Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

I'm moving this forward to make it easier to work with on this new page of posts. I've indicated the answers for those that have been solved so far.

Cunard Port Name Anagrams ( Round 8 )
81.  Solo  (Oslo)
82.  Pages  (Gaspé)
83.  Inward
84.  Upraise
85.  Scariest
86.  Red Novel
87.  Vast Horn  (Torshavn)
88.  Anvil Ace
89.  Deal Idea
90.  Plover Oil  (Liverpool)
91.  Sunny Dale
92.  A Cola Cup
93.  Not A Word
94.  A Tall Vet
95.  Big Sly Elk
96.  Drama Tour Fee
97.  Large Bush Rhino
98.  I Have Civic Act  (Civitavecchia)
99.  A Madagascar Sail Planner  (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria)
100. I Rule This Great Anagram

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I'm moving this forward to make it easier to work with on this new page of posts. I've indicated the answers for those that have been solved so far.

Cunard Port Name Anagrams ( Round 8 )
81.  Solo  (Oslo)
82.  Pages  (Gaspé)
83.  Inward   (Darwin)
84.  Upraise
85.  Scariest
86.  Red Novel
87.  Vast Horn  (Torshavn)
88.  Anvil Ace
89.  Deal Idea
90.  Plover Oil  (Liverpool)
91.  Sunny Dale
92.  A Cola Cup   (Acapulco)
93.  Not A Word
94.  A Tall Vet   (Valletta)
95.  Big Sly Elk
96.  Drama Tour Fee
97.  Large Bush Rhino
98.  I Have Civic Act  (Civitavecchia)
99.  A Madagascar Sail Planner  (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria)
100. I Rule This Great Anagram

Edited by navybankerteacher

@navybankerteacher, I see you added 92. Acapulco and 94. Valletta above. The idea was to solve just one per day, but you may have missed that from my previous posts about this game. But that's OK as I think this is your first post to this thread. We'll just consider you a day ahead of the game for now. Feel free to add another solution on Sunday if you'd like.

Edited by bluemarble

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

@navybankerteacher, I see you added 92. Acapulco and 94. Valletta above. The idea was to solve just one per day, but you may have missed that from my previous posts about this game. But that's OK as I think this is your first post to this thread. We'll just consider you a day ahead of the game for now. Feel free to add another solution on Sunday if you'd like.

Sorry about that - when I first get interested in a thread which is past its 70th page I do not think to  go back to the dawn.

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Morning all.

88. Valencia.

In pursuit of doubles, I don't suppose any Cunarders have ever been to the one in Ireland?

No, I'm not seeing any calls to Valencia (or its alternate spelling Valentia), Ireland.

On the subject of port doubles, there is this near miss for a pair of similar Cunard port names that might be worth mentioning.

Puntarenas, Costa Rica

Punta Arenas, Chile

I had worked out "Nature Span" and "Parent Sauna" as anagrams for those two ports but never got around to using those.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

100. Santa Marguerita Ligure

That's it, the 21-letter full Cunard port name with the addition of "Ligure" to what's usually listed in the itineraries. Just adding a note here to correct the spelling to "Santa Margherita Ligure" with an 'h' rather than a 'u' in the second word.

4 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

That's it, the 21-letter full Cunard port name with the addition of "Ligure" to what's usually listed in the itineraries. Just adding a note here to correct the spelling to "Santa Margherita Ligure" with an 'h' rather than a 'u' in the second word.

Thank you for that. It is kind of you not to disqualify me for misspelling. As it was, I was fighting the autocorrect which wanted the second word to end in e, but I sort of lost track, and that mistake is entirely mine.

We're down to our final three Cunard port name anagrams. No doubt North West Newbie and exlondoner will have them solved in due course as they wait their turns to answer again. For those that might like a little refresher as encouragement to try solving one of them, here are those remaining three anagrams.

85.  Scariest
91.  Sunny Dale
96.  Drama Tour Fee

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

We're down to our final three Cunard port name anagrams. No doubt North West Newbie and exlondoner will have them solved in due course as they wait their turns to answer again. For those that might like a little refresher as encouragement to try solving one of them, here are those remaining three anagrams.

85.  Scariest
91.  Sunny Dale
96.  Drama Tour Fee

You are very generous to say so, but I've been stuck on them for ages, but may be inspiration will come in the night. Have you a new competition lined up?

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

You are very generous to say so, but I've been stuck on them for ages, but may be inspiration will come in the night. Have you a new competition lined up?

I do have one more trivia question lined up concerning Cunard itineraries that I'll unveil after the last of the anagrams have been solved. Nothing as elaborate as the anagrams, though. Will have to give it some more thought to see what else I can come up with after that.