Carnival Celebration

rs45thompson

Does anyone have an idea when we will be able to book the Carnival Celebration?  I assume it will be after the Mardi Gras come out.  Does anyone have an educated guess?  Do they make an announcement or does it just show up in the booking engine one day.  I found out that the Mardi Gras was taking bookings when people started posting on here that they had booked.  How do you find out?

31 minutes ago, drsel said:

That's quite far away.

So Carnival will collect interest free loans right from October 2020 much in advance.

that's a smart manoeuvre.

Well, that's how it has always worked: bookings for new cruise dates open up about 18 to 24 months in advance.  And Carnival reaps the "interest" only on whatever deposits are paid, not the full cruise fare, of course.

This is a new ship, and will have high demand (in theory), but it is no different from the itineraries you can currently book for Nov 2022 on other ships.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drsel said:

That's quite far away.

So Carnival will collect interest free loans right from October 2020 much in advance.

that's a smart manoeuvre.

It isn't a loan since the money will never be paid back. Like @ProgRockCruiser said, this is how it has always been done with every cruise line.  They release sailings a couple of years in advance, accept deposits and then set final payment deadlines 60 to 90 days prior to the sail date. There is nothing nefarious or inconsistent with past practice going on.  

Prices may be higher but that is typical with new builds.

I booked the Panorama on the day bookings opened--I guess not everyone had been informed, because when I told the agent I wanted to book the Panorama, she kept asking, "but on which ship?"  Anyway, I say this because there were some good deals to be had for the first few days (or weeks?) of booking.  In fact, it was so good, I ended up booking a b2b on the Panorama.  So, I would watch for booking deals for the Celebration.  I'll sign up for that email too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, drsel said:

I would encourage all of you to book this Cruise if you can afford it because they really need your support now

I'm trying to figure out this comment. It's obvious you don't care about Carnival. What I don't understand is why you would mock Carnival cruisers? 

• Thanks 1