Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’m feeling that my views, which I feel are firmly based in realism, are upsetting people, so perhaps it’s best if I just keep quiet about them.

I won’t comment on this or related matters in future 

sorry 

I hold your posts in high esteem please keep posting.

Graham.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

.I always try to double check my posts now.

I learnt that lesson when I posted a picture of that chapel in the Vatican. Predictive told me I took a picture of the ceiling in the Cistern.,😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Please keep posting you are not upsetting me at all and your posts are as valid as anyone else's .

There is no rule that says we have to agree with all the posts we read , so that's not your problem .

We can be respectful to each other though ,failing that just block them . :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

What he said.🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

Please keep posting you are not upsetting me at all and your posts are as valid as anyone else's .

There is no rule that says we have to agree with all the posts we read , so that's not your problem .

We can be respectful to each other though ,failing that just block them . :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

+12345---1000000.

Edited by grapau27
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2020 at 3:40 PM, grapau27 said:

Good point.

There are a number of posters who start threads then never come back to acknowledge the answers people give in good faith.

Graham.

This really winds me up.  Someone asks for help with a destination, DiY ideas etc (not so much at the moment of course) and you invest quite a bit of time responding, perhaps finding links and giving a range of suggestions and don't even get a 'Thank you'.  I've learned such a lot from fellow cruisers on here and really appreciate the info they've provided and I try to follow suit and help others if can.  Most respond and appreciate the feedback but for those who don't, I feel quite annoyed on behalf of all the posters who are ignored after doing their best to help. 

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

This really winds me up.  Someone asks for help with a destination, DiY ideas etc (not so much at the moment of course) and you invest quite a bit of time responding, perhaps finding links and giving a range of suggestions and don't even get a 'Thank you'.  I've learned such a lot from fellow cruisers on here and really appreciate the info they've provided and I try to follow suit and help others if can.  Most respond and appreciate the feedback but for those who don't, I feel quite annoyed on behalf of all the posters who are ignored after doing their best to help. 

My sentiments exactly.

I am like you and really try to help others and when ops of threads never come back to the thread I wonder what their true motive of starting a thread was.

Fortunately our help might be beneficial to others who read the thread.

I too have learned a lot from many really helpful posters.

Graham.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’m feeling that my views, which I feel are firmly based in realism, are upsetting people, so perhaps it’s best if I just keep quiet about them.

sorry 

For what it’s worth, I tend to agree with your assessment of the situation especially after all the setbacks of the past few weeks here in Wales. 

For me, there are two things to consider about any possible vaccine. Firstly, will it work? Secondly, regardless of its effectiveness, will it have any adverse effects? Surely we need some reassurance as to its safety. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

sorry 

I'm a fellow realist, but happy that others feel differently, and very much hope they're right and I'm wrong. I don't think anyone will be cruising until autumn/winter 2021, and if there are any I wouldn't want to be on them with all the restrictions involved, but would be delighted if they go ahead successfully before that. 

What a funny old world we now inhabit, where someone feels they must stop commenting just because there's more than one opinion about something and few actual facts to guide us; just a lot of scientists, who can't agree either, and a plethora of armchair experts. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

This seems to be a fairly well balanced analysis of the situation. In a nut shell, even when a vaccine is available,  it could well take a year before any sense of normality would return.. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-54371559

But it is only one group of scientist's view wowzz, I am sure if the BBC really did some genuine investigative journalism they could come with any number of different views. But that would not really fit their current desire to paint the worst case scenario.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

We have to have a lifeline, something to give hope. You may be right and no vaccine available for months/years. These are unprecedented times and a lot of money thrown at research and manufacture so I like to be optimistic. I am not desperate to go on holiday but I cling to the hope I will cruise next year, so keep laughing.

I'm a realist and don't believe that this will suddenly 'disappear like a miracle' or that there will be a vaccine by the end of the year. What do believe is that scientists worldwide are trying to find a way to combat this new  and deadly virus. I am also an optimist and try to look forward with positivity, otherwise I would roll myself into a ball and hide. It is possible to think realistically and also have hope and at this moment in time it''s the best path to choose. I believe the best way through this is to play the cards we're dealt, plan for the future, live our lives the best we can for now and try to keep smiling😊 I think you and I have the same outlook Bob

Avril

• Like 8

4 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Blimey, there are some right doom mongers on here. So glad we're all looking for the positives.

In terms of vaccine manufacture, many of them are being produced in great numbers already. They run the risk of the vaccine not passing the trials and they're then wasted. But I would imagine that the government consider it as risk worth taking. I'm not understanding the scale of the task but there are reasons to be optimistic. There'll be people working flat out to find a way out of this. 

I couldn't agree more. I was getting more depressed the more posts I read. 

