Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I was wondering the same. Hopefully he is just overwhelmed with carpet orders,  and has better things to do than banter with those of us that too much time on our hands.  Or, in my case,  can't sleep because of the rain hammering down on the caravan roof.

Thank goodness we are off to a Premier Inn  tomorrow.

Premier Inn are great value.

We stayed at the one in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago and requested no room cleaning which they appreciated as we keep our room tidy ourselves so they delivered extra towels for us when we requested them.

With Covid19 it meant we didn't have someone else coming into our room during our stay.

We would actually prefer this on board ship too and often tell our cabin steward to just give us fresh towels and take the used ones away.

Graham.

55 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We stayed at the one in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago and requested no room cleaning which they appreciated as we keep our room tidy ourselves so they delivered extra towels for us when we requested them.

With Covid19 it meant we didn't have someone else coming into our room during our stay.

We would actually prefer this on board ship too and often tell our cabin steward to just give us fresh towels and take the used ones away.

Graham.

That's really not a bad idea.......  we too keep our room tidy so really no need for our room to be serviced for several days at least.  It would reduce chances of cross contamination just a little more and every little helps as they say! 

I agree about the Premier Inn too.  We stayed in one near Trafalgar Square which was perfectly good, clean and well situated for what we were planning to do.  Given London prices it was excellent value. We always stay overnight if flying from Gatwick and have had some excellent deals at the Premier Inn there and for a one-night stay we're happy enough with their breakfast and/or evening meals too.

• Like 2

We're not happy to take any vaccine that has been rushed through the process and they can bribe us all they want with threats about not travelling. Sadly, I have no faith whatsoever in the adminstration at the moment and think they've made a complete mess of this whole thing. Too many changes and broken promises. We will wait if needs be and live how we are living now if needs be.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 5:16 PM, zap99 said:

You are right. Just give up shall we ?

To be fair I think the comments were just being realistic. We've had so many disappointments this year for so many things and i am the type who would prefer to be a little pessimistic and then be pleasantly surprised if it works out better than I expected. We have talked at home and can't see us going abroad for a holiday until 2022 at least - we'll stay in the UK. Looking forward to the launch of the new cruises but not with the same excitement as in previous years. 😞

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

49 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

That's really not a bad idea.......  we too keep our room tidy so really no need for our room to be serviced for several days at least.  It would reduce chances of cross contamination just a little more and every little helps as they say! 

I agree about the Premier Inn too.  We stayed in one near Trafalgar Square which was perfectly good, clean and well situated for what we were planning to do.  Given London prices it was excellent value. We always stay overnight if flying from Gatwick and have had some excellent deals at the Premier Inn there and for a one-night stay we're happy enough with their breakfast and/or evening meals too.

Premier Inn tend to be our first choice when staying away, though not for Southampton.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

To be fair I think the comments were just being realistic. We've had so many disappointments this year for so many things and i am the type who would prefer to be a little pessimistic and then be pleasantly surprised if it works out better than I expected. We have talked at home and can't see us going abroad for a holiday until 2022 at least - we'll stay in the UK. Looking forward to the launch of the new cruises but not with the same excitement as in previous years. 😞

You may be right, maybe wrong. We have 4 foreign holidays booked for next year. They may go ,may not go. We all need to be realistic. I just get a bit frustrated when somebody or other in Every post says I'm not doing this, that, or the other. All the flipping time....... I'm not having something jabbed in my arm until it's tested and then expects somebody else to test it for them. I don't know why we bother Fawlty........ And another thing.. 🤪

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry have I missed something? Am worried now

Andy posted a few weeks ago that 6 years ago Michelles cancer was terminal and she had 6 months to live.

I and I'm sure everyone else here is delighted for Andy and Michelle that she is still here and I hope she will be for a long time to come.

We would love to meet them on a ship as well as all the nice people who post on here.

Graham.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

You may be right, maybe wrong. We have 4 foreign holidays booked for next year. They may go ,may not go. We all need to be realistic. I just get a bit frustrated when somebody or other in Every post says I'm not doing this, that, or the other. All the flipping time....... I'm not having something jabbed in my arm until it's tested and then expects somebody else to test it for them. I don't know why we bother Fawlty........ And another thing.. 🤪

Think we're all getting totally brassed off with the whole thing now. Hubby and I were saying the other day that now the 'novelty' (for want of a better word) is wearing off we are totally fed up of the whole thing and want some normality back. Our choice at the minute not to go to the pub or out for a meal etc but we wouldn't feel safe / relaxed and don't feel its appropriate at the moment with our jobs. I find the best think to do on here sometimes is write a very very long ranting reply to someone but don't send it. (It helps 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 ) Just remember not to submit it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Premier Inn tend to be our first choice when staying away, though not for Southampton.  

