Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

It must vary because we were on Vision May 2019 (Med/Greece) D+ in only a JS and we had access to the CL.

My cruise was almost a year later.  These changes seem to have started first of the year, that I had noticed.  This was first time we were denied access as D+ in a lounge with CL still on the door (not SL).   January and February 2020.  We were also in a JS...love huge balcony corner aft JS cabins on the Vision series.  🙂 

We basically just used our vouchers in other lounges on the ship on Vision, and enjoyed our wine on our balcony with that great view. 

On Rhapsody we loved the DL with over flow into the "Shall we Dance" lounge on deck six. And so did most of the Pinnies on board.  CL was left empty, sadly for concierge and crew. 

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Three years? Does that sound right?  I recall is was around 2010. 

Good question...can't remember as well.   We sure had a great time though...was on Freedom out of PC...when there was no such thing as a DL yet.  We had "Diamond Event" in the forward Pharaoh's lounge.  Great times...still in contact with many friends we met at those events.  Loved it!!  🙂 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was on B2B2B on Vision out of PR last January...very tiny DL, D+ kicked out of CL...with no signage or warning for that matter.  Just letter stating the fact from CL concierge, with orders from home office to do so.  Ship was Vision..even smaller than Radiance class with even fewer suites.  We had limited D+ and Pinnies on board.  

Same exact thing happened with Rhapsody B2B out of Tampa last February.  Same size ship, same situation, on that ship.  

On both ships, I felt sorry for CL concierge and their crew...place was empty at night.  Not fun when they rely on tips. 

That's precisely why the original argument that it was up to the concierge made no sense.  It was simply a decision from corporate that allowed no exceptions.  But we did get a cup on coffee to dull the pain.

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was on B2B2B on Vision out of PR last January...very tiny DL, D+ kicked out of CL...with no signage or warning for that matter.  Just letter stating the fact from CL concierge, with orders from home office to do so.  Ship was Vision..even smaller than Radiance class with even fewer suites.  We had limited D+ and Pinnies on board.  

Same exact thing happened with Rhapsody B2B out of Tampa last February.  Same size ship, same situation, on that ship.  

On both ships, I felt sorry for CL concierge and their crew...place was empty at night.  Not fun when they rely on tips. 

Vision class has more suites than Radiance class.  Heck Empress has more suites than Radiance class.    

I was on Vision in January 2019 out of NOLA.  We were on the bubble but as a solo the CL concierge let me in.  He let another solo D+ in as well.  Later in October on Vision through the canal that wasn't the case but Pinnacle friends hardly went up there since all the action was in the expanded DL in the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge.  

I can only recall 4 times where I was able to access the CL as a D+.  Once on Explorer, once on Vision once on Serenade and once on Radiance.  The rest of my D+ cruises either didn't have a CL or I was banned.  In those cases though the expanded DL worked out quite well so I never got twisted out of shape about it.  

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

That's precisely why the original argument that it was up to the concierge made no sense.  It was simply a decision from corporate that allowed no exceptions.  But we did get a cup on coffee to dull the pain.

LOL....I was happy to see not one...but TWO coffee machines in the tiny little DL on Vision!  🙂  Six am morning coffee run, and sunrise!  

Concierge in CL on Rhapsody actually begged us to come in for HH ...but I still didn't want to put him in that position.  Plus we really enjoyed the over flow DL on deck six anyway...as did most of the few Pinnies on board.  One of my most favorite concierges, Alan,  was was in the DL anyway.  🙂 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL....I was happy to see not one...but TWO coffee machines in the tiny little DL on Vision!  🙂  Six am morning coffee run, and sunrise!  

Concierge in CL on Rhapsody actually begged us to come in for HH ...but I still didn't want to put him in that position.  Plus we really enjoyed the over flow DL on deck six anyway...as did most of the few Pinnies on board.  One of my most favorite concierges, Alan,  was was in the DL anyway.  🙂 

When I did oasis it had it's own coffee room. My favorite perk. Better than DL for me. 

They also had breakfast fruit and rolls in there.

Please send allure to Galveston.

Edited by firefly333

33 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Could you imagine the pressure on the Concierge if it was their call and not corporate ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

When I did oasis it had it's own coffee room. My favorite perk. Better than DL for me. 

They also had breakfast fruit and rolls in there.

Please send allure to Galveston.

Oasis had a coffee machine outside of the DL? Where was it located?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Were you banned from the SL or just not permitted?  If one is not permitted access by rule, how can they be banned or “kicked out”?  Same applies to CL. 

Asking for a friend 😇

M8

D+ have never had SL access.  🙂 

"On ships with a CL".  I'm not counting ships that have had their CL's torn out.  

I forgot one.  I was allowed into the Enchantment CL in 2018.

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oasis had a coffee machine outside of the DL? Where was it located?

Oasis was brand new. Maybe it's gone now. You needed a key to get in. Seems like above or near the city area cafe. .. it was the year it was new, before allure even came out. Well darn. It was nice. Actually I wasnt diamond, but travelled with someone diamond who got me in.

