Rome in Limo Day Trips from Florence or Rome?

nini

I have read much of the praises of Rome in Limo in various threads.

Next September, we hope to spend a few days pre-cruise in Florence as well as

Rome before we board in Rome.

Can anyone comment on their day tours to "Pisa/ San Gimignano", "A Chianti Day",

or the "Tuscany Wine Tour Montepulciano and Pienza"?

Comments on any of their day tours from Florence or Rome are appreciated.

Thanks!

Did a Siena/Chanti tour with them a few years ago. We started in Florence (we were not on a ship) and finished with an hour or so of direct touring in Florence. Was a great experience with an excellent driver. The tasting was also a food pairing, at a small family winery. All around a great day.

We have also done day tours in Rome and Naples with RIL. Always a great experience with very helpful, friendly and entertaining staff.

• 2 months later...

We've been using Romeinlimo for the past 12 years! Every tour was exceptional. The drivers were so informative. Our last visit in Florence, we did a private tour to a winery. It was a private tour. We started with a stop at a bakery for a pastry and coffee. Terrific way to start. Once we arrived at the winery, we wandered around the property and ended with a private tasting of 4-5 different wines along with cheeses and breads. Afterward we were served a lunch cooked by the family chef, a five course meal with a different wine for every course! It was a once in a lifetime experience! Romeinlimo is so accommodating! during our last visit to Italy, while on one tour we called and reserved another for our next stop! They are the best! Every visit to Italy is a visit with old friends! Grazie Romeinlimo!

20181017_141820 (1).jpg

We've used RIL in Civitavecchia, Livorno, Naples, and Messina.  Always excellent...

We'll be cruising in the Med September through November and will definitely book with RIL if we're not limited to ship's tours.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We booked Florence and San Gimignano with Rome In Limo in 2016, it was a wonderful tour, with a great guide. San Gimignano was such an interesting town.  

We've also booked with them in Rome, multiple times and Naples also.  They are very good at what they do and if we get back to Italy we will certainly be contacting them again.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't speak to these tours, but would give Rome In Limo a big thumbs up!  They were very easy to work with.  Our full day tour in Rome (with disembarkation pick up from the port) was amazing.  The driver gave us everything he possibly could with the time we had.  And he was so personable and friendly.  Based on this, I would certainly book a tour with them.

We have used Rome in Limo since 2003:on our first visit to Italy! They treat you like family! We were last there in September 2019 on International Tourism Day! The Vatican Museum was free that day so lines were huge! They were able to get us head of line entrance! They took us to great place to have lunch! In the morning it was recommended we go directly to St. Peter’s Square when lines bare shorter! Got plenty of time inside St. Peter’s! Will be in Rome September 2022/and will definitely use their services again.

I'm also a RIL cheerleader.  They are just awesome to work with.  Jany - the office Goddess - is the best.  I go back and forth several times until I get it perfect.  The first time we used them for four separate days and all the tours were wonderful.

This cruise I will be using them for several tours.  It will be 7 of us including 4 kids 11, 13, 14 and 17.  I want our tours to be wonderful for the kids.  After all, there is no point taking the kids and having them miserable.  I want them to have fun but learn.  All the arrangements are made and ready to go.  Today's suggestion is to go to Gladiator School.

I can't speak more highly of any private tour guide/company we have ever used and I use private every port we go to.  My only annoyance with them is that they don't go to all the Italian ports - like Genoa.  You simply can't go wrong with them.  Oh, we used them for transfers from the airport to the hotel.  Our guy was standing there with our name as we left the airport.

You simply can't go wrong and don't feel reluctant to ask for what you want.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I agree that RIL is an excellent operation.  We used them out of Livorno for an 8 person tour for the Bolgheri wine tour.  Visited and tasted wines at a small family winery, Michel Satta and then to a larger winery, Argentiera.  Lunch in the medieval village of Bolgheri  was truly special.  I still remember my meal of wild boar ragu with pasta!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree.  I would book now. They are extremely popular and booking a year in advance with them is the norm rather then the exception.  I was 1-1/2 years out when I booked my tours.  They customize for you so sometimes there is some back and forth to get is just like you want.  I know a lot of the tour companies that I have contacted are getting extremely busy.

• 1 month later...

I emailed RomeInLimo about a week ago (via their website) about an excursion from Civitavecchia in mid-November.  Have not heard anything.  Does this mean they are booked?

10 hours ago, MHF said:

I emailed RomeInLimo about a week ago (via their website) about an excursion from Civitavecchia in mid-November.  Have not heard anything.  Does this mean they are booked?

I would email again.  Their response has always been prompt.  Check the spam and trash folders in your email client for their response.

Be sure you're using the correct email address: Info@romeinlimo.com   Also try using the Contact Us form on their website.

On 7/15/2021 at 9:03 AM, -Lew- said:

I would email again.  Their response has always been prompt.  Check the spam and trash folders in your email client for their response.

Be sure you're using the correct email address: Info@romeinlimo.com   Also try using the Contact Us form on their website.

Finally heard from them...not terribly interested in me as a solo.  They suggested I put together a group tour instead.  Will look elsewhere.