Jan 2022 Explorer cancelled and replaced with Radiance

Just received an email that our 1/7/2022 cruise on the Explorer is now canceled and we can transfer onto the Radiance. I dot know rccl reasoning for this. They identified in the email that the itinerary is "similar destinations" to the original Explorer cruise, however looking at the Radiance cruise schedule, it is in no way similar destinations. Get your act together and keep the people happy to enable you to stay afloat.

Grahaminca

• Like 4

They love to use the word "similar" .

My B2B March 2022 southern caribbean on Freedom was just changed to Explorer.

My schedule isn't up yet for the 20th & 27th but looking at the March 6th..it isn't "similar".

26 minutes ago, Ashland said:

They love to use the word "similar" .

My B2B March 2022 southern caribbean on Freedom was just changed to Explorer.

My schedule isn't up yet for the 20th & 27th but looking at the March 6th..it isn't "similar".

That’s odd, you would have thought that all the itineraries would have been released together. 

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s odd, you would have thought that all the itineraries would have been released together. 

Oh dear....those are the two words I have hated to see today in regards to my B2B

"similar" & "odd" .

59 minutes ago, grahaminca said:

Just received an email that our 1/7/2022 cruise on the Explorer is now canceled and we can transfer onto the Radiance. I dot know rccl reasoning for this. They identified in the email that the itinerary is "similar destinations" to the original Explorer cruise, however looking at the Radiance cruise schedule, it is in no way similar destinations. Get your act together and keep the people happy to enable you to stay afloat.

Grahaminca

Grahaminca,

Where is the Radiance cruise in January 2022 supposed to be?  We were supposed to be on it in February from Brisbane to the South Pacific but they've just cancelled that and I can't now find where Radiance is supposed to be after October 2021.

5 minutes ago, amp-qld said:

Grahaminca,

Where is the Radiance cruise in January 2022 supposed to be?  We were supposed to be on it in February from Brisbane to the South Pacific but they've just cancelled that and I can't now find where Radiance is supposed to be after October 2021.

Radiance will be in Miami now for late 2021-early 2022.

And the 9nt itinerary (ABC Islands) we had booked on Explorer is nowhere close to similar to the new.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RD_Caribbean.pdf

Dan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, amp-qld said:

Grahaminca,

Hope this helps

https://www.cruisedirect.com/search-results?CruiseLine[]=25&Departure[min][date]=01-01-2022&Departure[max][date]=01-31-2022

3 minutes ago, grahaminca said:

That still shows the cruise we were booked on that has been cancelled.  I understand that Radiance will actually be in the Caribbean.

7 minutes ago, Dan-P said:

And the 9nt itinerary (ABC Islands) we had booked on Explorer is nowhere close to similar to the new.

Dan.

The ABC Islands is why we booked this.  Originally scheduled for Explorer in 2021 but Lift & Shift to 2022.  Not sure what we are going to do as we were looking forward to cruising to the ABC's again.  🍷

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wine-O said:

The ABC Islands is why we booked this.  Originally scheduled for Explorer in 2021 but Lift & Shift to 2022.  Not sure what we are going to do as we were looking forward to cruising to the ABC's again.  🍷

That was exactly the same as us ...Originally scheduled for Explorer in 2021 but Lift & Shift to 2022.

Grahaminca

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wine-O said:

Agreed.  We were booked on a B2B with one leg booked specifically for the 9nt ABC run.

The new 9nt isn't horrible, but isn't the ABCs!  Not sure what we are going to do yet.

Dan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grahaminca said:

Grahaminca

Not to happy about this either.  we,re on the April 1 2022 sailing .  and the ships are totally different Radiance is so much smaller.  Explorer was our home away from home for so many years in NYC.  we even took her 14 day repo. Then she went to Europe i was so sad. then i heard she would be back stateside i was thrilled.

So sad in CT

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

We were moved from allure to liberty. Idk your options or ta, but mine got on the phone that night and got me a special cabin. Had he not bothered and waiting those would have been gone. Imo.

