Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is no telling right now how people who have not cruised will view the industry in the future.

I've spoken to a few friends who don't cruise, or have cruised once or twice.  They  tell me cruise ships breed disease and sickness.  They mention the norovirus outbreaks and recent springtime Covid quarantines.    They comment that they will NEVER cruise.  

All lines will have to work hard to cultivate new customers, or  maintain those who have been absent for a while. 

M

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I posted that on another thread and got lambasted.  Bet lots of opinions will change now that people are moving there quicker.

I posted a idea on this thread and two people attacked me. One got smart and was like dont you think rcl is aware of the issue and doesnt need your help. The other said dl was off topic.  Obviously a touchy subject I will not touch again. 

Doesnt matter to me. I get a hang over not used to drinking. I drink once and swear off, twice maybe same cruise. 

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

Once the only CL's left in the fleet are on Radiance class they can let D+ back in.  Few suites on Radiance class so it's not as big of an issue.  

We did an 11 night South Caribbean on Serenade over Thanksgiving (2017) and the CL was packed every night with early birds saving seats for more than half the lounge. It got so bad that Concierge Mario began saving tables around the bar for Suite Guests. We came in once and sat down in a vacant chair and this lady immediately came to inform us that those 2 seats were saved for her friends. 

Chair HOGS.  

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

In negotiation, you always begin by asking for more than you expect to receive.

In this case, if you begin by settling on less, less is what you will get.

My honest hope is that benefits will be preserved as the are, with the exception of D+ being restored to the CL.

Agree...however I have missed not being allowed into the CL ( are there any left?) so to solve that I only book GS and up now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We came in once and sat down in a vacant chair and this lady immediately came to inform us that those 2 seats were saved for her friends. 

I wouldn't budge.  "Sorry, there is no reserving seats".  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 7:11 AM, Lionesss said:

Just curious since I never paid attention to the point system before when we started cruising, but what was the deal with the old Diamonds in December offer that used to happen?

We were too new to cruising and did not know if we would stick with it  (LOL) new addiction.

TY

Stay Healthy

This was probably already answered (haven't gotten thru to page 25 yet), but we did several Diamonds in December and we would get 3 points per night for a suite.  So just one additional point.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

2021. The year of the solo cruiser

A few years ago, I booked myself in a JS, and my husband in an interior.  It was cheaper  than the two of us in  the JS, even with the  gratuities we paid for the interior and the added grats for the JS.  We let the interior stateroom attendant know that we would not be using the cabin.   We were over the 350 point level and were able to get the reduced single supplement. We enjoyed the extra points. 

Nothing illegal about it, we  did it for pure financial reasons.   

For those booking solo, but really want a mate to cruise, check out the  JS/INT booking method.

Otherwise, I think you are right, a singles party for every cruise.  

M

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

A few years ago, I booked myself in a JS, and my husband in an interior.  It was cheaper  than the two of us in  the JS, even with the  gratuities we paid for the interior and the added grats for the JS.  We let the interior stateroom attendant know that we would not be using the cabin.   We were over the 350 point level and were able to get the reduced single supplement. We enjoyed the extra points. 

Nothing illegal about it, we  did it for pure financial reasons.   

For those booking solo, but really want a mate to cruise, check out the  JS/INT booking method.

Otherwise, I think you are right, a singles party for every cruise.  

M

We did that once as well but it was 2 balcony cabins.  Got the balcony discount on both of them and it came to just a little more or less than the one balcony cabin at that time.  This was several years ago

5 minutes ago, CRUISINGCPA said:

This was probably already answered (haven't gotten thru to page 25 yet), but we did several Diamonds in December and we would get 3 points per night for a suite.  So just one additional point.

Strangely - it was only for D and above and only for cruises sailing in December.  I don't  recall if the cruise had to start in December  or  simply sail during a December date.  And, they provided nice gifts each year.  Sturdy beach bags, luggage straps, aluminum cups and some SWAG (magnets, pins etc. )  I went for 3 or so years. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

Probably, but it wasn't the translation I was going for... it was simply the origin of the expression,

"Handwriting on the wall."