Avril

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

sorry 

I don't think you're upsetting anyone. We all see things differently and as in any debate should be allowed to express your own beliefs. I know one or two can come across a little ''sharp''  shall we say, but do what I do and ignore them until they get over it. Keep posting and don't let anyone put you off.

Avril

• Like 4

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

But it is only one group of scientist's view wowzz, I am sure if the BBC really did some genuine investigative journalism they could come with any number of different views. But that would not really fit their current desire to paint the worst case scenario.

Indeed. However,  the concerns about the practicalities and logistics required in the implementation of any vaccination programme appear to be widely accepted by the scientific community as a whole.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’m in the 50-64 age group. I’ve booked my appointment for 19th October. But I’m not 100% sure they’ll have vaccine  available when I get there! 

I have one booked for next week at the pharmacy, hope it actually happens as they cancelled at one days notice 3 weeks ago. also must remember to tell my practice that I won't be using their clinic this year

as for distributing COVID vaccine world wide, apparently they will need a fleet of 8000 jumbo jet equivalents to ship it, the biggest air logistics exercise ever

• Like 1

I just wanted to thank people who’ve posted supportive messages.

I’m aware that I’m still new to this board, and was beginning to think that I was  upsetting the apple cart.

I’ll just carry on commenting as I feel is appropriate 😀

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have one booked for next week at the pharmacy, hope it actually happens as they cancelled at one days notice 3 weeks ago. also must remember to tell my practice that I won't be using their clinic this year

as for distributing COVID vaccine world wide, apparently they will need a fleet of 8000 jumbo jet equivalents to ship it, the biggest air logistics exercise ever

You know what’ll happen, they’ll put Chris Grayling and Dido Harding in charge of distributing the U.K. vaccine! 😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I just wanted to thank people who’ve posted supportive messages.

I’m aware that I’m still new to this board, and was beginning to think that I was  upsetting the apple cart.

I’ll just carry on commenting as I feel is appropriate 😀

When it comes to upsetting the apple cart, believe me, there are some much more experienced.😉

Avril

• Like 3

I see Ludlow has just posted a load of meaningless guff on various social media sites, talking about how hard P&O have been working to develop new protocols, and how these will make cruising safer in the future. Not a single fact in the whole piece -just a complete waste of time. 

"A message from P&O Cruises president, Paul Ludlow

Today, the UK Government has recognised the huge efforts the cruise industry is making in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, as a framework for the cruise industry is published.  This, in turn, is enabling us to develop new and enhanced protocols to protect the health of everyone on board our ships. 

This framework is the culmination of months of hard work and collaboration between the global cruise industry, health experts and UK Government bodies at the very highest level. 

The framework has led to the ongoing development of P&O Cruises protocols which will protect the health and wellbeing of our guests, crew and the communities we visit and will enable you to book a holiday with P&O Cruises with the confidence that we will be looking after you even before you step on board. 

We will be publishing these in the near future and they will cover the time you book your holiday; just before you travel; boarding at the terminal; your holiday with us; exploring the destinations and once you return home.

These will be continuously evaluated and adjusted as the scientific understanding of Covid-19 improves so you can be sure that they reflect the very latest guidance.

They will demonstrate our uncompromising commitment to ensuring you will have the most wonderful holiday with us, with the reassurance that from a public health perspective we are doing the right thing, at all times.
Although this does not mean an imminent return to service, when the time is right we very much look forward to seeing you on board."

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

Is anyone on here taking part in any of the clinical trials of the potential vaccines?

I have been "invited" to take part in the phase 3 clinical trial of the Novavax vaccine.  It will be administered in 2 doses 3 weeks apart and I will have regular checkups over the next 56 weeks.  I have decided to go ahead with the trial because although there is always a chance of problems with any clinical trial they are vital to medicine moving forward.  I am currently waiting for my first vaccination appointment and I will keep you posted on how it goes.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, davecttr said:

That must the exaggeration to crown all others, Boeing only ever built just over 1500 747's in total!!!!   And manufacture will be spread around the world, which will reduce the time and distance anyway.

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Is anyone on here taking part in any of the clinical trials of the potential vaccines?

I have been "invited" to take part in the phase 3 clinical trial of the Novavax vaccine.  It will be administered in 2 doses 3 weeks apart and I will have regular checkups over the next 56 weeks.  I have decided to go ahead with the trial because although there is always a chance of problems with any clinical trial they are vital to medicine moving forward.  I am currently waiting for my first vaccination appointment and I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Well done for volunteering.

I hope everything goes well.

Graham.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That must the exaggeration to crown all others, Boeing only ever built just over 1500 747's in total!!!!   And manufacture will be spread around the world, which will reduce the time and distance anyway.

John, you missed the "equivalent to" bit of the report.