Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

I haven't had a go in this round so

44 Kangaroo Island

Sorry @sfred

It was a happy coincidence that the anagram "Adorning Koalas" actually managed to provide a hint to its location. I understand from what I've found there are koalas on Kangeroo Island as an introduced species.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, North West Newbie said:

@sfred, I was expecting you to have jumped in to get #44!!

23 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

44 Kangaroo Island

Sorry @sfred

16 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

It was a happy coincidence that the anagram "Adorning Koalas" actually managed to provide a hint to its location. I understand from what I've found there are koalas on Kangeroo Island as an introduced species.

No worries, @Host Hattie.  There's no way I ever would've solved that one.  I'm really good at three letter Scrabble anagrams ("cat" from "tac"), passable at 4 or 5 letters, and generally hopeless afterward. 

@bluemarbleyou are correct about Kangaroo Island having lots of koalas.  The wife and I have been there twice with Cunard, on QV and QM2.  Both days were wonderful.  On QM2 we were traveling with some overseas friends, and were fortunate to spot several koalas in the wild in trees adjacent to the car park for Admirals Arch and the Remarkables.  I contributed a QV photo at Penneshaw (the "port metropolis" for Kangaroo Island) earlier in this port spotting competition, which @Host Hattiecorrectly solved.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

44 Kangaroo Island

Sorry @sfred

I couldn't do that and found myself scanning the brochure for somewhere that might fit, and couldn't find anywhere. I now find I had written it down as 'adminring koalas'. No wonder I was stuck. Does the word moron suggest itself?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I couldn't do that and found myself scanning the brochure for somewhere that might fit, and couldn't find anywhere. I now find I had written it down as 'adminring koalas'. No wonder I was stuck. Does the word moron suggest itself?

Don't feel too bad. I originally mistyped that anagram as "Adoring Koalas" without the 'n'. Fortunately I caught that mistake before posting it. That would have caused some confusion.

By the way, I've found another pair of Cunard destinations that possibly qualify as two distinct ports with the same name.

St. Vincent, Grenadines

St. Vincent, Cape Verde Islands

Those are both islands rather than specific ports on those islands, but that's how they appear in the Cunard itineraries. QM2 called at St. Vincent, Grenadines during her 2005 Christmas cruise while QE and QV have called at St. Vincent, Cape Verde Islands on several occasions.

I have enough port name anagrams worked out for a couple more rounds. I'll post the next batch later today. I'm aiming for somewhere around noon my time, 6:00pm UK time.

• Like 1

Here's another round of 15 more port name anagrams. I'm running low on longer port names with anagrams of four words or more so most of these are fairly short.

Please pick one of these to solve per day. You're welcome to answer even if you solved one today from the previous round.

Cunard Port Name Anagrams (Round 6)
51.  Shored
52.  Real Mop
53.  Moon Sky
54.  Our Canal
55.  Corn Geek
56.  Rice Fare
57.  Great Vans
58.  Hear Conga
59.  Mad Retort
60.  Metal Fern
61.  No Tan Cats
62.  Can Let Room
63.  Big Plush Rip
64.  A Dual Receptor
65.  I Rejoin A Doer

20 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

61 Constanta

is No 64 correct spelling?

Yes, I believe the spelling for 64 is correct. I double checked it now just to be sure. It is a rare Cunard port though, only appearing twice on the scheduled itineraries I have. It has not been mentioned on this thread yet.