Thanks @yogimax  

It was slightly off, probably a more literal translation I guess.  Yours makes sense.   Didn't even think about what language it was, just figured Google would know.

image.png.bcd68d66908e84e392bb604184a7c216.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I posted a idea on this thread and two people attacked me. One got smart and was like dont you think rcl is aware of the issue and doesnt need your help. The other said dl was off topic.  Obviously a touchy subject I will not touch again. 

Doesnt matter to me. I get a hang over not used to drinking. I drink once and swear off, twice maybe same cruise. 

Yikes...You took my comment about RCI waiting for your help much more serious than I meant it to be...Lighten up ... there's enough dark in the world right now.

You've been around this board long enough to know what a real attack is and if you consider a couple of off the cuff (funny) comments an attack, you've been lucky to have escaped the flames so far.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, twangster said:

Once the only CL's left in the fleet are on Radiance class they can let D+ back in.  Few suites on Radiance class so it's not as big of an issue.  

I was on B2B2B on Vision out of PR last January...very tiny DL, D+ kicked out of CL...with no signage or warning for that matter.  Just letter stating the fact from CL concierge, with orders from home office to do so.  Ship was Vision..even smaller than Radiance class with even fewer suites.  We had limited D+ and Pinnies on board.  

Same exact thing happened with Rhapsody B2B out of Tampa last February.  Same size ship, same situation, on that ship.  

On both ships, I felt sorry for CL concierge and their crew...place was empty at night.  Not fun when they rely on tips. 

38 minutes ago, Ashland said:

They can give us back the pad of paper and pen in the cabin ... I miss those :classic_wink:

I miss those nice little baskets of treats tied up pretty with a ribbon. 🙂  I liked using the ribbons on the handles of my luggage.  😄  Actually the treats were pretty good as well.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Strangely - it was only for D and above and only for cruises sailing in December.  I don't  recall if the cruise had to start in December  or  simply sail during a December date.  And, they provided nice gifts each year.  Sturdy beach bags, luggage straps, aluminum cups and some SWAG (magnets, pins etc. )  I went for 3 or so years. 

M

Didn't last long..but indeed was a nice promo to get pax to sail during normally slow time in December.  We enjoyed it...and yes...had to start in December from what I remember.  December sail date, or at least that is what I did.  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was on B2B2B on Vision out of PR last January...very tiny DL, D+ kicked out of CL...with no signage or warning for that matter.  Just letter stating the fact from CL concierge, with orders from home office to do so.  Ship was Vision..even smaller than Radiance class with even fewer suites.  We had limited D+ and Pinnies on board.  

Same exact thing happened with Rhapsody B2B out of Tampa last February.  Same size ship, same situation, on that ship.  

On both ships, I felt sorry for CL concierge and their crew...place was empty at night.  Not fun when they rely on tips. 

It must vary because we were on Vision May 2019 (Med/Greece) D+ in only a JS and we had access to the CL.

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I miss those nice little baskets of treats tied up pretty with a ribbon. 🙂  I liked using the ribbons on the handles of my luggage.  😄  Actually the treats were pretty good as well.  

Like other free gifts we had throughout the years,  many complained about the baskets.  They didn't like the contents, there was too much paper,  etc. So,  RCCL stopped the complaining by eliminating the gift.  Watch what happens if folks continue to complain about  the lounges.

For the  records, I liked the gift basket as well.  It was really nice  to see it waiting in the cabin.  I used the   basket to hold my make up on board!   The snacks were great for our long trip home.   

M

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Didn't last long..but indeed was a nice promo to get pax to sail during normally slow time in December.  We enjoyed it...and yes...had to start in December from what I remember.  December sail date, or at least that is what I did.  

Three years? Does that sound right?  I recall is was around 2010.