So many things seem to have changed. I havent even yet cruised with rcl since they added the 3 drinks to your card, or solo got extra pts. Ready to try rcl again.

I did carnival vista last as another friend came with me and worked better with her schedule. 

Oh well. As I said it was when oasis new and before allure came out. Long time. Dying to see it agin

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

It was already happening before the Covid crash of cruising.  Without even changing the signage.  CL still there, but D+ kicked out.  Even on ships in that had very light populations of D+ and Pinnies.  I was there.  

2 hours ago, Domino D said:

Is Google accurate in its translation of this?

There also. Kicked out on the Anthem even though sign said CL. 

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oasis was brand new. Maybe it's gone now. You needed a key to get in. Seems like above or near the city area cafe. .. it was the year it was new, before allure even came out. Well darn. It was nice. Actually I wasnt diamond, but travelled with someone diamond who got me in.

So many things seem to have changed. I havent even yet cruised with rcl since they added the 3 drinks to your card, or solo got extra pts. Ready to try rcl again.

I did carnival vista last as another friend came with me and worked better with her schedule. 

Oh well. As I said it was when oasis new and before allure came out. Long time. Dying to see it agin

That was the Diamond  lounge.  The location was changed at its first drydock. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I miss those nice little baskets of treats tied up pretty with a ribbon. 🙂  I liked using the ribbons on the handles of my luggage.  😄  Actually the treats were pretty good as well.  

I saved all my ribbons and I tie half a ribbon on my luggage handles.  Makes it easier to spot my luggage.  Still have some of the ribbons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

There also. Kicked out on the Anthem even though sign said CL. 

I loved the location of this CL (when they let us D+ in)...a bit of a walk but so worth it but the restroom inside made it alright.

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That was the Diamond  lounge.  The location was changed at its first drydock. 

Mixed drinks and hot appetizers were in a different room, more like a bar where you had to show your diamond card at the door. It was on a lower deck than this coffee room.

My friend could get me in coffee room with a card that unlocked the door, but not diamond lounge. I was only one cruise shy of diamond ...so close. 

I'm ready to see these diamond perks lol. .. and right on up to diamond plus in one year with doublemlts. Works for me.

Lol someone mentioned those cookies you got tied with a ribbon?  Lol those are gone now too? Get me on a ship already, I wanna see. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Mixed drinks and hot appetizers were in a different room, more like a bar where you had to show your diamond card at the door. It was on a lower deck than this coffee room.

My friend could get me in coffee room with a card that unlocked the door, but not diamond lounge. I was only one cruise shy of diamond ...so close. 

I'm ready to see these diamond perks lol. .. and right on up to diamond plus in one year with doublemlts. Works for me.

Lol someone mentioned those cookies you got tied with a ribbon?  Lol those are gone now too? Get me on a ship already, I wanna see. 

They probably used an overflow lounge during the nightly event where appetizers and drinks were served  which would have been on deck 4 and that is why you had to show your card because there was no card reader on the door as there was for the place  you got your coffee Which was the DL. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

That explains a lot. 😇

M8

Yes, one cruise short. As I've said I havent been on rcl I'd guess in over 6 years, ncl, celebrity, carnival etc yes, not rcl.

Cant see date of last rcl cruise since all my rcl cruises fell off my history so old.

I've said as much many time. 

And yes I've invited people, that lady was from cc. I paid for the cruise, she just paid taxes and tips. She was a ta and said no big deal she could get free cruises as a ta. We didnt cruise together again. But I've taken 4 women and paid for the cruises except their tips and taxes. 

So sue me. Figured it doesnt cost me extra. And the ta who used to post on cc, she was diamond. I was one short. Havent been on rcl since I think. Did other lines. Heard about double solo pts on rcl and just this year decided to try rcl again . .terrible timing. 

It was just coffee I got out of her being diamond, nothing else. 

I enjoy reading all the stories about ships and lounges. I throughly enjoyed the Voyager DL last November. I took a 3/4 day B2B after going over to Singapore on the Carnival Splendor. It was the barest lounge. I think for evening happy hour, the most there was maybe 10 people. I would take a book or crochet project down there during the day, and grab a cappuccino and just sit there. It was so quiet and peaceful. No worries about overcrowding there.

Edited by crzndeb

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Cant see date of last rcl cruise since all my rcl cruises fell off my history so old.

You should be able to call Royal, and they can look up your past cruises with your birthdate. My daughter’s cruised with me in the 1990’s, and they were able to find their history.

I had about an 8 year break from 2003-2011 from Royal and all mine are there. 
Hopefully they can find yours.

Edited by crzndeb

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You should be able to see your past cruises from all of your Royal Caribbean sailing’s.  Your Cruising history doesn’t fall off of the website.

My first royal Caribbean cruise was in the 90s, and that is still showing in my past cruise history.  

if you have no past history on your site, I suggest calling to make sure there’s no problem with your crown and anchor number. 

m