Crown & Anchor Double Points

Ashland

38 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Ok, I have to ask.  Can you walk across? I can see a group of us setting up a shuttle system to get our Canadian friends to Fl so they can cruise.  I will volunteer to take people from the NY/NJ boarder to MD.

Someone I know was up at Niagara Falls last weekend. They could not get to the Canadian side. They also didn't have passports so that could have been the issue.

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’ve been saying that for quite a while. They gave us 3 drinks to use anywhere and if some want to fight over seats in the lounge then so be it.

My guess is that the lounges will be initially closed because of “social distancing”.  That will continue as long as possible while we become accustomed to it, then the announcement that there will be no lounges, accompanied by a few (distracting) adjustments to the perks so it doesn’t seem like a loss.

5 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

My guess is that the lounges will be initially closed because of “social distancing”.  That will continue as long as possible while we become accustomed to it, then the announcement that there will be no lounges, accompanied by a few (distracting) adjustments to the perks so it doesn’t seem like a loss.

Twenty two pages on double points. We are not distracted easily!😇

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The border is open for flights, its only closed for driving

The caveat for that though is when you return to Canada you have to do a 14 day quarantine.  That could be hard for some.  I don't see it going away till the borders are completely open either.  

Some will be able to do this, some not.  

1 hour ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Ok, I have to ask.  Can you walk across? I can see a group of us setting up a shuttle system to get our Canadian friends to Fl so they can cruise.  I will volunteer to take people from the NY/NJ boarder to MD.

You have to quarantine for 14 days when you get back, assuming present NJ restrictions.

Edited by nelblu

44 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Twenty two pages on double points. We are not distracted easily!😇

Let's face it, this has been the first enjoyable cruising-related thread in quite some time.

It almost seems like normal times. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Actually it answered my question. Someone booked a cruise leaving dec 30, 2021, and I wanted to see terms. It says departing by dec 31, so it counts. 

This is great news !  I am on the 12-31-21 Symphony (thank you, Empress) and I was wondering if they would count the days that extended into 2022.  Thank you !

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Let's face it, this has been the first enjoyable cruising-related thread in quite some time.

It almost seems like normal times. 

Which is a total "SHOCK" to me since I'm the one that started it...Usually my starts go no where :classic_wink:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tinkertwo said:

The caveat for that though is when you return to Canada you have to do a 14 day quarantine.  That could be hard for some.  I don't see it going away till the borders are completely open either.  

Some will be able to do this, some not.  

Yep, that rules out travel for most. 

Theres  a push not only by Air Canada (who has been testing this for the last couple of months) and by other airlines around the world to eliminate the 24 day quarantine period in favour of testing upon arrival. 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

No silly, you have to be at least Gold to use this promo.  

this might be one time where it would make sense to book a cruise to gain a higher status for a future cruise. A new cruiser could book a short cruise, become a gold member after  the first cruise then book a b2b ,solo in a suite and become diamond

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

this might be one time where it would make sense to book a cruise to gain a higher status for a future cruise. A new cruiser could book a short cruise, become a gold member after  the first cruise then book a b2b ,solo in a suite and become diamond

In that scenario Royal is winning and great for them.  They need it and every new blood donor keeping them alive helps us loyal cruisers so I say go for it! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

This is great news !  I am on the 12-31-21 Symphony (thank you, Empress) and I was wondering if they would count the days that extended into 2022.  Thank you !

Pretty sure it's based on departure date, so youbl should be fine

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

So a brand new solo cruiser can book a b2b (14 days) in a JS and receive 84 points = instant Diamond status. And some here think this won't cause a change in the C&A program re lounge access?

I stirred that pot yesterday. 😉

Liking the Audi Avatar as well. Good choice.  

I went through a marathon session with my Big Box person this morning. 5 cruises were affected, with 2 Princess cancellations for refunds, and 2 new bookings.  One existing RCCL needed a cabin change because a b2b got added on. Money moved around, change fees on 2 of them, and more...................

When all the dust settled and my notes were done, I had saved $147, even paying $400 in change fees.  

At first the RCCL rep thought my existing cruises weren't eligible, and I told BB Lady I had the promotion fine print, but the RCCL Rep found it.  Took 2.5 hours to do, and another 2 hours to get everything documented so I wouldn't think I had gone completely crazy the next time I open the notes file.  My husband just told me to tell him when it was all over, and hid in the garage.

Yes, if the cruise leaves on 12/31/21 it gets double points. 

Now, I have nothing booked for 2022, and need to start looking for Jr Suites to help us get to Pinnacle.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, twangster said:

Been there, done that.  Cheers and happy cruising!  🍷

He hasn't been making a lot of eye contact with me all day, for fear of having to listen to all of it.  He's out there again..................

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, pcur said:

He hasn't been making a lot of eye contact with me all day, for fear of having to listen to all of it.  He's out there again..................

Hold on... I think there are some tools out place and the battery on the leaf blower isn't holding a charge...I can see that from here.  I'd offer to help, but, COVID...

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, pcur said:

I went through a marathon session with my Big Box person this morning. 5 cruises were affected, with 2 Princess cancellations for refunds, and 2 new bookings.  One existing RCCL needed a cabin change because a b2b got added on. Money moved around, change fees on 2 of them, and more...................

When all the dust settled and my notes were done, I had saved $147, even paying $400 in change fees.  

At first the RCCL rep thought my existing cruises weren't eligible, and I told BB Lady I had the promotion fine print, but the RCCL Rep found it.  Took 2.5 hours to do, and another 2 hours to get everything documented so I wouldn't think I had gone completely crazy the next time I open the notes file.  My husband just told me to tell him when it was all over, and hid in the garage.

Yes, if the cruise leaves on 12/31/21 it gets double points. 

Now, I have nothing booked for 2022, and need to start looking for Jr Suites to help us get to Pinnacle.

Are you staying on for 12/3 ? :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I'm on that sailing too (thank you Empress). Glad it will be included in the double points deal.

Now the dust has settled a bit... 

How will Royals' competition respond to this offer?  A double points offer of their own?  OBC?  Discounted fares?  Or nothing?  

My view is that they will have to respond in some way but I don't know what form it might take.