By waiting you might get a worse cabin?

Just a thought if you want  special cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knots4crewzing said:

Not to happy about this either.  we,re on the April 1 2022 sailing .  and the ships are totally different Radiance is so much smaller.  Explorer was our home away from home for so many years in NYC. 

Radiance being so much smaller than Explorer is exactly why we like it and had booked it for a now cancelled South Pacific cruise in February 2022.  Feel free to send it back down under.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We booked Explorer for Jan 2021 for the itinerary. I now think we have a less than 1 in 10 chance of sailing.

Not to worry I thought, as we can always delay a year. Learnt about change to Radiance - no problem!

Looking at the itineraries now though I think we'll go for something else entirely. 

• Like 1

We originally booked Explorer for December 2020 because of the amped ship and the ABC itinerary. We L&S to December 2021 for obvious reasons and now this....I honestly don’t mind the change to Radiance because we love that class of ships, but the new itinerary is nothing like we originally booked. Only thing making us even consider keeping the booking is the great deal we got on it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SECdawg said:

We are in the same situation with our November 2021 cruise. Booked it for ABC's and the size of Explorer. Now we get a smaller ship and not ABC's. We will probably cancel.

Exactly what i was thinking.   As the more im  thinking about it  i think were also going to cancel .  Ive thought it over and over and as much as i hate to cancel~ 1. it will save me a trip by car to Miami😁 2. not having to repeat this itinerary.  Been to those islands a  lot. 3. i really wanted to go on the Explorer (so excited she was back stateside) and visit overnite in Aruba.  This sounded so awesome.

Very sad about this change!!!    I know with everything going on there would be changes. Just have to go with the flow at the moment.  I just hope we can still go on our April 11 2021 cruise. 

17 hours ago, Dan-P said:

Dan.

I’m pretty sure that the schedule on that link will be tossed out the window. My letter said that the new Radiance cruise would be sailing on the exact same date from Miami, December 10th 2021. There’s nothing on the link for that date.  

There’s more questions than answers right now.  

20 minutes ago, NthernLgts said:

I’m pretty sure that the schedule on that link will be tossed out the window. My letter said that the new Radiance cruise would be sailing on the exact same date from Miami, December 10th 2021. There’s nothing on the link for that date.  

I just got off the phone with Royal and was told in the switch they would assign the rooms!  I was in a jr suite on Explorer November 12 2021, on deck 9 with rooms above to dampen the noise from the pool deck and Windjammer.  On Radiance all the suites are on deck 10 just below all the action.  In other words, noisy!  Plus you can't choose your room on Radiance, they will be assigned..Well, I did not pay for guarantee!! I DID get an amazing rate on Explorer and I know I will never get that rate again...less than my last 7 night in a balcony, so I told them to put me on Radiance. When I get my room "assignment"  I will be calling them again if the location is not ideal.

Edited by sharpasice

29 minutes ago, NthernLgts said:

The December 10, 2021 9nt is listed on there - second page of the PDF:

Miami, Florida • Cruising • Labadee, HaitiSan Juan, Puerto Rico Philipsburg, St. Maarten Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis St. Croix, U.S Virgin Islands Puerto Plata, Dominican RepublicCruising• Miami, Florida

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My March 20th & 27th (2022) are still not up. I called RCI and was told that luckily my itineraries will be the same.

Same sail dates...only change is the ship and their working on assigning cabins and yes indeed blocking off the ones already booked and transferring to my exact same OS but with a different cabin #.

The OBC for suites is $100 pp not per cabin. They said should get my email soon with confirmations.

Fingers crossed all this is correct and that this ship sails.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

My March 20th & 27th (2022) are still not up. I called RCI and was told that luckily my itineraries will be the same.

Same sail dates...only change is the ship and their working on assigning cabins and yes indeed blocking off the ones already booked and transferring to my exact same OS but with a different cabin #.

The OBC for suites is $100 pp not per cabin. They said should get my email soon with confirmations.

Fingers crossed all this is correct and that this ship sails.

Good news!

• Thanks 1