ANY Carnival ships going to St. Lucia?

beshears

I KNOW, and I have a feeling there has been no posting here for a long time, but I thought I would throw this question out anyway. We know because of the virus there are no ships headed out anywhere right now. I did see where Carnival was to have 6 ships leaving in December, but that can be cancelled out as well. I don't recall any of the names right now, but I was wondering if "anyone" had read/heard of any Carnival ships going to St. Lucia next year. 8 of us, like many more were headed that way the middle part of March when the virus came along and cancelled our trip. I have been blessed to visit many ports, but I want my grown sons and wives to visit/see St. Lucia as well.

Thank you for your response. Yes, we were going to do the Fascination in March of this year, and what a bummer that is, now that they have got rid of it. I don't believe any of my sons/wives would be able to do the 8 days, as they can barely do the 7. I know Norwegian (I believe) is doing this to St. Lucia. I and a friend were on a brand new ship of the Norwegian, and not only we, but many others were complaining about the ship. We even heard people complaining on the airplane we were on as well. We said we would never go on Norwegian again, unless they give us a free ride!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, beshears said:

Thank you for your response. Yes, we were going to do the Fascination in March of this year, and what a bummer that is, now that they have got rid of it. I don't believe any of my sons/wives would be able to do the 8 days, as they can barely do the 7. I know Norwegian (I believe) is doing this to St. Lucia. I and a friend were on a brand new ship of the Norwegian, and not only we, but many others were complaining about the ship. We even heard people complaining on the airplane we were on as well. We said we would never go on Norwegian again, unless they give us a free ride!

You're family doesn't like cruising? Why not plan a short land vacation to St. Lucia? 

Yes, my family LOVES cruising, and I am "thinking" of an All Inclusive in St. Lucia, but I am STILL holding out for Carnival or maybe another cruise line, but not Norwegian. I just love stopping at the ports, and that would make a big difference, so time will tell.

I'm booked on carnival sunshine Jan 2022 going there.Hopefully it all straightens out by then.I booked before covid became a thing.It's a 10 day journeys cruise though.We had been there 5 years ago with Celebrity and enjoyed the itinerary.

• Like 1

I would LOVE to be cruising on a 14 day, especially in January, because it is so COLD here in KC, MO. 🙂  As I said earlier, it is hard enough for my 3 sons to get off work for a 7 day cruise. Yes, I have a feeling things will be better by 2022, hopefully, but I DON'T want to have to wait until 2022 to cruise, so time will tell. 🙂

On 10/23/2020 at 7:35 PM, beshears said:

Yes, my family LOVES cruising, and I am "thinking" of an All Inclusive in St. Lucia, but I am STILL holding out for Carnival or maybe another cruise line, but not Norwegian. I just love stopping at the ports, and that would make a big difference, so time will tell.

Why anyone would choose a cruise over an A.I. In this virus situation is beyond me. 400 people on 500 acres or 4000 people on 1000’.  As I am on Sandals FB page, the resorts are open and operating with protocols. Some island are easier to get in than others, check the State Department website. 

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me know about Holland American, and I'll have to check them out.  This cruise line was the first cruise line I ever cruised on, and that is when I got HOOKED on cruising! As for cruising, compared to AI, everyone has their OWN opinions. I have never done AI, but unless you have quite a bit of money, a person will not be going all around, compared to a ship taking you to different ports. Of course, I would NOT be doing a cruise or an AI, until I KNEW things were cleared enough where we would be allowed to do it. Yes, I know the AI, there are not as many people there like usual, but I haven't decided as yet, as I am waiting to see what happens with this virus.

• 3 weeks later...

In 2021, out of San Juan, there are many options available on RCI.  From April through Oct, there are weekly 7 day sailings on the Vision of the Seas.  In Nov and Dec, there is the Explorer of the Seas.  In March and April, which of course are iffy, are the Freedom and Enchantment of the Seas.

On 10/25/2020 at 5:51 PM, coevan said:

Why anyone would choose a cruise over an A.I. In this virus situation is beyond me. 400 people on 500 acres or 4000 people on 1000’.  As I am on Sandals FB page, the resorts are open and operating with protocols. Some island are easier to get in than others, check the State Department website. 

I would always choose a cruise over an All Inclusive. Why would I bother staying at a hotel/resort if I can’t earn points on my spend with my preferred loyalty group? That seems like a waste to me.

Edited by xDisconnections

I agree completely.  I have never done an AI, but I've never had a desire to do this. Actually, I was just looking at the papers of our cruise that we were to do in March, when it was cancelled.  I had already checked with my insurance, and I'm planning on "double-checking" again, to make sure what I paid for the insurance coverage for the 7 of us is still good until December of 2021, as I was told. My other question will be "if" the insurance I paid for will cover "another" cruise line if Carnival does not come up with going to St. Lucia.

On 10/23/2020 at 9:35 PM, beshears said:

Same here.  We did many (10-15) all inclusives on many different islands when kiddies were little, before we discovered cruising. (and when kids under the age of 12 were not charged at all-inclusives)  Now I can't imagine sitting at one location for a week.  Love waking up in a different port every day or two.  However, will now see where cruising is heading in the future.  Might end up back in all-inclusives for a bit until things settle down in the covid world.