When we flew down from Newcastle on Flybe we always stayed at the Premier Inn Westquay but last time I drove down and we did a cruise park and stay with Meon Valley hotel.

Graham.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Andy posted a few weeks ago that 6 years ago Michelles cancer was terminal and she had 6 months to live.

I and I'm sure everyone else here is delighted for Andy and Michelle that she is still here and I hope she will be for a long time to come.

We would love to meet them on a ship as well as all the nice people who post on here.

Graham.

Thanks for that - I have been looking through posts wondering if I'd missed some news or other. Don't get the chance to be on here as much in the week so I do 'Catch Up' to use a Govt phrase (groan) at the weekend.

Too true about meeting everyone. Its felt like a family since March. I just worry about those who don't post anymore and seem to have disappeared. Dai for one

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Think we're all getting totally brassed off with the whole thing now. Hubby and I were saying the other day that now the 'novelty' (for want of a better word) is wearing off we are totally fed up of the whole thing and want some normality back. Our choice at the minute not to go to the pub or out for a meal etc but we wouldn't feel safe / relaxed and don't feel its appropriate at the moment with our jobs. I find the best think to do on here sometimes is write a very very long ranting reply to someone but don't send it. (It helps 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 ) Just remember not to submit it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉

I've done that a few times 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Thanks for that - I have been looking through posts wondering if I'd missed some news or other. Don't get the chance to be on here as much in the week so I do 'Catch Up' to use a Govt phrase (groan) at the weekend.

Too true about meeting everyone. Its felt like a family since March. I just worry about those who don't post anymore and seem to have disappeared. Dai for one

Selbourne too.

• Like 4

Just catching up with stuff.  To add my twopenneth, I have no problems with having to get a vaccine and certificate in order to travel.

I would further add that re the certification side of things, I would be quite happy to have a unique QR or bar code tattooed on me, which could then be scanned into my medical records, and thereafter used to scan any future medical interventions etc.  I could then give the NHS my consent to share my data with anyone I give permission to (bit like driving licence data).

Therefore at Southampton, when I check in, I let PandO scan my tatt and they can see that I have had the jab and any other jabs that may be needed.  The only question is, do I roll up my sleeve or drop my trousers?! 😲

Would also be helpful in the event of an road traffic collision

Anyone else fancy a trip the tattooist?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Therefore at Southampton, when I check in, I let PandO scan my tatt and they can see that I have had the jab and any other jabs that may be needed.  The only question is, do I roll up my sleeve or drop my trousers?! 😲

Tat on the forehead.  Scanning for temperature will do double duty and quicker.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry have I missed something? Am worried now

No, don't worry Presto. Graham was referring back to an earlier post of Andy's. Everything's fine, he hasn't posted for a while that's all

Avril

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Just catching up with stuff.  To add my twopenneth, I have no problems with having to get a vaccine and certificate in order to travel.

I would further add that re the certification side of things, I would be quite happy to have a unique QR or bar code tattooed on me, which could then be scanned into my medical records, and thereafter used to scan any future medical interventions etc.  I could then give the NHS my consent to share my data with anyone I give permission to (bit like driving licence data).

That's called thinking outside the box. I'm not saying no, but would like to have a little think about it🤔. I have the NHS app, but sometimes forget my phone. I couldn't forget my tat though, could I ?. Hang on a minute, what if one of my jabs expires?. Do I need to get it removed, or just put a cross through it😁

8 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Tat on the forehead.  Scanning for temperature will do double duty and quicker.

Back in early March, my hairdresser was getting ready for Covid, so she bought one of those ‘guns’ for taking people’s temperatures. She tried it out on me. As I had walked briskly from the car, I thought I was going to be quite warm, but I was borderline hypothermic! If I do get a fever, I’d probably register as normal !😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

That's called thinking outside the box. I'm not saying no, but would like to have a little think about it🤔. I have the NHS app, but sometimes forget my phone. I couldn't forget my tat though, could I ?. Hang on a minute, what if one of my jabs expires?. Do I need to get it removed, or just put a cross through it😁

You’ll be automatically transported to the nearest Inoculation Centre for updating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

We stayed in a nice hotel on Dartmoor. You left a list on the door of the stuff you needed, biscuits etc and picked up little jugs of milk from the bar to keep in the fridge. Making your own bed in the morning was a hardship, but we managed. Reassuring to know people were not comming in the room. If that is the new normal, that's fine .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I haven't got one .

Just asked the wife and she  said that if I got a tattoo I'd have to get it in a place that didn't matter...

Does anyone know of a good tattooist in Grimsby ? :classic_unsure:

I also like your Idea of the unique QR or bar code. That could be well handy in your visits to Weatherspoons.

No more ordering at the bar ,they would know what you want before you do .:classic_wink::classic_smile:

• Haha 1