Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

Just now, crzndeb said:

You should be able to call Royal, and they can look up your past cruises with your birthdate. My daughter’s cruised with me in the 1990’s, and they were able to find their history.

Well it shows I'm diamond so not sure having dates would help. Says 109 pts. 5 solo bookings I figure gets me to diamond plus so I booked 6. Double pts on 2 next year is just a plus. I admit I have a ccl vista next year too., not everyone only cruises royal, I just decided not to fly during covid, and only ccl or rcl from texas. So I'm back to rcl. I did a ncl out of miami and ncl tried their hand out of the houston port that folded .. disney rcl or ccl unless I want to fly.

M8 I've said many times been a while since i last did rcl, hence so many questions. Why is that a problem? I'm ready to catch up. Lots of changes in the past 6 or so years. 

I am dying to do another oasis type ship, allure, or one of the newer ones, but not ready to fly until covid over.

25 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I loved the location of this CL (when they let us D+ in)...a bit of a walk but so worth it but the restroom inside made it alright.

Disappointed I would always book a cabin on deck 12 for easy access during day.  Was a great place to read, beautiful view & quiet. The DL dark & dreary. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

You should be able to see your past cruises from all of your Royal Caribbean sailing’s.  Your Cruising history doesn’t fall off of the website.

My first royal Caribbean cruise was in the 90s, and that is still showing in my past cruise history.  

if you have no past history on your site, I suggest calling to make sure there’s no problem with your crown and anchor number. 

m

Ok I looked, I just cant see details

Says after 7 years folios become unavailable. So I dont know if solo or who was with me, etc. But shows most of my cruises and some are so old says 1 from the days when you got a pt for each cruise. 

Hey it says 109 pts, diamond.. whenever that happened...dont even know when they made me diamond tbh. So I'll book a bunch and make diamond plus real fast I figured. No worries. Still figuring out my cruising style after taking time off. 

35 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That explains a lot. 😇

M8

Yep figuring out new stuff, asking questions. Only way to learn.

Havent sailed solo much either, so that's new, figuring out what kind of cabin for just me. Wish I could actually go experience it and not keep asking questions tbh.

Lots has changed .. cant wait to find out for myself instead of asking questions that seem to annoy you. ...covid be gone. Laters. 

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Maybe with the upcoming surge of Pinnacles RCI should designate a specific lounge area so they can enjoy their benefits and friends. 
This way they will be done with the suite/pinnacle lounge debate. 
They earned their just cause by loyalty.  It should be recognized no matter how many on a sailing. 

Stay healthy. 

8 hours ago, island lady said:

I am good with that!!  🙂 

8 hours ago, molly361 said:

Good idea!!!

8 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I posted that on another thread and got lambasted.  Bet lots of opinions will change now that people are moving there quicker.

Dazzles/Music Hall would work well for that on Oasis Class

Multi Quoting since everybody agreed😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

M8 I've said many times been a while since i last did rcl, hence so many questions. Why is that a problem? I'm ready to catch up. Lots of changes in the past 6 or so years. 

Not sure you understand what I meant by explained. Someone let you into the DL when you were not Diamond. A lot of loyalty police here frown upon that. No big deal to me. 

M8

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not sure you understand what I meant by explained. Someone let you into the DL when you were not Diamond. A lot of loyalty police here frown upon that. No big deal to me. 

M8

Ok it was just coffee, and some sweet rolls. Not mixed drinks. Lol at least I havent shared any mixed drinks.. .I see a lot about sharing free drinks too.

And as far as seeing my cruises there are obviously some older than the 1 pt ones, says I can email to get them. My cruise count doesnt match the ones I can see, but I figure its right.

I dont even know how I'm diamond, saw it and double solo pts and said rcl here I come, yippee. Lol and now double my 2 pts on 2 bookings next year.

Just one ccl for the $750 obc to replace my watch. I'd swear I will be loyal to royal but life happens.

Yea I've seen the loyalty police here on cc.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 4:55 PM, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Ok, I have to ask.  Can you walk across? I can see a group of us setting up a shuttle system to get our Canadian friends to Fl so they can cruise.  I will volunteer to take people from the NY/NJ boarder to MD.

Sadly we cannot walk across the bridge at the current time due to COVID restrictions. I live close to the Peace Bridge and for many summers during my teenage years I walked or road my bike over the bridge into Canada. I look forward to the border opening and taking an amazing walk across the bridge once again 🤞

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok it was just coffee, and some sweet rolls. Not mixed drinks. Lol at least I havent shared any mixed drinks.. .I see a lot about sharing free drinks too.

And as far as seeing my cruises there are obviously some older than the 1 pt ones, says I can email to get them. My cruise count doesnt match the ones I can see, but I figure its right.

I dont even know how I'm diamond, saw it and double solo pts and said rcl here I come, yippee. Lol and now double my 2 pts on 2 bookings next year.

Just one ccl for the $750 obc to replace my watch. I'd swear I will be loyal to royal but life happens.

Yea I've seen the loyalty police here on cc.

If your older cruises are listed as 1 credit, you already have those calculated in your point count.  At the time of the conversion from credits to points, you received 7 points for each credit.  The also added a few extra points as a fudge factor, there is a formula out there that someone can post for you.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

If your older cruises are listed as 1 credit, you already have those calculated in your point count.  At the time of the conversion from credits to points, you received 7 points for each credit.  The also added a few extra points as a fudge factor, there is a formula out there that someone can post for you.  

What I meant is I have some even before those. It says to email to get details.

I was just listening to another channel who said today EU dropped canada from being allowed to enter. Possibly can fly to France and quarantine, but EU dropped canada now too.  So it's not just usa. 

I'd love to do a TA to Italy. .... sure wish this would just go away. I was eyeing TA on rcl site last night. A couple I'd love. Spring sounds iffy to me. 

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Could you imagine the pressure on the Concierge if it was their call and not corporate ?

As concierge, they are  cut above the rest of the guest services staff.  They are supposed to make the meaningful decisions.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Ok I looked, I just cant see details

Says after 7 years folios become unavailable. So I dont know if solo or who was with me, etc. But shows most of my cruises and some are so old says 1 from the days when you got a pt for each cruise. 

Hey it says 109 pts, diamond.. whenever that happened...dont even know when they made me diamond tbh. So I'll book a bunch and make diamond plus real fast I figured. No worries. Still figuring out my cruising style after taking time off. 

The “1“ is one credit not one point. When the credits were converted to points each credit was converted to 7 points and there was a formula for some  extra points based on how many credits you had.   The extra points were to take into consideration that some folks may have had longer cruises. The maximum number of extra points provided was (maybe) 13

It is difficult to add the credits and points. 

If you are diamond and didn’t know it, it is likely due to the formula of a few extra points when the conversion took place.  

m

7 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

Thanks.  That is the formula I was referring to in my post.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

you can't get blood out of a turnip

Turnip, more like a dust bowl.

I love how this is a negotiating opportunity. They have giant lending companies breathing down their necks and a person who is a diamond in their stupid loyalty program is going to negotiate a better deal for a class with zero skin in the game.

jc

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1