPG

IMG_E0662.JPG

IMG_E0708.JPG

• Like 9

My last Ys are from our river cruise in Myanmar which began in Yangon, I haven' got any pictures of the ship but these are of the Shwedagon Temple which is the  most stunning temple I have ever visited..

APT Princess Panwah, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma). The Shwedagon Temple

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma). The Shwedagon Temple (1).JPG

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma). The Shwedagon Temple (2).JPG

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma). The Shwedagon Temple (3).JPG

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Izzywiz said:

My last Ys are from our river cruise in Myanmar which began in Yangon, I haven' got any pictures of the ship but these are of the Shwedagon Temple which is the  most stunning temple I have ever visited..

APT Princess Panwah, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma). The Shwedagon Temple

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma). The Shwedagon Temple (1).JPG

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma). The Shwedagon Temple (2).JPG

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma). The Shwedagon Temple (3).JPG

Amazing colours!

My last contribution to this amazing post are my Zs and I'm taking a bit of poetic licence with these. The first 5 were taken in Stone Town, Zanzibar and the last 2 were on a lake cruise on Lake Kariba in Zimbabwe. 

I must thank everyone who has posted pictures as I have loved seeing them all and also exploring my own pictures....so many happy memories!!!!

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania

The Umbozha, Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania (1).JPG

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania (2).JPG

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania (3).JPG

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania (4).JPG

Fred Olsen Boudicca, Stone Town, Zanzibar, Tanzania (5).JPG

The Umbozha, Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe (1).JPG

The Umbozha, Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe (2).JPG

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Zeebrugge on Oceana February 2018. We went to Ypres and was very lucky with the weather as you can see.

DC9E43A5-0993-42CD-A82C-DC1140B2E5E8.jpeg

7391C7C0-90C3-490D-B49F-191625EF2DAF.jpeg

4F40993E-92D5-4A05-A868-FD84E486E374.jpeg

I was going to do a couple from Ypres but I’ll just let everyone enjoy yours as they would be very similar.  It was one of the best, if not the best, excursions we’ve done. Our guide was excellent and it was very informative and very, very moving.

• Like 2

I'm so disappointed we're coming to the end . I haven't posted because I don't know how to, but I've enjoyed seeing all the wonderful photographs of places  that everyone's explored and reliving your cruising memories with you. I've seen places I've visited, places I'd love to visit, places I will  be visting and  some places I'd never heard of. It's been a wonderful journey and thank you Damien for starting this thread and everyone who posted. Hopefully it can  still carry on. 😊

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm so disappointed we're coming to the end . I haven't posted because I don't know how to, but I've enjoyed seeing all the wonderful photographs of places  that everyone's explored and reliving your cruising memories with you. I've seen places I've visited, places I'd love to visit, places I will  be visting and  some places I'd never heard of. It's been a wonderful journey and thank you Damien for starting this thread and everyone who posted. Hopefully it can  still carry on. 😊

Avril

Avril.

I post on my Android phone.

You need to click on quote like I did with your post.

Click on Click To Choose Files.

If you click on files you get through to your phone photos or when posting you can click on camera and take a photo which goes straight on to your post.

Graham.

Screenshot_20200908_212736_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200908_212752_android.jpg

1 hour ago, zoe sproodle said:

I was going to do a couple from Ypres but I’ll just let everyone enjoy yours as they would be very similar.  It was one of the best, if not the best, excursions we’ve done. Our guide was excellent and it was very informative and very, very moving.

Yes we had a great day, very moving as you said. We also got quite a lot of free time in the pretty town of Ypres.

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I echo Avril, it’s been a fantastic thread. Thanks Damien and everyone who contributed. 

My thanks too.

One of the best threads I have been on and it was fantastic seeing all the photos and people's views on places.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We took this tour with Pauline's late dad who really enjoyed it as he was ex army.

Thank you for the help on posting photos, but they aren't on my phone. They're mostly on Frank's digital camera, and a few on his tablet. I've asked David to show me how to get them from the camera to my laptop and then to post them but "I've no time now Grandma, I'll do it for you later". Still waiting😁

Avril

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you for the help on posting photos, but they aren't on my phone. They're mostly on Frank's digital camera, and a few on his tablet. I've asked David to show me how to get them from the camera to my laptop and then to post them but "I've no time now Grandma, I'll do it for you later". Still waiting😁

Avril

You are welcome.

Why not Google how to do this yourself?.

We take all our photos on our Huawei phone's and the quality is excellent.

To print photos you can use Bluetooth or the SIM goes into the machine at a photo shop to download them for printing.

Edited by grapau27

4 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I wish to echo my thanks to DamianG for starting this thread. 

The pictures have been excellent and it's so nice to see a thread full of positive comments.

Peter

And from me as well, Thanks Damien, hope you have your next photo topic already lined up

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Izzywiz said:

I hope you don't mind me going back to X as I suddenly remembered that our Celebrity Millennium cruise itinerary said Beijing but we actually docked in a very industrial port named Xiangang. The port is a 45 minute drive to the huge city of Tianjin and a 90 minute drive from Beijing.

Tianjin has a population of 17,000,000 and has a charming old town set in the middle of this huge new and modern city. The first 2 pictures are of Xiangang port and the others are of Tianjin... 

Celebrity Millennium, Xiangang,Tianjin, China (2).JPG

Celebrity Millennium, Xiangang,Tianjin, China (3).JPG

IMG_8869.JPG

IMG_8889.JPG

IMG_E0662.JPG

IMG_E0708.JPG

Brilliant! I knew we could rely on you for "X's & Y's"!

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1