How long are refunds taking now?

chasinraynbowz

I am curious.  If we want to cancel and get a full refund, how long is it taking now?  Thinking about getting the refund instead of moving it to our April cruise.  Honestly, I could use the money to take a land vacation in November instead of the cruise.

3 minutes ago, Ryanryanryan said:

Carnival knows what is acceptable and they have no reason to keep anyone's money any longer than they have to.

If they know what is acceptable then why do they make constant expressions of regret? When dealing with banking, 7-10 business days is standard industry practice for a refund -- and Carnival knows this.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

If they know what is acceptable then why do they make constant expressions of regret? When dealing with banking, 7-10 business days is standard industry practice for a refund -- and Carnival knows this.

Carnival has stated that the virus will be gone in October.  Carnival will issue refunds in a timely manner and return to cruising in November as planned.  

1 minute ago, Ryanryanryan said:

Carnival has stated that the virus will be gone in October.  Carnival will issue refunds in a timely manner and return to cruising in November as planned.  

If I remember correctly, we're still in October and Carnival is cruising in November, as planned. Refunds are coming along and getting better with each day passing. 

Edited by xDisconnections

46 minutes ago, Acheavacci said:

We cancelled our Feb 14 2021 cruise.  Had put a 100% refundable deposit of $1,000 on two cabins.  Cancelled on Sept 25 2020.  The $1,000 was refunded to our credit card on October 3 2020.

Thanks for an answer to my question!!  

Thanks to all who answered.  We are still on the fence as to whether we are going to cancel or not.   We do have a plan B decided upon.  Like others, this is my 3rd cruise to be cancelled this year (whether by me or the cruise line) and I NEED A VACATION!!!!!  LOL

I just cancelled a June cruise on Friday. My PVP stated she had no clue how long it would take and to honestly not expect anything very fast. Too many unknowns to be comfortable investing 1000s of dollars on a floating petri dish that we may or may no be able to get off on at the ports unless we book a Carnival excursions and if the host countries allow people off. I could do a few all inclusive trips in these countries for that much and eliminate the unknowns. Now the only unknown I have is how long a refund may take. I'll report back when I get it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crooooze said:

...and I am still waiting for the refund that was requested April 1. 

6 months, 1 week.

I've been calling and pestering every week now. I wonder if they are now holding it back out of spite.

Have you escalated to a manager or a manager's manager?

On 10/8/2020 at 7:51 AM, crooooze said:

...and I am still waiting for the refund that was requested April 1. 

6 months, 1 week.

I've been calling and pestering every week now. I wonder if they are now holding it back out of spite.

I cancelled my Sept sailing on 29th May, and they still haven't refunded me. And then i'm reading people have been refunded one or two weeks after cancellation???

Edited by Ethanol95